Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,693 members, 7,809,619 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

When Is Sallah Day In Nigeria? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / When Is Sallah Day In Nigeria? (48302 Views)

JNI Declared Wednesday Eid IL Kabir (sallah) Day / Live Updates Of Our Sallah Day. Every Muslim Is Welcome / 7 KIlled In Sallah Day Accident On Bauchi Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is Sallah Day In Nigeria? by muhsin(m): 11:19am On Dec 05, 2008
Assalamu alaikum,

Although I know, according to our calender, Sallah day would fall on next Sunday. Yet, due to its being Arafaat day and because of the fasting, which has tremendous reward, there is talks, romours and almost hubbub on when should it be? Some say: why not Monday? While others say they will stick to calender and so on.

Please, I want to hear from my brothers and sisters of this very great forum, when are we celebrating it, in actual?

Still, there is romours that council of ulamaa have postponed it to (that) Monday. Any genuine info.?

Thanks
Re: When Is Sallah Day In Nigeria? by arramyjay: 11:45am On Dec 05, 2008
I dont know about Nigeria but all over the world it is 8th and 9th of dec.

Happy celebration to you.
Re: When Is Sallah Day In Nigeria? by muhsin(m): 12:09pm On Dec 06, 2008
Thanks, arramyjay.

We are celebrating it tomorrow, i.e 7th Dec, I think down here. Don't you think that is wrong?

Happy Eid-el-Kabr to you, too!
Re: When Is Sallah Day In Nigeria? by arramyjay: 12:57pm On Dec 06, 2008
Oh that is nice happy Eid-el-kabir to you.

(1) (Reply)

Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? / Bandits Kill Imam In Bangi Niger State For Refusing To Break His Fast With Water / Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.