Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,335 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian (2149 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / This Is The HOUSE TB Joshua Was Born In... / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 23, 2012
If You'd Been born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian
If You'd Been born In India, You Wouldn't Be A Christian
If You'd Been born In Japan, You Wouldn't Be A Christian
If You'd Been born In Algeria, You Wouldn't Be A Christian
If You'd Been Born In Bangladesh, You Wouldn't Be A Christian
If You'd Been born In Iran, You Wouldn't Be A Christian
If You'd Been born In Mali, You Wouldn't Be A Christian
If You'd Been born In Libya, You Wouldn't Be A Christian
If You'd Been born In Sri Lanka, You Wouldn't Be A Christian

The ONLY reason you're a christian is by accident of birth and geography, and has NOTHING to do with your level of righteousness, or awareness of God, or closeness to divinity.

If you'd been born in any of the above nations, christianity would have looked to you every bit as remote and dubious as you presently consider faiths like Hinduism, Zoroastrianism, and Jainism.

The idea of converting to christianity would have seemed as weird and bizzare as does the idea of your presently converting to Taoism.

Or Sikhism.

Or Shintoism.

Hence it is PREPOSTEROUS, ARROGANT, and the height of TOMFOOLERY to purport to be practising the ''one true religion'' - not just because it makes out the Creator to be irrational - bequeathing righteousness on humans merely by geographical accident - but because it betrays a tragic Tunnel Vision, in which the individual is incapable of conceiving of legitimate existence and value outside of the narrow box he's been placed in from birth, by his geographic location.

In short, the concept of exclusive divinity is an expression of ignorance and intellectual deficiency.

It's actually a form of mental abuse of the individual by those at the helm of institutions propagating such notions.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 23, 2012
If you were born a catholic church, you would pay tithes grin grin
Re: If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian by manmustwac(m): 6:46pm On Oct 23, 2012
Now what you just said is very simple straightforward common sense that most Christians will find hard to comprehend. Most of them will just dodge this topic because its not good for their FAITH. And the few that do choose to reply you will open their bible which they only use because it was the religion they were born and bred into find a scripture and start quoting like programmed zombies. cry

2 Likes

Re: If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian by pastormustwacc: 6:47pm On Oct 23, 2012
Some of us have been through various religions. But there is an element called destiny you know.
Re: If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian by manmustwac(m): 7:00pm On Oct 23, 2012
pastormustwacc: Some of us have been through various religions. But there is an element called destiny you know.
And what do you mean by destiny? Was it destiny that made you a christian or the accident of birth?
Re: If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian by pastormustwacc: 7:30pm On Oct 23, 2012
manmustwac: And what do you mean by destiny? Was it destiny that made you a christian or the accident of birth?
Destiny, and after exploring several religions, i came back to christianity by choice.
Re: If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 23, 2012
pastormustwacc:
Destiny, and after exploring several religions, i came back to christianity by choice.

Nothing beats familiarity with what one grew up with.

It always feels like ''the real thing''. I wouldn't read much into your relapse.
Re: If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian by manmustwac(m): 7:35pm On Oct 23, 2012
pastormustwacc:
Am sure if you were born into islam you would've come back to Islam by choice as well after exploring christianity and other religions
Re: If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian by pastormustwacc: 7:56pm On Oct 23, 2012
manmustwac: Am sure if you were born into islam you would've come back to Islam by choice as well after exploring christianity and other religions
Wrong, my real roots are catholic and not pentecostal. I was even an alter boy in catholic church, so i should have gone back to catholic church.
But i did not and never will.
Re: If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 23, 2012
^^My friend why are you deceiving yourself? Your ''real roots'' are christianity and you returned to christianity.
Re: If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian by pastormustwacc: 8:02pm On Oct 23, 2012
^^^Yes, thank you. I meant to say my roots by birth into this world was CATHOLICISM, but my REAL ROOTS by DESTINY is CHRISTIANITY.
Now, there is a difference between being a catholic and a christian - like darkness and light. But let us not distract the thread.
Re: If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian by wiegraf: 8:32pm On Oct 23, 2012
pastormustwacc: ^^^Yes, thank you. I meant to say my roots by birth into this world was CATHOLICISM, but my REAL ROOTS by DESTINY is CHRISTIANITY.
Now, there is a difference between being a catholic and a christian - like darkness and light. But let us not distract the thread.

Regardless, you're the exception, not the norm. The very vast majority are simply responding to their indoctrination.

In your case I would argue that you tried to break free, became troubled, then decided to settle on something clos to home. A bit like a rationalization, telling yourself you've actually explored other options and have indeed chosen another faith when in fact you've only made superficial changes. Since I don't know you though this would be speculation.
Re: If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:57pm On Oct 23, 2012
ROSSIKE:

The ONLY reason you're a christian is by accident of birth and geography, and has NOTHING to do with your level of righteousness, or awareness of God, or closeness to divinity.

If you'd been born in any of the above nations, christianity would have looked to you every bit as remote and dubious as you presently consider faiths like Hinduism, Zoroastrianism, and Jainism.

The idea of converting to christianity would have seemed as weird and bizzare as does the idea of your presently converting to Taoism.

Or Sikhism.

Or Shintoism.

Hence it is PREPOSTEROUS, ARROGANT, and the height of TOMFOOLERY to purport to be practising the ''one true religion'' - not just because it makes out the Creator to be irrational - bequeathing righteousness on humans merely by geographical accident - but because it betrays a tragic Tunnel Vison, in which the individual is incapable of conceiving of legitimate existence and value outside of the narrow box he's been placed in from birth, by his geographic location.

In short, the concept of exclusive divinity is an expression of ignorance and intellectual deficiency.

It's actually a form of mental abuse of the individual by those at the helm of institutions propagating such notions.

Thanks.

Report reaching us from China proves to be contrary to the lies above. This news was at least 4 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s_4rM7yorg

So, there goes your philosophy, up in smoke.

1 Like

Re: If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 23, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Report reaching us from China proves to be contrary to the lies above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s_4rM7yorg

only 5% of chinese are christians. Many who would be under pressure to lose christianity.
Re: If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:01pm On Oct 23, 2012
And this was from a year earlier. The population of Chinese Christians are said to be more than the total population of Nigeria put together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT3TtcQF1Cw

1 Like

Re: If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian by pastormustwacc: 10:05pm On Oct 23, 2012
wiegraf:

Regardless, you're the exception, not the norm. The very vast majority are simply responding to their indoctrination.

In your case I would argue that you tried to break free, became troubled, then decided to settle on something clos to home. A bit like a rationalization, telling yourself you've actually explored other options and have indeed chosen another faith when in fact you've only made superficial changes. Since I don't know you though this would be speculation.
Interesting, you might be correct in some ways.
Re: If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:12pm On Oct 23, 2012
Rare footage of secret churches in China

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxX2_D11qBw

Evidence that Christianity is booming in China. Atheists can kill the body but they cannot kill the soul. Praise the Lord.

2 Likes

Re: If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian by anonymous22: 10:17pm On Oct 23, 2012
Been born in a christain zone/family/nation is by grace and thats the reason why Christ has given us the great commision,read matt24:19 "go ye therefore and teach all nations...."
Re: If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 23, 2012
OLAADEGBU: Rare footage of secret churches in China

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxX2_D11qBw

Evidence that Christianity is booming in China. Atheists can kill the body but they cannot kill the soul. Praise the Lord.

Atheists are now killers? Please look at the news, it is christians that are bombing abortion clinics and killing witches.

As for China, you can lie all yu ant but christianity is only 5% of China
Re: If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 23, 2012
anonymous22: Been born in a christain zone/family/nation is by grace and thats the reason why Christ has given us the great commision,read matt24:19 "go ye therefore and teach all nations...."

So the innocent ones born to non-christian families have no grace? Christians are so irrational

And what about those that died hundreds of years before christianity reached them.

1 Like

Re: If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:48pm On Oct 23, 2012
Logicboy03:

Atheists are now killers? Please look at the news, it is christians that are bombing abortion clinics and killing witches.

As for China, you can lie all yu ant but christianity is only 5% of China

You should know that the blood of the Martyrs is the seed of the Church. Educate yourself on the rise of Christianity in China.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo4L92JR7zI
Re: If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:08pm On Oct 23, 2012
anonymous22:

Been born in a christain zone/family/nation is by grace and thats the reason why Christ has given us the great commision,read matt24:19 "go ye therefore and teach all nations...."

Studies have shown that the quality of Christians in places where persecution is the harshest are better. Nigeria has gone up in the list of persecuted Christians may the Lord protect and multiply them in Jesus' name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52N2S0wBjEU
Re: If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 23, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Studies have shown that the quality of Christians in places where persecution is the harshest are better. Nigeria has gone up in the list of persecuted Christians may the Lord protect and multiply them in Jesus' name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52N2S0wBjEU

Nonsense and lies for Jesus!

Who is persecuting christians inn southern Nigeria?
Re: If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian by God4moi: 11:43pm On Oct 23, 2012
pastormustwacc:
Wrong, my real roots are catholic and not pentecostal. I was even an alter boy in catholic church, so i should have gone back to catholic church.
But i did not and never will.

Yeah! I hear that all the time. But from obsavertion the best way to be detached is been an alter boy. They commit the most atrocities in the church + they are so ignorant of they is preached or the values sef. You see their eyes drift so unsettled bunch and then for some reasons they want you to belief they know all just cos they share a seat on the alter?! Devil was the head of the choiristers in heaven#
Re: If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian by God4moi: 11:47pm On Oct 23, 2012
There are christians in all these countries. Maybe in the minority but it has taken christianity over 2000years to get this far and its growing by the day.
Re: If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian by pastormustwacc: 12:21am On Oct 24, 2012
God4moi:
Yeah! I hear that all the time. But from obsavertion the best way to be detached is been an alter boy. They commit the most atrocities in the church + they are so ignorant of they is preached or the values sef. You see their eyes drift so unsettled bunch and then for some reasons they want you to belief they know all just cos they share a seat on the alter?! Devil was the head of the choiristers in heaven#

You have said it all. No one can convince me to return to the catholic church, except maybe if GOD HIMSELF COMES DOWN and tells me to return.
Re: If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian by wiegraf: 12:33am On Oct 24, 2012
The most popular religion in the world tries to pass itself off as the underdog, it appeals, makes them feel important. An already deluded people, so it actually should be expected. Muslims like to claim they are constantly being persecuted as well, despite their default mode being them persecuting others. Look at the history of martyrdom of both faiths. Meh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_martyrs#Historical_importance
""Persecution was seen by early Christians, as by later historians, as one of the crucial influences on the growth and development of the early Church and Christian beliefs. (Frend) shows how the persecutions formed an essential part in a providential philosophy of history that has profoundly influenced European political thought."[9]

Among other things, persecution sparked the cult of the saints, facilitated the rapid growth and spread of Christianity, prompted defenses and explanations of Christianity (the "apologies" ) and, in its aftermath, raised fundamental questions about the nature of the church."

There aren't that many xtians in china anyways, considering their population, nevertheless expect the spin from religious.

Atheism has nothing to do with the repression of others, it is simply a lack of belief in gods. Somebody repressing religion? Then likely that person is pushing another religion on you, like a state or personality cult. Mao, Stalin, Kim, Hitler (a catholic though) and Nazism, Fascists (though most were religious as well). Note, all these are RELIGIONS. They espouse their dogma and demand you don't ask questions, that pretty much is textbook religion. Now, look through the HDI index and look up other countries with large numbers of atheists which do not push silly state based religions, rather those that have secular humanist values. Can you notice a trend?
Re: If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian by Nobody: 12:53am On Oct 24, 2012
wiegraf: The most popular religion in the world tries to pass itself off as the underdog, it appeals, makes them feel important. An already deluded people, so it actually should be expected. Muslims like to claim they are constantly being persecuted as well, despite their default mode being them persecuting others. Look at the history of martyrdom of both faiths. Meh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_martyrs#Historical_importance
""Persecution was seen by early Christians, as by later historians, as one of the crucial influences on the growth and development of the early Church and Christian beliefs. (Frend) shows how the persecutions formed an essential part in a providential philosophy of history that has profoundly influenced European political thought."[9]

Among other things, persecution sparked the cult of the saints, facilitated the rapid growth and spread of Christianity, prompted defenses and explanations of Christianity (the "apologies" ) and, in its aftermath, raised fundamental questions about the nature of the church."

There aren't that many xtians in china anyways, considering their population, nevertheless expect the spin from religious.

Atheism has nothing to do with the repression of others, it is simply a lack of belief in gods. Somebody repressing religion? Then likely that person is pushing another religion on you, like a state or personality cult. Mao, Stalin, Kim, Hitler (a catholic though) and Nazism, Fascists (though most were religious as well). Note, all these are RELIGIONS. They espouse their dogma and demand you don't ask questions, that pretty much is textbook religion. Now, look through the HDI index and look up other countries with large numbers of atheists which do not push silly state based religions, rather those that have secular humanist values. Can you notice a trend?

Thank you! these christians believe that they are the ones that are being persecuted when they are the majority. The most followed religion. Imagine Yoruba msouth south man claiming that he is being persecuted for christianity? In south Nigeria?
Re: If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian by tpia5: 5:26am On Oct 24, 2012
@ topic

faulty logic, at best.
Re: If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 24, 2012
tpia@:
@ topic

faulty logic, at best.

Could you explain how?
Re: If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 24, 2012
All u people saying there are some christians in these countries, who told u there aren't some buddists in nigeria and other christian dominated countries.
Besides the only reason christianity is so famous is because it is the religion of westerners. And westerners have traveled round the world carrying their religion with them.
We all know the whole world has adopted the culture of the westerners, so its only logical that some people would adopt their religion as well.
Although most indians would never accept christianity because they know its a rip-off from their own religion
Re: If You'd Been Born In China, You Wouldn't Be A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:33am On Oct 24, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Or Sikhism.

Or Shintoism.

Hence it is PREPOSTEROUS, ARROGANT, and the height of TOMFOOLERY to purport to be practising the ''one true religion'' - not just because it makes out the Creator to be irrational - bequeathing righteousness on humans merely by geographical accident - but because it betrays a tragic Tunnel Vision, in which the individual is incapable of conceiving of legitimate existence and value outside of the narrow box he's been placed in from birth, by his geographic location.

Thanks.

The highlighted nation above is proven to be one of the first Islamic nations experiencing a revival where people are coming to Christ in their droves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sL2c6rr5dI

Where is ROSSIKE to come and defend his illogical theories?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Of Mrpresident1 And His Rapture Date / May GOD Keep All Our Enemy Busy Like This In June In Jesus Name / Why Do Most Churches Avoid Deuteronomy 14: 22-29 Teachings "CHECK IT OUT"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.