Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,024 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

How To Get The Best Jobs In Nigeria Pls Share Your Experience - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Get The Best Jobs In Nigeria Pls Share Your Experience (4360 Views)

Why Only Great ‘toasters’ Get The Best Jobs In Nigeria / Pls. Who knows The Nielsen coy Nigeria,pls I Really Need your Response / Interview Questions For P&g ( Pls Share) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get The Best Jobs In Nigeria Pls Share Your Experience by lurojohn(m): 11:30pm On Oct 17, 2012
There are far fewer Jobs in Nigeria than the people searching for Jobs, but some smart people still find themselves getting jobs or switching Jobs without Hassles.
I had to form this thread for many of us who seems not to find it that easy so we can get some tips on how to get a dream Job in Nigeria
I know there are a lot of ways to attract the right Oil and Gas Job, bank Job, Telecoms Job etc, but i 'll just share these few and want others to make their contributions regards these and how they think someone can get a dream Job

1. Tap your contacts. Do you know anyone who works for the organization already? Do you know anyone who might know someone who works for that organization already? Try to get a hold of people already in the organization and see whether or not they can put in a good word for you somewhere. This is the connection thing in Nigeria

2. Make some new contacts. Don’t be afraid to stop by the office at some point in advance of your interview to talk to people.

3. Make your resume clean, simple, and error free. If you’re not completely confident about your spelling and grammar, find a good writer who can review your resume for you. Don’t mess this up.

4. Read, study, and practice How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie this is the best book I’ve ever read on how to present yourself well to others. It’s broken down into actionable items you can practice, and these items really work. Knowing and using the material in this book will set you apart from people who do not.

Please Share other ways one can get his dream Job

1 Like

Re: How To Get The Best Jobs In Nigeria Pls Share Your Experience by simpleibk: 6:36am On Oct 18, 2012
This is a very true case in Nigeria; organizations have now become even more selective about hiring simply because supply is more demand. But notwithstanding, here are some tips that can guide towards getting your dream job. 1) Explore early. It is always better to spend time discovering yourself and pursing your passion at an early age when there are still limited family responsibilities. It is not enough to only rely on your qualification, academic performance, skill, aptitude and a good personality to guarantee your dream job. 2) Networking is also important. Your chain of friends should be aware that you are currently in search for a job. 3) Do adequate research. Detailed findings about the organizations offering your dream job must be must done.
Re: How To Get The Best Jobs In Nigeria Pls Share Your Experience by lurojohn(m): 7:04am On Oct 18, 2012
*There is the need for one to get the required certifications and requirements and even more for that sector or job you are in search of so you can have added advantage
*Also be vast in almost all areas of life, from ICT, Social issues, to even latest trends
Re: How To Get The Best Jobs In Nigeria Pls Share Your Experience by simpleibk: 7:19am On Oct 18, 2012
Having the requirements and certifications are good but I can tell you they are not enough. There are so many over qualified candidates that haven't had the opportunity of getting this dream job. I believe networking with the right people is key! grin
Re: How To Get The Best Jobs In Nigeria Pls Share Your Experience by biafranqueen: 10:29pm On Apr 11, 2013
All the above are greats points on landing jobs!The internet is fast becoming a way for Nigerians to find jobs. Having worked in Human Resources for a Nigerian American company and reviewing resumes I must admit that thousands come in and we separate them according to what we are hiring for using the key words in a job description set forth by management.

Know the job description you are applying for even if your a fresh graduate and your major does not match talk about how you acquired skills through school activities, family business,NYSC etc; know your strengths and weakness Most importantly study your target job and have a clear focus on what the employer wants to hear in the resume look at the job from the needs of the hiring manager.

The resume needs to have long promises but short on explanation
What skills expertise can you bring to the company how can your position increase the bottom line.
Package your self up according to the specific job target focus on the jobs you know you can do well.
Target a job you can land and be successful at!

1 Like

Re: How To Get The Best Jobs In Nigeria Pls Share Your Experience by bisiofgod(m): 10:40pm On Apr 11, 2013
Pray always that God should connect you to your destiny helper because he is the helper of the helpless

1 Like

Re: How To Get The Best Jobs In Nigeria Pls Share Your Experience by wisdomkid: 3:30am On Jun 11, 2013
Have you tried visiting Jobs in Nigeria
Re: How To Get The Best Jobs In Nigeria Pls Share Your Experience by tinnymerit(m): 5:11am On Jun 11, 2013
Get the right skills that relates to your first certificate(OND,HND,BSC,NCE etc).I wonder to see somebody that studied microbiology in school running after CCNA and somebody that read Agric running after linux.Right course right certs and GOD should not be let out of the equations too.
Re: How To Get The Best Jobs In Nigeria Pls Share Your Experience by kedunaija(m): 9:21am On Nov 17, 2016
5 Easy Ways To Get Good Jobs In Nigeria - Jobs In Nigeria
http://dailygists.com.ng/5-easy-ways-get-good-jobs-nigeria-jobs-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

Lekoil Ltd / Recruitment Agency In Port-harcourt / Hnd Upper Credit Only Need Apply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.