Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,173 members, 7,815,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents (17355 Views)

$3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG / Why Femi Falana Was Not Made A Minister - Sahara Reporters / Falana Threatens To Sue FG Over NNPC Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by semid4lyfe(m): 6:18pm On Oct 22, 2012
Lagos lawyer and human rights activist, Mr Femi Falana (SAN), has threatened a legal action against the Dangote Group of Companies, owned by the billionaire business mogul, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, over alleged infringement on peoples’ rights.

While Falana disclosed that Dangote’s companies would be sued for the alleged killings of innocent Nigerians in various accidents across the country, he added that oil companies would be sued for not paying compensations to some communities where they operate.

Addressing journalists in his home town, Ilawe-Ekiti in Ekiti State at the weekend, Falana expressed disappointment on how the Dangote’s trucks have been killing innocent Nigerians on the highways without a challenge from the Federal Government.

He frowned at the way the company would deny the families of the victims adequate compensations, after killing their bread winners, describing it as a flagrant abuse of the peoples’ rights.

“It is no gain saying that Dangote companies have killed many innocent Nigerians across the country in one accident or the other.

I don’t have any grudge against any company plying its trade in Nigeria, but you cannot kill any human being and go scot free without paying compensations,” he said.

“We have received series of complaints from Nigerians about how their families are being cheated by some of these companies after their beloved ones had been killed.

“We will no longer tolerate this and steps must be taken to ensure that such families are compensated,” Falana said.

He said a team of lawyers, headed by himself and former President of Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Mr. Olisa Agbakoba (SAN) is currently fine-tuning arrangements on these barrage of litigations , which he said were intended to correct some perceived social-ills in the country.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=46646

4 Likes

Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 22, 2012
Executive Joblessness

Is it Dangote that is driving the trucks?
Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by Foxybone(m): 6:29pm On Oct 22, 2012
Third time I am coming 2nd... Yeeepeeeee..... grin grin grin grin grin

**Dances azonto and remixed etighi**

Lemme recount an experience.....

Last week wednesday, I nearly got involved in a fatal accident... **Reason** Our stupid drive attempted to cross the road when a dangote truck was coming... It was not funny at all.... So, put 2 and 2 together and you will discover that, most time, the drivers of smaller cars are always at fault...

Case Closed.... grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by Iaz93: 6:30pm On Oct 22, 2012
*Yawwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnsssssss* hmmm... Femi Falana... U want to sue a Billionaire's company In nigeria? In a nigerian court? Headed by a nigerian judge??
Money would speak...
NEXT!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by Okijajuju1(m): 6:30pm On Oct 22, 2012
As soon as they made this Yoruba man SAN, I knew that there was trouble ..

Jobless otimpku..

This man would one day sue himself out of confusion ..

11 Likes

Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by sylve11: 6:32pm On Oct 22, 2012
Ok, what is dangote gonna do now? Should he starts crying? Ehm, as for the oil companies I see nothing wrong if they are sued. cool

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by Siga: 6:32pm On Oct 22, 2012
What about other truck owners....what is good for the goose is also good for the gander....BTW...wat the hell is a Gander sef... grin...Oil companies must pay for sure...

2 Likes

Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by Jambsupport(f): 6:34pm On Oct 22, 2012
he needs money. lik we dont knw wot he z fightin 4 SMH
Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by ballabriggs: 6:35pm On Oct 22, 2012
Nigeria is in trouble. With the way the people think, I pity the country.

That Dangote operates a haulage business that has been involved in so many road accidents shows extreme disregard for health and safety. No properly run organisation will want to be seen as disregarding health and safety of the environment that it operates in.

Well this is Nigeria where anything goes or how else will you explain Dangote groups seeming silence over this issue. It shows they have no value for the lives of people. They are only out to sell their cement and that horrible spaghetti to you all.

People cannot put their trucks on the roads and continue to kill people. You all have to ask questions, to what extent do they comply with health and safety regulations? It is only right that you do.

28 Likes

Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by babaowo: 6:35pm On Oct 22, 2012
Okija_juju: As soon as they made this Yoruba man SAN, I knew that there was trouble ..

Jobless otimpku..

do you have any SAN in your family huh

17 Likes

Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by alaoeri: 6:35pm On Oct 22, 2012
Only suing the money bags where was he during Aluu murder & Mubi massacre sagas? bleeping c unt, human right activist indeed.

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by juman(m): 6:35pm On Oct 22, 2012
Chief Femi Falana and other lawyers should be praised.

That's a step by Chief Femi Falana and other lawyers to make nigeria a better country.

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by babaowo: 6:38pm On Oct 22, 2012
juman: Chief Femi Falana and other lawyers should be praised.

thank you jare, you get sense pass some jew here

5 Likes

Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by UncleJJ(m): 6:39pm On Oct 22, 2012
Iaz93: *Yawwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnsssssss* hmmm... Femi Falana... U want to sue a Billionaire's company In nigeria? In a nigerian court? Headed by a nigerian judge??
Money would speak...
NEXT!!!!!!!!!

Reference: Apple vs Samsung

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by ogsmith: 6:40pm On Oct 22, 2012
Wo, this doesn't make sense. So wld he want to sue NBC for accidents involving coke trucks.
Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by ubong560(m): 6:41pm On Oct 22, 2012
feature11: Executive Joblessness

feature11: Executive Joblessness

[quote author=feature11]Executive Joblessness

Is it Dangote that is driving the trucks?[u must b very unreasonable 4 makng such a silly statement. If ur blood happens 2b a victim, would u av said dat? B fair 2 people pls]

4 Likes

Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by slap1(m): 6:42pm On Oct 22, 2012
Foxybone: Third time I am coming 2nd... Yeeepeeeee..... grin grin grin grin grin

**Dances azonto and remixed etighi**

Lemme recount an experience.....

Last week wednesday, I nearly got involved in a fatal accident... **Reason** Our stupid drive attempted to cross the road when a dangote truck was coming... It was not funny at all.... So, put 2 and 2 together and you will discover that, most time, the drivers of smaller cars are always at fault...

Case Closed.... grin grin grin grin
Of your achievements today, this comes tops? Nsogbu di.

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 22, 2012
Okija_juju: As soon as they made this [b]Yoruba man SAN, I knew that there was trouble ..

Jobless otimpku..

This man would one day sue himself out of confusion .. [/b]

Must you tribalise every issue?? Let's grow up in this country.

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by ubong560(m): 6:51pm On Oct 22, 2012
It's nt a bad decisn at all if dat's how we can tap som reasonable money frm dis persons/organizatns. Y would dangote claim d whole world and yet nigerians ar dying in hunger. Abeg go ahead and sue dem. Bt it's always difficult 2 win a lion wit six legs in d nigerian court. Remember wat happened btw Comandclem vs Mobil Oil -till today.
Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by olivertwist: 6:51pm On Oct 22, 2012
shocked shocked shocked cry cry cry Is there any hope for this once great country called Nigeria with the way some of her future leaders think? Or am I missing something? Are these people really Nigerians? Are these people human beings or aliens? undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed angry angry angry

A journey of a thousand miles they say, begins with a single step. A step in the right direction...SMH

3 Likes

Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by otokx(m): 6:52pm On Oct 22, 2012
Interesting
Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by danduchi(m): 6:53pm On Oct 22, 2012
semid4lyfe: Lagos lawyer and human rights activist, Mr Femi Falana (SAN), has threatened a legal action against the Dangote Group of Companies, owned by the billionaire business mogul, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, over alleged infringement on peoples’ rights.

While Falana disclosed that Dangote’s companies would be sued for the alleged killings of innocent Nigerians in various accidents across the country, he added that oil companies would be sued for not paying compensations to some communities where they operate.

Addressing journalists in his home town, Ilawe-Ekiti in Ekiti State at the weekend, Falana expressed disappointment on how the Dangote’s trucks have been killing innocent Nigerians on the highways without a challenge from the Federal Government.

He frowned at the way the company would deny the families of the victims adequate compensations, after killing their bread winners, describing it as a flagrant abuse of the peoples’ rights.

“It is no gain saying that Dangote companies have killed many innocent Nigerians across the country in one accident or the other.

I don’t have any grudge against any company plying its trade in Nigeria, but you cannot kill any human being and go scot free without paying compensations,” he said.

“We have received series of complaints from Nigerians about how their families are being cheated by some of these companies after their beloved ones had been killed.

“We will no longer tolerate this and steps must be taken to ensure that such families are compensated,” Falana said.

He said a team of lawyers, headed by himself and former President of Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Mr. Olisa Agbakoba (SAN) is currently fine-tuning arrangements on these barrage of litigations , which he said were intended to correct some perceived social-ills in the country.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=46646
Bar.Falana is right.These truck drivers kill people like animals and they get heavily rewarded after escaping.

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by KINGwax(m): 6:55pm On Oct 22, 2012
Okija_juju: As soon as they made this Yoruba man SAN, I knew that there was trouble ..

Jobless otimpku..

seriously, when people drop complains on your table and u as a lawyer, u try to make the company reason by compensating the families involved but she refused. Tell me, will u shut your fucck up and lay off the poor families who has thought u are a willing lawyer and give frivolous excuses?
Why will people jes reason out of common sense and talk trash?
People wanted him to help, will it be a sin to do so? Judging it's even the right thing for him.
We all knw some small lawyer won't want to take up the case. Guy, wetin?
Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by bayulll01(m): 6:59pm On Oct 22, 2012
now i see our problem is not ged,our problem is we the citizen God help us

2 Likes

Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 22, 2012
ubong560: [color=#990000][/color]

Dearie, we should stop being sentimental about sensitive issues like this. In the actual fact, if Femi Falana had said he wanted to prosecute the drivers of the trucks, it would have been acceptable.

Is it only Dangote trucks that cause accidents on our roads? What of the ones caused by bad roads, big potholes and the likes? Is Femi Falana ready to sue the government for that?

As far as I am concerned, in this nation today, it is only God that can protect us. No government, No Femi Falana's sue threats can save us from danger. It is well.
Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by olivertwist: 7:08pm On Oct 22, 2012
alaoeri: Only suing the money bags where was he during Aluu murder & Mubi massacre sagas? bleeping c unt, human right activist indeed.

Please kindly tell us who you want Falana to sue in aluu and Mubi? The killers that have been arrested by the police in Aluu or the faceless terrorists in Mubi? My friend, you don't have to answer the questions if you are less than 10 years old. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 22, 2012
Silly ingrates..money has blinded your eyes that you can't even see when trouble looms or should I say poverty. Learn to appreciate the little efforts of the brave few instead of criticising negatively always. Falana I dey your side jare!

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by ajanaku2(m): 7:09pm On Oct 22, 2012

Jobless otimpku..

Who's this dull-witted, imprudent, Obtuse Oloshi? I'm extremely sure that No one in your entire extended Household and Village is a SAN...Jobless Chump calling Falana jobless...

2 Likes

Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by courage89(m): 7:11pm On Oct 22, 2012
If we continue to reason along the line of thinking proposed by majority of commenters on this forum, im sorry for our future as Nigerians. Whats wrong in suing a company that fails to discharge on its corporate, social and moral responsibilities? If a company fail to train its workforce properly, or fail to recruit the right professionals on how to discharge its corporate responsibility, which later results in additional liability to the company. Why should they not be sued?

Why is it that majority of Nigerians are so quick to kill the messanger, and let go the message? Would we be making the same comments if "God Forbid" our family members were victims who Falana and other lawyers are supporting?

In my opinion, this is a commendable act of social justice and should be supported. We need more of this type of initiative to force our corporate bodies to consistently do the right thing.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by vislabraye(m): 7:11pm On Oct 22, 2012
Now that Dangote is employing graduate truck drivers we can expect safer driving.

Btw. Hope there's enough evidence to nail these companies.

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 22, 2012
ajanaku2:

Who's this dull-witted, imprudent, Obtuse Oloshi? I'm extremely sure that No one in your entire extended Household and Village is a SAN...Jobless Chump calling Falana jobless...
No mind the okija nit-wit..ode dudu
Re: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents by MadCow1: 7:13pm On Oct 22, 2012
babaowo: do you have any SAN in your family huh

SAN must be a very big deal in Yoruba land..

I wonder what Falana would do if he is made a supreme court judge!! Prolly sentence the F.G to death by hanging..

Make una go hold una brother hand o!! E crase go soon enter market..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Group Of Imolites Protests Against Jega / President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom / "Do I Look Like I Depend On Governmen"' - Dele Momodu Replies Troll On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.