Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,457 members, 7,954,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:29 AM

Are You HIV Positive? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Are You HIV Positive? (811 Views)

19,396 Test HIV Positive In Niger State – Perm Sec / 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt / How Will I Know If Am Not Hiv Positive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You HIV Positive? by Abujafood: 7:18pm On Oct 22, 2012
Don't be shy, say yes or no. If you don't know your status, go and do a test then come back and say yes or no!

As for me, I'm HIV negative. Nothing to hide!
Re: Are You HIV Positive? by Nobody: 12:50am On Oct 23, 2012
No I am not (TG!!)
nor do i know of anyone who is..but i will tell you what,
AIDS/HIV does not automatically mean a "death sentence".
Only a fool would stigmatize or scorn those infected unjustly.

With that said,
I don't care for someone to announce their status on NL though.
I think that is private information.
Re: Are You HIV Positive? by Nobody: 1:09am On Oct 23, 2012
what a question LOL grin
No I'm not but I don't put people with HIV down smiley
no one is perfect we make mistakes...
Re: Are You HIV Positive? by Abujafood: 9:02am On Oct 23, 2012
@*kails* and linda_1

Absolutely it's not the virus that kills but the stigmatization itself. People who stigmatize and discriminate against HIV positive folks are largely responsible for the spread of the infection and untimely deaths of many!

Thanks for your feedback so far!

1 Like

Re: Are You HIV Positive? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2012
Abujafood: @*kails* and linda_1

Absolutely it's not the virus that kills but the stigmatization itself. People who stigmatize and discriminate against HIV positive folks are largely responsible for the spread of the infection and untimely deaths of many!

Thanks for your feedback so far!

Exactly because those infected are too ashamed to admit the fact. So they go on with their lives as if nothing happened. The scary thing is that there is no way for one to "look like" they have aids, so anyone can be infected. I wish we lived in a world where one could be open without fearing being ostrasized but its not the case. Hence my saying it should be private on nl as many nlders are not exactly the most compassionate ppl. tongue

1 Like

Re: Are You HIV Positive? by chrisj2000(m): 6:05pm On Oct 23, 2012
but this is a very strange question since there's no indication of ur intentions. ok i'm HIV positive, what do you have for me?

1 Like

Re: Are You HIV Positive? by Abujafood: 6:26pm On Oct 23, 2012
chrisj2000: but this is a very strange question since there's no indication of ur intentions. ok i'm HIV positive, what do you have for me?

Free advise and tips if you're interested!
Re: Are You HIV Positive? by yahooman: 6:31pm On Oct 23, 2012
chrisj2000: but this is a very strange question since there's no indication of ur intentions. ok i'm HIV positive, what do you have for me?
Just Like I Thought. Op is idle i guess
Re: Are You HIV Positive? by Abujafood: 7:00pm On Oct 23, 2012
yahooman:
Just Like I Thought. Op is idle i guess

May be!
Re: Are You HIV Positive? by Nobody: 1:07am On Oct 24, 2012
*Kails*:

Exactly because those infected are too ashamed to admit the fact. So they go on with their lives as if nothing happened. The scary thing is that there is no way for one to "look like" they have aids, so anyone can be infected. I wish we lived in a world where one could be open without fearing being ostrasized but its not the case. Hence my saying it should be private on nl as many nlders are not exactly the most compassionate ppl. tongue

agree smiley

(1) (Reply)

Bullyx Detoxifier And Beller Flattener / Water Left In A Car Can Cause Cancer / Asbestos, Your Health And The Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.