Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates (44677 Views)

10 Categories Of People That May Not Afford To Browse When Data Rates Increases / MTN Introduces Cheaper Data Bundles / NITEL Returns As NTEL With 4G Cheaper Data Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 15, 2015
The availability of multiple applications like BBM, Skype, WhatsApp is eating up the revenues of major Nigerian Telecommunication companies. With the budding apps, calling and short message services have taken the back seat and as a result, the telecommunication companies are facing a massive loss of revenue.

A recent report has revealed that majority of the telcos have fallen some 30% decline in their expected revenue generation. Apart from this revenue drop statistics, the report also suggested that the companies could see an additional decrease of 20% in the total revenue. In order to reclaim the loss, some of the telcos have raised data price through the means of shaving, which is eventually hurting the broadband penetration in Nigeria.
How the shaving is done

The current data plans, irrespective of the network hardly last the expected duration it is meant to last, due to increased use of internet in Nigeria. For example, I’ve been a victim of Airtel on several occasions. Buying their so called 2GB BIS plan for 1,500 naira is suicide. The last time I used the service, I hardly got 200 megabytes of data usage before I was slammed with the reality of my “data is exhausted!” What a sham?

http://somtoo.com/nigerian-networks-introduce-shaving-to-balance-cheaper-data-costs/

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by Tboysalau(m): 12:16pm On Aug 15, 2015
embarassed
Please where Is the price for FTC cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by udemzyudex(m): 2:28pm On Aug 15, 2015
Shaving, so dem don turn to barber.... Smh

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by AdeniyiA(m): 3:04pm On Aug 15, 2015
udemzyudex:
Shaving, so dem don turn to barber.... Smh
yes, with swagger by 'shaving your head' and blowing cool breeze on it undecided

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by udemzyudex(m): 3:08pm On Aug 15, 2015
AdeniyiA:

yes, with swagger by 'shaving your head' and blowing cool breeze at it undecided
Taa gerreout grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by AdeniyiA(m): 3:22pm On Aug 15, 2015
udemzyudex:
Taa gerreout grin
I don't hobnob with kids undecided

26 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by Youngpo413: 3:54pm On Aug 15, 2015
Lol
Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by Ugojames(m): 4:08pm On Aug 15, 2015
Lol I never really tot about this issue this way tho
Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by Nelkoko: 5:02pm On Aug 15, 2015
MTN d chief SHAVER....NA BLUNT RAZOR DEM DEY USE

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by nzeobi(m): 6:36pm On Aug 15, 2015
Airtel 2gig na loobish, the shave with broken bottle.
Glo is kul cool

But maybe them don remove subsidy cheesy wink cry

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by Oyetboy(m): 6:58pm On Aug 15, 2015
nzeobi:
Airtel 2gig na loobish, the shave with broken bottle.
Glo is kul cool
but their network coverage is bad.... glo hardly connects to the internet inside unilag and it environs, very slow

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by ElDaIllest(m): 7:28pm On Aug 15, 2015
Chai...so they are now Bankywing our data? Eeh? Osaro abeg come sell glo sim gimme abeg!!! cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by nzeobi(m): 8:02pm On Aug 15, 2015
Oyetboy:
but their network coverage is bad.... glo hardly connects to the internet inside unilag and it environs, very slow
Maybe it's cos of environment cos it's cheap on bb10

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by Gucciboss: 8:13pm On Aug 15, 2015
I think Etisalat remains the best in data reliability. i subscribed 2k for 2gb after exhausting my data, my data counter showed 1.97gb.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by Liamm(m): 8:24pm On Aug 15, 2015
Little wonder my hair no longer lasts for the stipulated time. MTN. Airtel, Etisalat and glo join hand dey shave my hair grin

Shaving ko, frictioning ni grin

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by ibe9ja: 8:25pm On Aug 15, 2015
Thief telecom companies, are there no telecoms in the Western World where these applications are widely used? People still use text messaging and call services because they are cheap and affordable and no magomago in their charges unlike this 'shaving' method wey our telecom companies wan begin use shave the remaining hair for our head. No be we cause dis one wey una dey so no need to transfer aggression to your customers in the form of shaving abi na barbing.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by veekid(m): 8:25pm On Aug 15, 2015
k
Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by psychologist(m): 8:25pm On Aug 15, 2015
True.......
God bless Mike adenuga (glo) for his 3gb....saving the ass of students cool

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by natas22: 8:25pm On Aug 15, 2015
Op that's true the airtel BIS works with speed.of light grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by Kelklein(m): 8:25pm On Aug 15, 2015
[size=16pt] I want to disagree with the op on this his 'shaving' concept.

'shaving' as you put it, will only occur if you don't follow simple instructions... that "do not load BIS on an android phone"..when you do that, you will be totally liable for any inconvenience you experience.

but the way airtel barb data tho

etisalat is the best in terms of data management

followed by MTN, then glo and lastly airtel

but in terms of speed.. airtel dust all of them

my2kb tho [/size]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by OCTAVO: 8:26pm On Aug 15, 2015
Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by steppin: 8:28pm On Aug 15, 2015
Hmm
Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 15, 2015
So in other words they are exploiting us?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by dview001(m): 8:29pm On Aug 15, 2015
Liesss
Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by igahdavid(m): 8:29pm On Aug 15, 2015
Yes, this is so so true. I was discussing with a friend the other day. When I bought my Galaxy tab in 2012. I use to buy a 350mb monthly data and it was enough to browse the Internet for a month. I am a heavy browser. I read the news on almost all available platforms. Nairaland, Blogs and Online newspapers and 350mb was enough(I hardly download anything).

Fast forward to 2015, I do exactly the same things I do online as before, but 2gb is never enough for me in a month.

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by gbaskiboy: 8:29pm On Aug 15, 2015
Ayam coming ooo
Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by reverendfather: 8:30pm On Aug 15, 2015
MTN father of all shavers, shaving the shavees off their hard earned cash. I activated a one month BIS plan with these robbers only for my browsing speed to get throttled three days later. I just jejelly remove the useless simcard and inserted my etisalat.... Etibaba saving lives since 2008..

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by Youngzedd(m): 8:31pm On Aug 15, 2015
I already know that we're been ripped off.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by Dahjhi: 8:31pm On Aug 15, 2015
embarassed[size=15pt]No wonder I've used 300mb in just 2days with no heavy browsing.

Abi God wan shave dem life ni?? Nah all our things for Naija deh dey diff.. Just when guys are happy we are having a sub for their killer call rates with instant chats.. .. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 15, 2015
It's not just Airtel.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by dimexilux(m): 8:32pm On Aug 15, 2015
so, what is the way forward?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by godoluwa(m): 8:33pm On Aug 15, 2015
LMAO. fp @ last.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help / Checkout Nokia 3310 That Costs N776,000 - Will You Buy? / Funniest Meme Reactions To The Iphone X And Iphone 8 Launch Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.