Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

10 Ways To Advance In Faith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Ways To Advance In Faith (958 Views)

10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know / 10 Ways To Spot Womanizers In The Church / Is A Book Sufficient Enough To Guide Millions In Faith? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Ways To Advance In Faith by yommyuk: 12:36pm On Oct 21, 2012
1.FACING AND OVERCOMING ADVERSITY AND TRIALS: God looks at each person’s life and designs trials to achieve His purposes. God knows exactly how to strengthen you spiritually. Also, He will use and bless you in proportion to your faith.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.

2 Corinthians 4:17
For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.

2.UNDERSTANDING THE NATURE OF GOD: The Father wants His children to know Him better. We must comprehend that He is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient as well as holy, righteous, merciful, and kind. As you come to understand the totality of the God who reveals Himself through His creations and Word, your faith will grow.

Jeremiah 29:13,
“You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.”

Psalm 27:8, NLT
“My heart has heard You say, ‘Come and talk with Me.’ And my heart responds, ‘LORD, I am coming.’”

3.MEDITATING UPON HIS WORD: The Bible is the Word of God, the very fuel of our faith. If we want to know what God thinks, how He acts, and what He can and will do, the Bible is the place for answers. Daily meditation on it allows the Father to reach our minds and hearts, protect us, and provide for our needs..

Psalm 119:105
“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.”

Matthew 4:4
““It is written, “‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

4.APPLYING THE PRINCIPLES OF HIS WORD: We cannot expect to grow if we do not apply the Bible’s principles. If we follow His will, God will enable us to succeed. He honors our willingness to follow Him, and our faith grows because we can see the evidence of His hand working in our lives.

Joshua 1:8
“This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.”

5.OBSERVING HIS WORK IN THE LIVE OF OTHERS: God will put certain people in our lives to influence and challenge us. Watching their actions and hearing their testimonies can help our faith mature.

Acts 17:11
“Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.”

6.OBSERVING THE WAYS OF GOD: At times, God allows hardships to help us learn dependence. Other times, He is silent in order to develop patience. Also, He uses seemingly inconvenient situations or people who seem unfit for His purposes to accomplish what He desires. Knowing all the ways in which God works will broaden your faith.

Isaiah 55:8-9
“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you can imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.”

7.OBEYING THE WILL OF GOD. Obeying God and leaving all the consequences to Him is the perfection of faith. The willingness to do what He asks is the greatest example of obedience, and it brings the ultimate blessing because it honors and pleases God.#

James 1:22
“But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.”

8.RECEIVING ANSWERS TO PRAYER: We should pray with expectation, confidence, and boldness that our heavenly Father will provide everything we need. Much like a father who promises to catch his child when he leaps into a pool, God wants us to trust Him and “jump” in faith. He’ll catch us every time.

Mark 11:22
“And Jesus answered them, “Have faith in God.”

Mark 11:24
“Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.”

Romans 15:13
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope”

John 6:29
“Jesus answered them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.”

9.WORSHIPPING GOD: When we sing, whether in church or by ourselves, we are making a public profession. We’re saying we believe in God’s power and greatness. We’re confessing what we believe and receiving a blessing at the same time.

Exodus 20:3
“You shall have no other gods before me.”

Colossians 1:16-17
“For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.”

10.CONFESS YOUR SINS AND MAKE A TURNAROUND: We can’t fool God; He knows when we’ve made a mistake or failed Him in some way. The only thing we must do is confess it immediately. Then, recommit ourselves to live according to His will and learn from our errors.

Psalm 51:2-3
“Wash me clean from my guilt. Purify me from my sin. For I recognize my rebellion, it haunts me day and night.”

Psalm 51:12-13
“Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you. Then I will teach your ways to rebels, and they will return to you”

CONCLUSION
On this note I will rest my case. Now we know what to do to grow in faith. And it is up to us to apply them and teach the “REBELS” (those who are in darkness, the lost ones, those who don’t or don’t want to know Christ), the narrow way that leads to eternal joy and salvation. We will never know what our potential is unless we are willing to “walk on water,” to step out and trust God in faith. Whatever your situation or circumstance, God can transform your life and help you advance spiritually if you’re ready to call on Him.
What are you waiting for? Take that first step on the water NOW!!!
God bless
wink
Re: 10 Ways To Advance In Faith by yommyuk: 1:01pm On Oct 21, 2012
wink

(1) (Reply)

Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Thursday 13th June, 2013 Following Fashion Or Christ? / Nasa Finds Message From God On Mars / How Lazarus Mouka Persecuted Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.