Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,743 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! (2749 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Family / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife Arrive Benin City In Their Private Jet (Photos) / Picture Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Entire Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2012
As you know, tithing and private jets/luxury lives hypocrisy of these MOG's are making many more Nigerians turn into disbelievers. These MOG's have done more work than any unbeliever in turning Nigerians away from God or the church.

Now, there are people that claim that their churches are full or seeing an increase in numbers but we know that

a) There are non-attending supporters. These include Niaralanders and internet supporters who like Oyedepos/MOGs' message but dont do to church
b) People come and go. They are only focusing on the incoming and not the damage that the outgoing can do.

There are people in camps A and B that have been turned off by the luxurious lives and tithing that have become part of the church doctrine.

So, in summary, thank you, MOGs! Your fraudulent ways are making Nigerians to wake up small by small!
Re: Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 23, 2012
this guy.. lol..
Re: Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 23, 2012
musKeeto: this guy.. lol..

What?

I should sit down and allow Nigeria to continue exporting religion while India is exporting cars?

BTW.....change your gaddem signature angry I swear, if one religionist uses this against me, I will come to India and beat Ghandi out of you angry angry angry angry
Re: Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 23, 2012
Logicboy03:

What?

I should sit down and allow Nigeria to continue exporting religion while India is exporting cars?

BTW.....change your gaddem signature angry I swear, if one religionist uses this against me, I will come to India and beat Ghandi out of you angry angry angry angry
lmao... i'll... just searching for a good quote..
Re: Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! by wiegraf: 4:32pm On Oct 23, 2012
Reading the OT should be enough, alas humanity...
Re: Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! by mkmyers45(m): 4:39pm On Oct 23, 2012
Logicboy03:

What?

No be true ni?
Re: Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 23, 2012
wiegraf: Reading the OT should be enough, alas humanity...

Guy, itsnt that easy! I hd the bible infront of me for 19 years and still believed it was good.

It took a mocking comment from someone for me to read the bible myself and see the truth

Maybe we are the push that others need
Re: Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 23, 2012
mkmyers45: No be true ni?
oh boy, hw far ur interview with chrisbenogor?
angry
Re: Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 23, 2012
mkmyers45: No be true ni?

Yes, because atheism gets extremism from the bible

Re: Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! by mkmyers45(m): 10:33pm On Oct 23, 2012
musKeeto:
oh boy, hw far ur interview with chrisbenogor?
angry
I no see the guy back light ni o
Re: Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! by PastorKun(m): 8:28am On Oct 24, 2012
Sad but true, rogues like Oyedepo are driving people away from the saving grace of christ through the false and fraudulent gospel they preach and their vulgar lifestyle that is completely unchrist like.

@Atheists on this thread.
A thorough reading of the gospels would make it clear to you that these charlatans don't represent christ and it would be very wrong to base your belief in God based on the acts of a few rogues. I recomend you study the gospels of christ with a very open mind, study the character of Jesus and even Paul who was a former persecutor of the church and you might learn a thing or two about true christianity.
Re: Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 24, 2012
Pastor Kun: Sad but true, rogues like Oyedepo are driving people away from the saving grace of christ through the false and fraudulent gospel they preach and their vulgar lifestyle that is completely unchrist like.

@Atheists on this thread.
A thorough reading of the gospels would make it clear to you that these charlatans don't represent christ and it would be very wrong to base your belief in God based on the acts of a few rogues. I recomend you study the gospels of christ with a very open mind, study the character of Jesus and even Paul who was a former persecutor of the church and you might learn a thing or two about true christianity.

Look, while you might argue that tihes are not mandated by christianity (and I agree with you), the problem remains with your bible that is very confusing and can be used to justify any atrocity.

Can you say that the Europeans that engaged in slavery did not have biblical evidence to back their deeds up? Why is your interpretation the right one.

As an atheist, I dont believe i tithes for a logical reason. You on the other hand are only against tithes because of interpretation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM2vt2FD5sc
Re: Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 24, 2012
And btw, that 'only for christians' thread by Anony supports Logicboy's assertion.. one's interpretation defines one's TRUE christianity...
Re: Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 24, 2012
musKeeto: And btw, that 'only for christians' thread by Anony supports Logicboy's assertion.. one's interpretation defines one's TRUE christianity...

wink

#interpretation problems with christainity
Re: Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! by PastorKun(m): 8:54am On Oct 24, 2012
@Logicboy
The mistake people make is to assume that everything in the bible is relevant to christianity. The bible contains records of ancient practises of the jews under the old covenant which as now been replaced by a totally new and different new covenant which is what christianity is based on. The bible was not compiled till the fourth century after christianity had thrived for 300 years. Christianity is based purely on the teachings of christ and NOT every thing you read in the bible. If you approach it this way, you would begin to have a clearer understanding of what true christianity should be.

1 Like

Re: Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 24, 2012
Pastor Kun: @Logicboy
The mistake people make is to assume that everything in the bible is relevant to christianity. The bible contains records of ancient practises of the jews under the old covenant which as now been replaced by a totally new and different new covenant which is what christianity is based on. The bible was not compiled till the fourth century after christianity had thrived for 300 years. Christianity is based purely on the teachings of christ and NOT every thing you read in the bible. If you approach it this way, you would begin to have a clearer understanding of what true christianity should be.

Are you saying that the God of the old testament is not the same as the christian one?

This is because God clearly commanded the taking of slaves and killing of unbelievers
Re: Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! by PastorKun(m): 9:41am On Oct 24, 2012
Logicboy03:

Are you saying that the God of the old testament is not the same as the christian one?

This is because God clearly commanded the taking of slaves and killing of unbelievers

Well i can't make excuses for God or justify issues i don't understand, all i can say is that it was a different dispensation then and God probably allowed it for reasons best known to him then. Today we are under a new dispensation ushered in by christ and that is what matters to us. If you want to fault christianity it must be based on the new covenant and NOT the old Jewish religion which is totally different from christianity.
Re: Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 24, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Well i can't make excuses for God or justify issues i don't understand, all i can say is that it was a different dispensation then and God probably allowed it for reasons best known to him then. Today we are under a new dispensation ushered in by christ and that is what matters to us. If you want to fault christianity it must be based on the new covenant and NOT the old Jewish religion which is totally different from christianity.
Honest..

Why should one be a Christian? Is there any other reason apart from the HOPE OF ETERNAL LIFE?
Re: Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 24, 2012
Pastor Kun:

You do know that you are sounding ridiculous?

1) Slavery is wrong, whether in the past, present of future! I thought that your God was the eternal truth.

2) Jesus quoted the old testament (Jewish scriptures)

3) Slavery, sexism and racism all in the New Testament. Apostle paul will tell you most of that.
Re: Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 24, 2012
musKeeto:
Honest..

Why should one be a Christian? Is there any other reason apart from the HOPE OF ETERNAL LIFE?

FEAR OF ETERNAL DAMNATION
Re: Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! by PastorKun(m): 10:03am On Oct 24, 2012
musKeeto:
Honest..

Well people choose to be christians for various reasons apart from the fact that majority where born into it. I for one re-dedicated my life to God as a christian when i studied the teachings of chist. it connected to my heart as teachings that could only be divine. Christ's message to mankind was that of LOVE. Loving one and other. Let's look at it this way, if you have children you would be interested in your children loving one and other. It is just this way our heavenly fater who created us all is interested in us loving each other and being there for each other. This is a very simple truth but a deeper understanding of this concept was a life changing occurence for me. Even Ghandi an hindu said if "christians" were to follow the true teachings of christ, not only would the problems of india be solved but th problems of the whole world. Unfortunately what is labelled as christianity today is not true christianity, we all need to go back to the gospels to understand the nature of christ and what his true gospel his. Forget the nomenclature of being labelled a christian, what is more important is following the teachings of christ.

1 Like

Re: Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! by PastorKun(m): 10:10am On Oct 24, 2012
Logicboy03:

You do know that you are sounding ridiculous?

1) Slavery is wrong, whether in the past, present of future! I thought that your God was the eternal truth.

2) Jesus quoted the old testament (Jewish scriptures)

3) Slavery, sexism and racism all in the New Testament. Apostle paul will tell you most of that.

I hope you know that western civilization which gives us so much freedom today was heavily influenced by christianity. I must comment that the human race as come a long way in terms of our cultural evolution and what was acceptable in those days might seem ridiculous then. As i said i cannot defend GOD or Jewish historical records in the bible. What i know is that the teachings of christ as gone a very long way in making the world a much better place.
Re: Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 24, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Well people choose to be christians for various reasons apart from the fact that majority where born into it. I for one re-dedicated my life to God as a christian when i studied the teachings of chist. it connected to my heart as teachings that could only be divine. Christ's message to mankind was that of LOVE. Loving one and other. Let's look at it this way, if you have children you would be interested in your children loving one and other. It is just this way our heavenly fater who created us all is interested in us loving each other and being there for each other. This is a very simple truth but a deeper understanding of this concept was a life changing occurence for me. Even Ghandi an hindu said if "christians" were to follow the true teachings of christ, not only would the problems of india be solved but th problems of the whole world. Unfortunately what is labelled as christianity today is not true christianity, we all need to go back to the gospels to understand the nature of christ and what his true gospel his. Forget the nomenclature of being labelled a christian, what is more important is following the teachings of christ.

Did Jesus show love to the Canaanite woman that came for healing?

Did Jesus show love to the people selling goods in the church?
Re: Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! by dhtml(m): 10:23am On Oct 24, 2012
passing by. . .
Re: Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! by PastorKun(m): 11:44am On Oct 24, 2012
Logicboy03:

Did Jesus show love to the Canaanite woman that came for healing?

Did Jesus show love to the people selling goods in the church?

Yes he did show love to the canaanite woman despite the conversation that ensued between them. Concerning those selling in the temple, I would ask a simple question. If a parent beats a child for doing something wrong, would you say that parent doesn't love the child?
Re: Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 24, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Yes he did show love to the canaanite woman despite the conversation that ensued between them. Concerning those selling in the temple, I would ask a simple question. If a parent beats a child for doing something wrong, would you say that parent doesn't love the child?

1) First bold. The onversation was racist. So, despite the racism Jesus showed, he healed the woman. Stockholm syndrome

2) So Adults too should be beaten like children. Jesus could not use reason to sway people from selling in church?
Re: Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 25, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 28, 2012
Logicboy03:
Re: Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! by pastormustwacc: 2:27pm On Oct 28, 2012
Re: Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 28, 2012
Re: Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! by oiseworld: 3:31pm On Oct 30, 2012
@logicboy what would youu do if you discouvered you had been wrong all this while?
Re: Thank You Oyedepo And Other Mog's For Tithes! by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 30, 2012
oiseworld: @logicboy what would youu do if you discouvered you had been wrong all this while?
I dont know about Logicboy, but if God's real, and he happens to be Yahweh... i'll gladly go to hell, wont be able to accommodate such an evil spirit..

What abt you?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Warning: Blacks Should Avoid The Rapture:It's Not A Laughing Matter O. Pls Read / AIDS Is Now Running Rampant Amongst ISIS Fighters And It's Getting So Bad... / Will The Watchtower Follow Pope Francis’ Example?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.