Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams (10067 Views)

NASFAT Members Desert Their Homes To Celebrate Sallah In IDP Camp At Durumi Dist / Lagos State Confiscates Sallah Rams / When Is Sallah Day In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams by globatop: 4:31pm On Oct 21, 2012
that is the reason why i hate Lord Lugard. the amalgamation of this country was a mistake that needs urgent correction. some one should just wake him to undo what he did wrongly

1 Like

Re: Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams by Jalal(m): 4:43pm On Oct 21, 2012
Buy ram, big big ram, obonge ram! Buy ram! I don hammer o! Ping 2314c3fj for pix nd prices gringringringringrin

2 Likes

Re: Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams by hugafella(m): 4:48pm On Oct 21, 2012
Someone tell me how we are going to develop at this rate...
Re: Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 21, 2012
GEJ did similar thing December 2010 but many MDAs did not pay their
staff that money. It was shared among the DGs, ministers and perm secs.
There is nothing wrong with that, by the way, there is nowhere in the
world u can have all the developments u can think about.
And 4 ur information, this same gov. sent over 500 of their young men and women on scholarships oversea to do postgraduate studies this September. What NDDC could not do after conducting fake interviews. If u tink Kano is backward, then have a re-tink
Re: Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 21, 2012
The post actually meant:

"Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Boko HaRAMS"
Re: Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams by DonEwexco(m): 5:26pm On Oct 21, 2012
I didnt understand;>......rams or arms?cheesy
mismanaging of puplic funds
Re: Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams by akintun: 5:46pm On Oct 21, 2012
D governor would most likely buy d rams from his farm, and make a profit of about one million dollars.
Re: Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams by AMvanquish: 5:51pm On Oct 21, 2012
Youngzedd:

Am speechless, the way they spend cash still yet there are the poorest and undeveloped.
Thank God for the Igbos in kano that made kano what it is today.

Those leaders need a sound education. What a mess.

Guy! Ur very funny.. Apart from owning car spare part shops in kano, please how did
Ur tribe develop kano. Kano as a merchant city even pre-dates Nigeria
Itself.pls Don't deviate thread with tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams by aybaba73yahoocouk(m): 6:17pm On Oct 21, 2012
if na ram be dia problem then d gov should spend d entire 2013 bugdet 2 buy more rams make them chop.
Re: Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams by Ijebulogic(m): 6:20pm On Oct 21, 2012
...and only N400m set aside for flood relief and emergency recovery?? Priorities.....

1 Like

Re: Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams by Mrchippychappy(m): 6:50pm On Oct 21, 2012
I just saw an article on thisday that states that 10,000 residents of Kano state lost their homes to the flood . Now think of how many temporary houses / camps this 1.7billion could have been used for , medicine , food for those who lost their homes etc . but oh well i guess in the mind of an average northerner a ram comes before a man. I'm lost on this one .
Re: Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams by Hadone(m): 7:02pm On Oct 21, 2012
EyesWideOpen:
no wahala go dey darling. U go just dey dia dey kill yaself, while Kano people dey enjoy demselves
WELL SAID.
Re: Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams by Moralistli(m): 7:06pm On Oct 21, 2012
Observing,,,,
Re: Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams by EyesWideOpen(m): 7:49pm On Oct 21, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
I just saw an article on thisday that states that 10,000 residents of Kano state lost their homes to the flood . Now think of how many temporary houses / camps this 1.7billion could have been used for , medicine, food for those who lost their homes etc . but oh well i guess in the mind of an average northerner a ram comes before a man. I'm lost on this one .
Hmmm, na so ur LIE take reach? Which Kano do you mean here? Oh Gawd! Una no go kill me wit laf. E truly badu belle for una. Lolzzz
Except if maybe you meant the flood of last year which to my knowledge had been well taken care of (but how wud you know, wen you're dumb enof to rely on a media outlet that only reports sensational news like '10000 displaced by flood in Kano' for info)
GOOD THINGS are happenin in Kano.
Re: Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams by seunfly: 8:23pm On Oct 21, 2012
I don't know which kind of country is my dear Nigeria, always misplace prirority, that money could build road, standard hospital, better schools, susidize agricultural product or build some estate for kano citizen. Just like in march when sokoto anounced to spend some million dollars to sponsor contingent to middleeast to compete in quranic competition. Well Sanusi and others can you see the real cause of Boko Haram instead of saying they need more money.
Re: Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams by eghost247(m): 8:26pm On Oct 21, 2012
lol
Re: Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams by Mrchippychappy(m): 8:27pm On Oct 21, 2012
EyesWideOpen:
Hmmm, na so ur LIE take reach? Which Kano do you mean here? Oh Gawd! Una no go kill me wit laf. E truly badu belle for una. Lolzzz
Except if maybe you meant the flood of last year which to my knowledge had been well taken care of (but how wud you know, wen you're dumb enof to rely on a media outlet that only reports sensational news like '10000 displaced by flood in Kano' for info)
GOOD THINGS are happenin in Kano.

Some links for you to read :

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/flooding-leaves-10-000-homeless-in-kano/124900/

Flood waters have rendered over 10,000 persons homeless in Warawa Local Government Area of Kano State.

The flooding, which occurred on Wednesday night, also washed away several animals and destroyed farmland worth millions of Naira.

The Information Officer of the local government, Alhaji Baba Da’u confirmed the development to reporters in Kano on Thursday.

He said the flooding followed an over flow from the Kano River which passes through Wudil Local Government Area up to Hadeja Local Government in Jigawa State.

According to him the villages affected are Gishiri Wuya, Katarkawa, Wanbanto, Larabar-Gadon Sarki and Garin Dau.

The information officer said the victims were now taking refuge in Limamawa, Larabar Sarki Primary School and the offices of the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development in Warawa Local Government.

He said the secretary of the state Emergency Relief and Rehabilitation Agency, Alhaji Abubakar Jibrin had since paid a sympathy visit to the victims.

"The secretary has assured the victims that the state government would come to their aid," he added.

http://www.galaxytvonline.com/news/main-news/kano-state-mtn-donate-relief-materials-to-displaced-flood-victims

Kano State: MTN Donate Relief Materials To Displaced Flood Victims

Posted: Thu, 27th Sep 2012 by Emmanuel Udeagha

Kano State Government received various form of relief materials worth millions of naira from MTN Communication Company to assist the flood victims of Warawa Local Government Area of the State.

The materials which include 500 mattresses, 500 Bed sheets and Pillow each, 200 Tower cooking pots and 200 Kerosene stove, Galaxy News learnt.

The flood which affected many villages in the Local Government of Kano include Gishiri wuya, Sabon Gari Ladi, Laraban Zango and many other villages.

Receiving the materials from the regional manager of the company, Alhaji Aliyu Musa who delivered the items to the Kano State Governor, Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso at the Government House on Wednesday.

In his remark, The Governor thank the company for the gesture and assured them a judicious use of the material to cushion the hardship and urged the worthily individuals and cooperate organisation to follow suit.

In his remark Aliyu said that they presented the materials to complement the effort of the State Government to improve the well being of the citizenry in the state and Nigeria as a whole.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/timeline-of-recent-flood-incidents-in-nigeria/

* Floods in Kano State which swept through nine local governments on August 28, 2012, claimed 15 lives. Those local governments are Bagwai, Bebeji, Gabasawa, Garun Malam, Karaye, Nassarawa and Sumaila.

*Over 1500 residents in Kano state fled their homes when it was submerged by flood when Tiga Dam overflowed its bank on the 15th of September 2012.

http://sardaunamagazine.com/index.php/component/k2/item/925-kano-pledges-immediate-relief-for-flood-victims

Kano State government has pledged to provide immediate relief materials to alleviate the sufferings of victims of flood disasters across the state.

The Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Dr. Rabi’u Bichi, gave this assurance when he paid a sympathy visit to the District Head of Bichi, Idris Bayero, and the entire people of the area over the unfortunate incidence.

Dr. Bichi expressed government’s concern over the incidence caused by heavy downpour affecting many residences, households, farmlands and personal belongings.

The SSG directed Bichi Local Government to set up a committee to ascertain the extent of damage and those affected for government’s prompt attention.

On his part, the District Head of Bichi and Barden Kano, Alhaji Idris Baayero, commended the state government for its prompt response to the plight of the people, especially those affected by the havoc.

He, however, appealed to his subjects to ensure that whatever relief materials provided by the government are judiciously distributed to the victims, adding that they should fear Allah in their submission to the committee.

Earlier, the Interim Management Officer of Bichi Local Government, Alhaji Abdul-Aziz Aliyu Kachako, said the flood had wreaked havoc in many houses and destroyed property worth millions of Naira in the area.

In their separate remarks, some of the victims expressed gratitude to the Kwankwaso Administration for the assistance extended to them since the disaster struck in early August this year.

[size=15pt]There you have it . You can't deny the fact that using 1.7billion for rams instead of tending to the needs of HUMANS is just irresponsible .

In some certain tribe / Religion : Animals > Humans and its just sad ![/size]
Re: Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams by Mujitapha(m): 8:48pm On Oct 21, 2012
Allah ya kaimu SALLAH muci naman RAGO.
Re: Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams by Beync(f): 8:48pm On Oct 21, 2012
I hope this doesn't affect the already escalated price of G commodity, I don't give a damn about the cost boko rams.
Re: Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams by klax(m): 9:02pm On Oct 21, 2012
This exactely what I have be saying how in a living heaven a state spend such huge money just to kill Ram please how does this sound is their any sense in this?? I guess No and this same people will come out and say Oh Fed Govt. marginalizing us, No Employment, No good Road, No this No that we will fight and this same people are spending billions on Ram please where is religion taken us to? Does religion loosing common sense? In abject poverty spending billions on Ram and some children are still studying under trees in the rural area, joblessness everywhere, Almanjiri every place etc God have mercy on these people.
Re: Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams by Beync(f): 9:22pm On Oct 21, 2012
klax: This exactely what I have be saying how in a living heaven a state spend such huge money just to kill Ram please how does this sound is their any sense in this?? I guess No and this same people will come out and say Oh Fed Govt. marginalizing us, No Employment, No good Road, No this No that we will fight and this same people are spending billions on Ram please where is religion taken us to? Does religion loosing common sense? In abject poverty spending billions on Ram and some children are still studying under trees in the rural area, joblessness everywhere, Almanjiri every place etc God have mercy on these people.
cool down, those things are not their priorities, ram is.

1 Like

Re: Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams by dammytosh: 9:25pm On Oct 21, 2012
globatop: that is the reason why i hate Lord Lugard. the amalgamation of this country was a mistake that needs urgent correction. some one should just wake him to undo what he did wrongly

My brother you just echoed my sentiment.

RAM ALLOWANCE ?

Education is really Evil Walahai.
Re: Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams by digospel2: 9:44pm On Oct 21, 2012
Kano Christians, expect your own 1.7billion for xmas cows
Re: Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams by EyesWideOpen(m): 9:55pm On Oct 21, 2012
Mr.chippychappy
And I blv you've followed the developments thereafter, or maybe you just sat there shaking your head.
I think it's clearly spelt out in most if not all the pieces that
the government has pledged to aid them
I'm sure they since have.
You don't suppose a goverment that's willing to spend a whopping 1b on Rams would ignore its ppl's plight, do you? NOT IN KANO!
I repeat, GOOD THINGS are happening in Kano.
Re: Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams by EyesWideOpen(m): 10:00pm On Oct 21, 2012
digospel2: Kano Christians, expect your own 1.7billion for xmas cows
I don't suppose they give Sallah allowance to the few Muslims in ur state, do they?
Stop showing your CRASS STUPIDITY pls.
Re: Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 21, 2012
bunch of illiterate men,see their mentality.
Re: Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams by odoguigbo: 11:54pm On Oct 21, 2012
Ehehehi.... Make una watch before una go eat am o, this na Gboko poison o; they get plenty tactice wey them wan use to wipe all the whole nation o!
Re: Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams by gsalvatore: 12:32am On Oct 22, 2012
Na wa ooOh... Na ram dey want,make dem see ram chop. Money wey dem go carry package almajiris for school na to Chop ram.

Na why I like the Northern Elite...Don't teach them how to fish, keep giving them fish. No need showing them the light,jst control their stomach and they will love you for it.

*press the play button to the movie LOOPERS*
*sips redbull*
#next!!!!!
Re: Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams by bigpastor(m): 12:43am On Oct 22, 2012
obadiah777: 7 MILLION POUNDS TO BUY RAMS ? ? ?
What a colossal waste!!!!!!!!!!!!
Was that in the budget? And if so who approved it?
Re: Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams by EyesWideOpen(m): 12:52am On Oct 22, 2012
Nayoanalytical: bunch of illiterate men,see their mentality.
watch ur tongue young man.
Re: Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams by Billygee2u: 4:12am On Oct 22, 2012
Can the whole northern illitrate elites see from their noses not from their eyes again, becacause, their eyes are blind and their ears blocked, that "they are the most crazy fools on earth".
Tomorrow,the useless so called leaders of the north will be crying that, federal Government is marginalizing them and that poverty is the root cause of BOKO HARAM,Who caused poverty in the north,if not looters and foolish rulers they have in the north like this useless governor of KANO STATE,who is doing this uncalled for display of shame, to humiliate CHRISTIANS in the north.
7 million pounds is is 7 naira?
Now, I can see the reason why the norther leaders or rulers behave like RAM,is because all their life time is dealing and worshiping RAM.
Re: Kano Releases N1.7Billion For Sallah Rams by EyesWideOpen(m): 4:36am On Oct 22, 2012
^^^ see ur lyf, busy disparaging som1 where you believe you've superior knowledge of their problems.
Pls channell that energy into something of benefit to you. While you're here disparaging the Governor, he'll be there sleeping in peace in the knowledge that the people of his state are happy. #KanoPeopleSayHeShouldRideOn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

15 Anti-corruption Hadiths / What Happens If The One Praying Behind An Imam Says The Tasleem Before Him? / Islamic Finance Is Becoming So Attractive That Even Non-muslims Want In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.