Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan (9351 Views)

Cultist Clash: 9 Students Shot Dead In Abia State University (ABSU) / No Cult Clash In YABATECH, Management Says / 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by Abuklaw(m): 10:13am On Oct 19, 2012
teniyi: In Islam, gambling is prohibited!
u must b a deluded fellow 4 dis post dat escape 4rm ur stinking buccal cavity.SMH 4 U.
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by sunrise4u: 10:16am On Oct 19, 2012
indeed Nigeria's future is very BRIGHT. Leaders of tomorrow i hail thee. Keep it up cos u learn from our law (breakers) makers.
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 19, 2012
That is just an argument, early 2000s secondary sch used to be tensed, beating of teachers, fighting with boyz of the community and so on.
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by hrhobi1(m): 11:15am On Oct 19, 2012
AHHH IBADAN DAT YEAR IBADAN GRAMMAR SCHOOL, GCI, IBADAN BOYS HIGH SCHOOL, EYINI GRAMMAR SCHOOL, METHODIST , ETC NA SWEET HISTORY
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by bashr8: 11:16am On Oct 19, 2012
wetin sec school students know ? and these are the leaders of tomorrow like they say , na wa oo
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by primzi: 11:32am On Oct 19, 2012
UP SCHOOL - UP SWANSTON HOUSE. Brings memories flooding back. Cant but remember the war between GCI and Ibadan boys high school (maybe 91 or 92).
femozy0311: Govty Boys, that is in them. They will never succumbed to any form of a ride from anybody. it's just unfortunately that great schools like GCI is now breeding bad products, though this is common among secondary schools from generation to generation. The fact remain that as long as the school, i.e.. Government College Ibadan, continue to be the one hosting Apata community high school, there will always be clashes between them. This is not the first time and I don't think it will be the last. Just because of claim for supremacy among them.
I could remember a scenario where some students of Apata community high school was walking while we are on the assembly ground reciting school song and national anthem, many years ago (23years), the act of those students cost
the whole of their school a serious beating and they were chased out of their school premises. And many of such clashes occurred that I witnessed..
That is GCI I used to know
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by oiseworld: 12:42pm On Oct 19, 2012
hrhobi1: AHHH IBADAN DAT YEAR IBADAN GRAMMAR SCHOOL, GCI, IBADAN BOYS HIGH SCHOOL, EYINI GRAMMAR SCHOOL, METHODIST , ETC NA SWEET HISTORY

man no be small tins den oohh. I remember these sch's u mentioned, they were bully schools. Beating one of them is like beating all. They go come find you for house ni.
Another then was ANWARU ISLAM at ELEYELE, man dat school na devil sch. Always fighting day in day out.
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by atiku07(m): 1:12pm On Oct 19, 2012
lol! up Grier house! grin grin grin grin jeez remember those days of senior "Remo" that guy popularly know as "omo iya aje" tongue tongue men there was a might then that when the battle field gets tough the guy turns into a ring and rolls into the bush. Did any GCI guys remember fighting with hockey stick with this said community high school boys back then. I also remember that radical Guidiance chancellor mr Oyewole lol. I know community High School must have initiated the fracas cause GCI boys are all about efisi and omo levels.
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by caye(m): 1:18pm On Oct 19, 2012
Let me describe the 2 schools for the readers : Government College is now almost devoid of discipline. Students are usually found walking about the streets during school hours. Apata Community is a school that is TOTALLY bereft of discipline;both students and teachers. The teachers come to school in the morning, sign and leave around 10. Meanwhile, the students play, climb fences and romance girls from other schools IN FULL GLARE OF THE ADMINISTRATORS (Principal and VPs). In short, the 2 schools are dead educational graves.
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by Yinkay: 2:08pm On Oct 19, 2012
Chai, GCI has turn to dust, a college that produced the likes of Omo Noba Nedo,Anthony Enahoro,Wole Soyinka,Abel Guobadia,Cyprian Ekwensi...etc
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 19, 2012
It used to be fatal in those days especially in the 80s'because there were old guys in scholl then. I remember when my school fought with Ibadan Boys High School in 1990, we beat and chased them all over our territory, they went and hired some alfa boys to fight with their juju. The fight last for weeks and that's how some of our mates then got their nicknames like Gira, Agbako, Alada, Oloye etc
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by salafiyy: 3:19pm On Oct 19, 2012
are these the aaclaimed leaders of tomorrow? To be sincere, nigeria has no future with these kind of children, the world generaly...
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by Redman44(m): 5:03pm On Oct 19, 2012
Common gambling grin grin grin grin
I'm just laughing. Back in the 90's in Ijebu-Ode, Secondary schools were always at war with themselves. Dangerous weapons were freely used with guys being wounded and beaten into pulp by their rivals from other schools. I remember my last year in secondary school when I was writing my SSCE Exams. The Principal of my school had to call in soldiers to stand guard because some of my mates had threatened to beat some teachers after the last paper. The soldiers placed themselves strategically all around the school compound, and even up to Lagos Garage in their bid to stop the madness that had been planned. I'm talking about Moslem Comprehensive High School in 1995. Memories cool cool cool!!.
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by juman(m): 7:04pm On Oct 19, 2012
femozy0311: Govty Boys, that is in them. They will never succumbed to any form of a ride from anybody. it's just unfortunately that great schools like GCI is now breeding bad products, though this is common among secondary schools from generation to generation. The fact remain that as long as the school, i.e.. Government College Ibadan, continue to be the one hosting Apata community high school, there will always be clashes between them. This is not the first time and I don't think it will be the last. Just because of claim for supremacy among them.
I could remember a scenario where some students of Apata community high school was walking while we are on the assembly ground reciting school song and national anthem, many years ago (23years), the act of those students cost
the whole of their school a serious beating and they were chased out of their school premises. And many of such clashes occurred that I witnessed..

Well secondary school boys sha. grin
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 19, 2012
atiku07: lol! up Grier house! grin grin grin grin jeez remember those days of senior "Remo" that guy popularly know as "omo iya aje" tongue tongue men there was a might then that when the battle field gets tough the guy turns into a ring and rolls into the bush. Did any GCI guys remember fighting with hockey stick with this said community high school boys back then. I also remember that radical Guidiance chancellor mr Oyewole lol. I know community High School must have initiated the fracas cause GCI boys are all about efisi and omo levels.
u be confirm college boy, up school!! i played hockey back then. i remember GCI/AFRO clash and GCI/COMMUNITY 3days fight..crazy boys back then.
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by simdam500(m): 8:37pm On Oct 19, 2012
*passin by but, Cant stop laughin*
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 19, 2012
ironically this week is the reunion of GCIOBA
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by azzima(m): 10:58pm On Oct 19, 2012
up schoolllll.gci 23yrs ago.I was there .the school that produced Oba of Benin, Wole soyinka etc.Shamu forever!!!
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by Ayatullah(m): 2:54am On Oct 20, 2012
Tribune at its highest folly again............why not show us the picture of the vandalized cars or that of teachers using cane to send students back to their classes, lazy reporters cooking up stories.
Re: Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan by femigeisha: 9:38am On Oct 20, 2012
Tru talk femozy,am proud to be a GCIOBA and d rivalry btw both schs don tey.To all hypocrite, Am not in support of violence but cast ur mind back to ur days in secondary school and remove d logg in ur eyez.oyinbo pikin sef dey carry gun go do Rambo 4 school.don't stop praying for Nigeria...to all GCIOBA in d house UP SCHOOL!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pretty Babcock University Student Risks Expulsion Over Viral Tiktok Video / SUMMARY - In Dependence By Sarah Ladipo Manyika [1] / Hensard University Foundation School Announces Sale Of Admission Forms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.