Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Can Someone Be Born Again, Yet Not Be Rapturable? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Someone Be Born Again, Yet Not Be Rapturable? (2568 Views)

Rapturable? / Are You Rapturable? / Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Be Born Again, Yet Not Be Rapturable? by idugbe(m): 9:27am On Oct 22, 2012
This thought has been bothering my mind for sometime now, especially since I heard the confession of a man who claimed to have had a revelation of Heaven and hell.
Can someone who is born again still not be qualified for the rapture? Does the scripture support this?
Re: Can Someone Be Born Again, Yet Not Be Rapturable? by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 22, 2012
Ask your holy spirit nah. Whats he there for?
Re: Can Someone Be Born Again, Yet Not Be Rapturable? by CrazyMan(m): 12:31pm On Oct 22, 2012
First I would ask...what does it mean to be a born again Christian?

The passage from the Bible that answers this question is John 3:1-21. The Lord Jesus Christ is talking to Nicodemus, a prominent Pharisee and member of the Sanhedrin (a ruler of the Jews). Nicodemus had come to Jesus at night. Nicodemus had questions to ask Jesus.

As Jesus talked with Nicodemus, He said, “’I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.’ ‘How can a man be born when he is old?’ Nicodemus asked. ‘Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb to be born!’ Jesus answered, ‘I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.

Also being born again means to be dead to sin (romans 6:11)

Now to your question...from the conversation between Jesus and Nicodemus, its impossible for a born again christian to miss the rapture. Why you may ask....because he's been born by the spirit.

And from the second passage (romans 6:11) Spiritually dead can simply defined as someone whose living without the Holy Spirit.

So therefore if the reverse is the case, the it would be impossible for you to miss heaven. (Because you would be alive in the spirit)

I shall therefore conclude thus...no born again christian that has confessed Jesus as his lord and saviour, and has the holy spirit as guidance can miss heaven.

I hope I answered your question.

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Be Born Again, Yet Not Be Rapturable? by idugbe(m): 7:06am On Oct 23, 2012
Thanks for the info, God bless you.
Re: Can Someone Be Born Again, Yet Not Be Rapturable? by CrazyMan(m): 7:45am On Oct 23, 2012
idugbe: Thanks for the info, God bless you.
You're welcomed.

(1) (Reply)

Five Things You Didn't Know About Jesus / You Stand Permanently In The Favour Of God As A Believer - Joseph Prince / Being Good Without God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.