Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Obama Vs Romney - 'horses And Bayonets' Goes Viral - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Vs Romney - 'horses And Bayonets' Goes Viral (593 Views)

Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread / Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 / Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Obama Vs Romney - 'horses And Bayonets' Goes Viral by Feedmemore(f): 6:50am On Oct 23, 2012
President Barack Obama and Gov. Mitt Romney clashed in an exchange about the size of the U.S. military in what may end up being the signature dialogue of the third and final presidential debate.

"Our Navy is smaller now than at any time since 1917," Romney said. "The Navy said they needed 313 ships to carry out their mission. We're now at under 285. ... We're headed down to the low 200s if we go through a sequestration. That's unacceptable to me."

Romney also said the U.S. Air Force is "older and smaller" than at any time since it first flew in 1947 and that the U.S. has begun to move away from its traditional stance of being able to simultaneously fight wars on two fronts.

"I think Governor Romney maybe hasn't spent enough time looking at how our military works," Obama said, beginning a sharp assault on Romney's foreign policy knowledge.

"You mentioned the Navy, for example, and that we have fewer ships than we did in 1916. Well, Governor, we also have fewer horses and bayonets, because the nature of our military's changed. We have these things called aircraft carriers, where planes land on them. We have these ships that go underwater, nuclear submarines.

"And so the question is not a game of Battleship," Obama continued, "where we're counting ships. It's what are our capabilities."

As some observers pointed out, the remark may have added insult to injury, considering Romney is the owner of a horse that competed in the 2012 Summer Olympics.
Re: Obama Vs Romney - 'horses And Bayonets' Goes Viral by Feedmemore(f): 7:00am On Oct 23, 2012
"You mentioned the Navy, for example, and that we have fewer ships than we did in 1916. Well, Governor, we also have fewer horses and bayonets, because the nature of our military's changed. We have these things called aircraft carriers, where planes land on them. We have these ships that go underwater, nuclear submarines.

"And so the question is not a game of Battleship," Obama continued, "where we're counting ships. It's what are our capabilities."

It was very funny..I had to stop my car to laugh..I was very disappointed that Romney didn't have any comeback on it.. I was expecting some..The conservative twitters started saying it was arrogant.. Come on , Man..It was a good punch.. take it like a man..
Romney kept getting up on counts after getting knocked down.. Entertaining 90 minutes when two men talked about nothing for the third time in three weeks and we all watched with our mouths open..

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney - 'horses And Bayonets' Goes Viral by Oahray: 7:53am On Oct 23, 2012
Lol... Killer punch! I think Romney started the aggressive debate style. Made him look smart in the first debate, with him many lies and figures that don't add up. Obama was gentle, and was considered the loser. Love the way Obama spanked Romney in the next two debates.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Could The Demonstrations In Tahrir Square Be The Largest In World History? / George Zimmerman Found Not Guilty / Man Who Plotted To Kill And Eat Children::::::::::::::::::::::::

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.