Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,093 members, 7,821,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Help On Volkwagen Passat - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Help On Volkwagen Passat (1339 Views)

Tokunbo 2007 Volkwagen Passat(lagos Cleared) Leather, Asking 1.750m / PRICE DOWN!! Neat 2012 Volkwagen Passat CC (fairlyUsed) Now 2.350m / A Volkwagen Passat Wagon And A Toyota Windon(lexus) For Sale. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help On Volkwagen Passat by ehinor(m): 9:32am On Jan 24, 2008
Dear All,

I intend buying a Volkwagen Passat and will require your comments/contributions on:

1. The availability of the spare parts for repairing the vehicle;

2. Cost of maintenance; and

3. An idea of the price range (for a first class tokunbo)

Your comments/contributions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Ehinor
Re: Help On Volkwagen Passat by DatNiggaAk(m): 10:43am On Jan 24, 2008
viperman,
any contribution?
Re: Help On Volkwagen Passat by fotodaddy: 1:10pm On Jan 24, 2008
What kind of passat

year, model, engine type etc.
Re: Help On Volkwagen Passat by ehinor(m): 4:15pm On Jan 24, 2008
Thanks Pal,

Model: Passat 1.6 Base

Engine: 1.6 petrol

Year: 2001

Heard the parts are difficult to come by. Is this true?

Regards,
Ehinor
Re: Help On Volkwagen Passat by fotodaddy: 6:26pm On Jan 24, 2008
crap!!

I have had 4 passats. Hey are great and I vowed I would never do japanese cars again.

Running gear parts are all the same as for mine. It is almost impossble to get genuine parts. I have a couple of guys who give me parts and the rest I buy whenever I am in europe. Infat I have spares for my passt that should take me for another 3 years!!!!

The 1.6 will be sluggish and have almost nothing interms of otions as compared with the models with the bigger engines.

You will need some trust worthy mechanics who know VWs. I can link you up with mine.

Bottom: You will have no regrets if you stick with good mechanics. These cars' electrics can act up. But nothing that can be solved.

Do you stay in Lagos?? Cos I do and all m links are for Lagos.
Re: Help On Volkwagen Passat by ehinor(m): 9:24am On Jan 29, 2008
Fotodaddy,

Are you saying the parts are readily available without going to Europe to procure them. Please clarify.

Thanks and best regards.
Re: Help On Volkwagen Passat by laudate: 4:51pm On Apr 10, 2008
fotodaddy:

crap!!

I have had 4 passats. Hey are great and I vowed I would never do japanese cars again.

Hmmn. . . .I know the feeling!! wink

fotodaddy:

You will need some trust worthy mechanics who know VWs. I can link you up with mine.

Bottom: You will have no regrets if you stick with good mechanics. These cars' electrics can act up. But nothing that can be solved.

Do you stay in Lagos?? Cos I do and all m links are for Lagos.

Kindly paste the details of these mechanics and their locations, pls. The info. would be highly appreciated. cool
Re: Help On Volkwagen Passat by felixweah(m): 5:00pm On Apr 10, 2008
Model: Passat 1.6 Base

Engine: 1.6 petrol

Year: 2001

i have one on the way to nija 4 give away price halla at me if you realy intrested .

felixweah@yahoo.com
Re: Help On Volkwagen Passat by EZECAR: 8:13am On Aug 02, 2008
hi theres a sweet passat for you email me for details
ezeanumudu@yahoo.com
Re: Help On Volkwagen Passat by obua: 1:46pm On Aug 02, 2008
pls send details of the passat post 1998 ie B5 to my email ifyobua@yahoo.com.
Re: Help On Volkwagen Passat by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 03, 2008
The 1,595cc Passat will be reliable, but sluggish.
It's a bloody heavy car, and 101 hp just isn't enough to shift that mass.

She'll be thirstier than a 1,781cc - 1,984cc version, as the 1,6 has virtually no cruising ability, without going WOT every now and again.
I'd personally go for the 1,8 - 2,0 range. The engines will also have an easier life.

If you insist on the 1,6, then I'd advice you go for the mechanically similar Audi A4, of the same year.
Smaller than the Passat, it's lighter too, and will have considerably better mpg.

Good luck, whichever you choose.

(1) (Reply)

Mercedes 300 V-boot Coup For Sale 470k / How Much Does Mini Cooper S 2004 Model Cost In Naija? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.