Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Michelle Obama - Role Model To All Black Woman - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Michelle Obama - Role Model To All Black Woman (975 Views)

Michelle Obama Wants To Divorce Barack Obama - National Enquirer / Iranian News Censors Michelle Obama’s Oscar Gown / Michelle Obama's Speech At DNC2012: Democratic National Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Michelle Obama - Role Model To All Black Woman by cap28: 9:26pm On Oct 20, 2012
michelle is the kind of woman that any educated man would long to have as a wife, check out her speech during the democratic national convention. Obama is a very lucky man as this woman can hold her own anytime any day, a woman to be proud of and a fantastic role model to black women all over the world.

I dont agree with her husband's policies but i respect and admire his wife:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTPdKUA9Ipg

1 Like

Re: Michelle Obama - Role Model To All Black Woman by Caseless: 10:56pm On Oct 20, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]Role model to all black women? Ok, if u say so. I know she's good, but cant rank her as a role model to all black women based on a speech.
Re: Michelle Obama - Role Model To All Black Woman by cap28: 11:38pm On Oct 20, 2012
Michelle is the epitome of humility and good upbringing, she has never forgotten where she came from, she comports hereself with grace and embraces people who are from the lower rungs of society, this is how you know an educated and refined person, despite her ivy league education she has not forgotten the grass roots where she came from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ingj_rqfObk&feature=related
Re: Michelle Obama - Role Model To All Black Woman by igbo2011(m): 8:15pm On Oct 21, 2012
I don't like her husband but the thing is just because she Is educated at harvard those that mean shee gets educated for black people? Does harvard educate to benefit all blaclkl people or educated to seerve the elite. Harvard will teach her thaat Africans are the most inferior people on the planet.

You said she didn't forget where she came from. My question is what exactly did she or does she do for the black community?
Re: Michelle Obama - Role Model To All Black Woman by cap28: 11:52am On Nov 10, 2012
igbo2011: I don't like her husband but the thing is just because she Is educated at harvard those that mean shee gets educated for black people? Does harvard educate to benefit all blaclkl people or educated to seerve the elite. Harvard will teach her thaat Africans are the most inferior people on the planet.

You said she didn't forget where she came from. My question is what exactly did she or does she do for the black community?

No it doesnt mean that she is educated for black people, beleive me i am not even a lover of the ivy league colleges in the western world because as you correctly stated they educate blacks to look down on their own people, with Michelle Obama however she comes across (and this is just my opinion, i may be wrong) as humble, genuine and sincere DESPITE being educated in those racist colleges

I think what she has done for black people and in particular black women in america is restore their self esteem - she has made it possible for black american women with brown skins to feel that they are not just welfare queens, loud mouthed and ignorant but intelligent career women who are capable of marrying educated black men on the same level as themselves and that to be a successful black woman you dont have to look like a mixed race woman. The white corporate media defines what a successful black woman should look like and majority of the time the person does not look like Michelle Obama.

(1) (Reply)

EBOLA_ Patient Escapes Quarantine In Liberia And Roams Around Market For Food / Mugabe’s Wife Plans To Take Over Power / Kerry: We Could Have Shot Down The Russian Jet That Buzzed A US Destroyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.