Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Bluetooth Transfer Rates - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Bluetooth Transfer Rates (1690 Views)

Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates / MTN SURPRISE UPDATE: Price Drop On Data Rates officially / MTN Reviews Call Tariff: Call Rates As Low As 10kobo Across All Networks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bluetooth Transfer Rates by Xeth: 12:22pm On Apr 17, 2006
I recently got a new Samsung D600 and a bluetooth dongle for my pc to transfer files. Can anyone tell me what kind of transfer rate i should be expecting from the PC to phone?
I'm only averaging 25 - 30kbps. Is this normal?
I was under the impression it would be faster,

Thanks for any help!
Re: Bluetooth Transfer Rates by Bossman(m): 3:10pm On Apr 17, 2006
A number of factors will determione the actual transfer rate.

1. The handshaking and protocols between the BT devices. In this case your PC and phone.

2. The proximity of your phone to the PC
Re: Bluetooth Transfer Rates by Hunter(m): 7:57am On Apr 18, 2006
no, those speeds are pretty much spot on.

I tend to use my USB cable over my bluetooth as it's a bit faster
Re: Bluetooth Transfer Rates by Xeth: 9:07am On Apr 18, 2006
Thanks for the replies!
When looking through settings in my phone yesterday i found the option to Authorise BT devices, so i authorised my PC. I didn't know about that option before, but since i've done that the transfer rate has doubled to around an average of 60kbps. Maybe that's just coincidence, i don't know, but it's a big improvement anyway.
Re: Bluetooth Transfer Rates by kennys: 3:29pm On Apr 20, 2006
Hellow,
Can anyone only help me out! am finding it difficult to make use of my Memory card on my Sendo x phone.i cannot send to it.And again after i have sent a message to 3888 and typed settings to MTN,I still not able to brows on it.Though MTN sent me some code to save which i have done,yet i still not able to brows on my set
Pls,i need your help.Thanks!
Re: Bluetooth Transfer Rates by kennys: 3:35pm On Apr 20, 2006
Hello
Can anyone help me out! am finding it difficult to make use of my Memory card on my Sendo x phone.i cannot send to it.And again after i have  sent a message to 3888 and typed settings to MTN,I still not able to brows on it.Though MTN sent me some code to save which i have done,yet i still not able to brows on my set
Pls,i need your help.Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

Play Music With Bluetooth Headset On Android / Latest 2go Version 8.9 Is Out??? SEE / How To Get 50mb For Just N100 on Mtn-ng (an Emergency Plan)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.