Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,097 members, 7,811,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Must Your Spouse Know Everything You Give Your Parent - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must Your Spouse Know Everything You Give Your Parent (1436 Views)

Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! / Does Your Spouse Know Your Username On Nairaland Forum? / Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Your Spouse Know Everything You Give Your Parent by preciousmee: 10:20pm On Oct 18, 2012
Sometimes i am not comfortable when my husband insist on knowing everything I do for my family, I don't brother about his responsibilities towards his own family so I expect same from him. But most times he wants to know
who and how much I give to my own family. Please NLs is this normal?
Re: Must Your Spouse Know Everything You Give Your Parent by obowunmi(m): 10:28pm On Oct 18, 2012
What's wrong in telling him?

Well you can let him know that he should also tell you how much he spend on his family. Communication is key so work it out.
Re: Must Your Spouse Know Everything You Give Your Parent by preciousmee: 10:41pm On Oct 18, 2012
obowunmi: What's wrong in telling him?

Well you can let him know that he should also tell you how much he spend on his family. Communication is key so work it out.

Thanks for your response .the tone my husband uses when he is asking doesn't encourage me to answer him because I feel he is not happy with it.
Re: Must Your Spouse Know Everything You Give Your Parent by obowunmi(m): 10:58pm On Oct 18, 2012
Don't assume anything. If he asks tell him. Btw, do you guys have a joint account? Do you pay any household bills?
Re: Must Your Spouse Know Everything You Give Your Parent by preciousmee: 11:16pm On Oct 18, 2012
obowunmi: Don't assume anything. If he asks tell him. Btw, do you guys have a joint account? Do you pay any household bills?

We pay bills but no joint account .my husband is not prudent I save more than he does so for now no joint account
Re: Must Your Spouse Know Everything You Give Your Parent by obowunmi(m): 11:42pm On Oct 18, 2012
Well seems like its just merely communication issues. Tell him about your expenses before he asks or proactively create a budget and share the information with him. You can also request that he does the same. He seems he only wants to know and not to cause you pain or make you uncomfortable.

Plus if you create a budget, you can hide many expenses. LoooL - don't take his requests too seriously, have fun with it. Don't let it bother you to the extent that you are making it. Goodluck.
Re: Must Your Spouse Know Everything You Give Your Parent by 9lifes(m): 3:13am On Oct 19, 2012
If he is not prudent,then he has not earn the right to know.If you start giving him info,he may start thinking you have enof,he will either spend more or push more financial responsibility to you to fulfill his spending habits..this kind of people are hard to live with especially in funny financial situations,they don't know when to stop.

But i feel you guys should discuss money matters,who pays what,i mean come up with a financial plan for everything.communication is the key..but how do u communicate financial matters with someone with a different financial attitude?

He is your husband,so you have no choice but to talk things over with him..and if giving to your parents makes him behave funny,then you have to keep it low or change the way you do it around him.But don't forget your husband and kids are priority #1!

1 Like

Re: Must Your Spouse Know Everything You Give Your Parent by preciousmee: 7:48am On Oct 19, 2012
obowunmi: Well seems like its just merely communication issues. Tell him about your expenses before he asks or proactively create a budget and share the information with him. You can also request that he does the same. He seems he only wants to know and not to cause you pain or make you uncomfortable.

Plus if you create a budget, you can hide many expenses. LoooL - don't take his requests too seriously, have fun with it. Don't let it bother you to the extent that you are making it. Goodluck.

Thanks a lot...
Re: Must Your Spouse Know Everything You Give Your Parent by preciousmee: 7:55am On Oct 19, 2012
9lifes: If he is not prudent,then he has not earn the right to know.If you start giving him info,he may start thinking you have enof,he will either spend more or push more financial responsibility to you to fulfill his spending habits..this kind of people are hard to live with especially in funny financial situations,they don't know when to stop.

But i feel you guys should discuss money matters,who pays what,i mean come up with a financial plan for everything.communication is the key..but how do u communicate financial matters with someone with a different financial attitude?

He is your husband,so you have no choice but to talk things over with him..and if giving to your parents makes him behave funny,then you have to keep it low or change the way you do it around him.But don't forget your husband and kids are priority #1!

Thanks. The truth is he knows my financial status, he knows what I earn so to hide some stuff from him might be a bit difficult but I will sure try that to avoid unnecessary fights. The fact is I don't really do the given all the time but when it is necessary .
Re: Must Your Spouse Know Everything You Give Your Parent by 234GT(m): 9:33am On Oct 19, 2012
As long as you dont leave your husband to take care of ALL the financial responsibilities in the family, you are entitled to give your relatives money when they demand from you. Your husband should even thank God that you are not demanding money from him to give your relatives. My uncle's first child is only fifteen years old but my uncle is already sponsoring two of his wife's relatives in the university. What would your husband have done in this case?
Re: Must Your Spouse Know Everything You Give Your Parent by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 19, 2012
preciousmee: Sometimes i am not comfortable when my husband insist on knowing everything I do for my family, I don't brother about his responsibilities towards his own family so I expect same from him. But most times he wants to know

I always belive couples should be open to each other towards these things. BUT if your husband nags about every little money you spen on your family, then for your own sanity, keep them to yourself!
Re: Must Your Spouse Know Everything You Give Your Parent by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 19, 2012
preciousmee: Sometimes i am not comfortable when my husband insist on knowing everything I do for my family, I don't brother about his responsibilities towards his own family so I expect same from him. But most times he wants to know
well if you are in a marriage in community of property it would be important you consult him and tell him when you decide to give your family a huge amount of money. if its little things like money for you little sister to do her hair then its not that important, but money for household expenses it would be best you give him a heads up.
Re: Must Your Spouse Know Everything You Give Your Parent by Gambrosia: 7:23pm On Jan 08, 2013
Wetin consain MGBEKE with VICTORIA'S SECRET? undecided
Re: Must Your Spouse Know Everything You Give Your Parent by nobniger: 11:09pm On Jan 12, 2013
Its not normal at all. Tell him to get a life
Re: Must Your Spouse Know Everything You Give Your Parent by djeezy(m): 10:04am On Jan 13, 2013
Your spouse must not know everything unless you took the money you are giving to your parents from him, because you will have to tell him the reason why you are taking the money. But if it's from your personal income, then you can decide whether or not to tell him or her. It is not obligatory to do so.
Re: Must Your Spouse Know Everything You Give Your Parent by mimima(f): 8:31am On Jan 14, 2013
See baby,if you tell him all,problems will come. Ask me why?i have the same issue.,If i tell him he will not approve it.And i stopped.I cannot abandon my family because i married him,so what i do now is to give them in secret.My dear do not tell him everything or he will stop you from giving them.And remember they are your parents.
Re: Must Your Spouse Know Everything You Give Your Parent by Gloriagee(f): 1:32pm On Jan 14, 2013
hopefully not.
Re: Must Your Spouse Know Everything You Give Your Parent by victorian(f): 2:09pm On Jan 14, 2013
Op, as long as the money is from your account and u also assist in some household budgets.... Then, no need to tell him how much , u give to yur parents... Or tell him a small figure.. Cause if u tell him the real amount, it will cause problems at home... U have to assist your parents in their old age... It's part of yur duty as their child.

(1) (Reply)

Should A Married Actress Wear Such Provócative Dress? – PHOTO / Wedding Test (adult's Only) / The Problem with Your Sex Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.