Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Amaka Igwe's Directing Workshop - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Amaka Igwe's Directing Workshop (2873 Views)

Amaka Igwe Announces Launch Of QTV / Amaka Igwe Studios Presents Big Daddy - A Short Film On Rape / Rattle Snake By Amaka Igwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaka Igwe's Directing Workshop by krisbobo(m): 11:59pm On Dec 20, 2007
AMAKA IGWE STUDIOS
And
Centre For Excellence in Film and Media Studies

Present

(DIRECTING 101)

Course Description

This is an intensive practical workshop for young directors or anyone who interested in directing. It is also designed for those who have experience in live theatre and want to move on to directing for screen.

Course Content

• What is Directing?
• Who is a Director?
• The Art of Script Appreciation
• Directing Talent
• Casting
• Understanding the Audience
• Directing Feature films
• Directing TV Soaps
• Style and Substance
• Film show and Practical analysis
• Shots and Shot Making
• Camera Placement

[b][/b]Format

The workshop will include discussions and personal experiences from core professional in an all-inclusive style.

The workshop requires commitment from participants as it will run for 35 hours from Monday to Friday.

Participants will be given a certificate at the end of the workshop.

Experience in directing is not a prerequisite for admission. However, participants are expected to have at least a first degree or its equivalent.

This workshop is open to a maximum of 50 participants on first-come-first-served basis.

Workshop fee is N10, 000 only

Lunch will be served.

Workshop will run from 9am to 4pm everyday from 7th to 11thJanuary, 2008.

For more enquiries call 07028178824. E-mail centfilms@yahoo.com

[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Amaka Igwe's Directing Workshop by krisbobo(m): 12:03am On Dec 21, 2007
@ Seun

I'll be very glad if this topic can be placed on the home page so everyone who's interested can benefit. THANKS

I told you a few weeks ago that my teacher was about to structure training. Well this is it.

Hope that we can all benmefit from this and other workshops in scriptwriting, editing, cinematography, acting etc that she has lined up.

thanks again.
Re: Amaka Igwe's Directing Workshop by krisbobo(m): 8:33pm On Dec 27, 2007
@All those who've made contact

Thanks for the calls and mails. I hope I was able to answer your questions.

there are a few spaces yet to fill.

cheers and happy holidays everybody.
Re: Amaka Igwe's Directing Workshop by Seun(m): 12:14pm On Jan 13, 2008
Moved to TV/Movie Business section. Thanks, kris.

(1) (Reply)

Dsr 450 Video Camera For Sale 1.7m / Film Camera/equipment For Hire! / Searching For A Short Film Script To Produce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.