Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,654 members, 7,955,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:48 AM

Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 (7807 Views)

Gunmen Invade Ebute-meta In Lagos, Kill 4, Injure 20 / The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market / Photos: Armed Robbers Storm Access Bank In Agbor; Kill 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 by mukina2: 12:39am On Oct 24, 2012
ONE person was, on Tuesday evening, shot dead as robbers invaded Alade Market in Ikeja, Lagos.

Many people were also injured in the stampede that ensued, as people around the scene of the robbery incident scampered for safety.

The robbery attack occurred around 6.00 p.m on Tuesday, when traders and workers around the market were closing for the day.

The victim, identified as Tijani, one of the bureaux de change operators at the market, was shot by the robbers when he attempted to escape.

Nigerian Tribune gathered that the robbers, who invaded the market in a fully loaded bus, carted away millions of naira after their operation.

An eyewitness told the Nigerian Tribune a gang of about eight men jumped out of a bus and started shooting sporadically in front of the market.

The robbers reportedly continued the shoot-out until the road and some parts of the market had been completely deserted.

“After everyone had scampered for safety, the robbers ransacked some of the bureaux de change offices in the market and made away with local and foreign currencies,” the eyewitness said.

Efforts to get the image maker of the state police command, Ngozi Braide, to react to the incident failed, as calls put through to his mobile phone were unanswered

A policeman at Ikeja police station, however, blamed the bureau de change operators for the robbery which, according to him, would have been prevented by the police.

The policeman, who pleaded anonymity, said the operators kicked against the deployment of policemen to the market by the area commander.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/49717-robbers-invade-alade-market-in-lagos-kill-1
Re: Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 by ghettodreamz(m): 9:04am On Oct 24, 2012
Robbery case again? Nigeria, wataguan? cry cry cry
Re: Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 by strangest(m): 9:09am On Oct 24, 2012
If the operators actually kifcked against the deployment of policemen... Then the operators were fully aware of what happened... So who are the operators?
Re: Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 24, 2012
Alade Market/Allen roundabout have lot of policemen around that area.Policemen are seen in their bus patrolling Allen Avenue.there is always heavy traffic around that axis.how could the robbers succeeded in robbing?
Re: Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 by Menendez: 9:15am On Oct 24, 2012
Not Robbers I wud say, but Ex okada riders.....I already anticipated this when I heared the bann on Okada in Lagos. I hope the govt is prepared for more to come....May God help us.
Re: Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 by baslone: 9:18am On Oct 24, 2012
strangest: If the operators actually kifcked against the deployment of policemen... Then the operators were fully aware of what happened... So who are the operators?

I don't think so, it could be to constant extortion from the cops.

At the moment, the police are losing more on the ban on okada than the okada riders themselves.

Big source of daily livelihood blocked!!!
Re: Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 by odoguigbo: 9:21am On Oct 24, 2012
fashola, I'm sure you are recording it?
Re: Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 by kennytidistar(m): 9:23am On Oct 24, 2012
the repacution of banning okada and rendering thousands jobless where are the police fashola brag about? kolohun ma showa o
Re: Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 by ghettodreamz(m): 9:25am On Oct 24, 2012
Maybe,they kicked against deployment of policemen to the area to prevent extortion from them, and probably prevent their customers from being harassed or extorted by them. Naija police no be am at all, esp when financial issues are being involved.

The bans on the Okada men from operating in a place like Lagos would inevitably contributes immensely to the rise in the rate of crime in the state, as many jobless and unemployed youth who were formerly running the Okada biz but had no other source of earning their livelihood would later resort to armed robbery in a bid of keeping body and soul together. God Have MERCY. RIP to the deceased. cry cry cry
Re: Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 by mekaboy(m): 9:27am On Oct 24, 2012
THE SACKED OKADA RIDERS HAVE RAISED SOME CAPITAL TO GO.INTO.BUSINESS. HOPE THE OTHER 3000 EX OKADA RIDERS.DONT PICK UP ARMS.

BUT THIS ROBERY WOULD NOT HAVE SUCEEDED WITHOUT THE POLICE.

SO BECAUSE SOMEONE KICKED AGAINST POLICE IN THE MARKET, IF THE.POLICE IS NOTIFIED THAT ARMED ROBBERS ARE OPERATING IN THE MARKET THEY WONT GO THERE?

ARE THE POLICE MEN NOT PAID BY TAX PAYERS MONEY?

IM SURE THAT ONE OF THE DPO'S ACCOUNT WILL BE CREDITED AFTER THE ROBBERY.

ITS EVEN FUNNY BECAUSE MOST POLICEMEN AND SOLDIERS ALSO RIDE OKADA.

SO IMAGINE WHAT TO.EXPECT.
Re: Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 24, 2012
mukina2: ONE person was, on Tuesday evening, shot dead as robbers invaded Alade Market in Ikeja, Lagos.

Many people were also injured in the stampede that ensued, as people around the scene of the robbery incident scampered for safety.

The robbery attack occurred around 6.00 p.m on Tuesday, when traders and workers around the market were closing for the day.

The victim, identified as Tijani, one of the bureaux de change operators at the market, was shot by the robbers when he attempted to escape.

Nigerian Tribune gathered that the robbers, who invaded the market in a fully loaded bus, carted away millions of naira after their operation.

An eyewitness told the Nigerian Tribune a gang of about eight men jumped out of a bus and started shooting sporadically in front of the market.

The robbers reportedly continued the shoot-out until the road and some parts of the market had been completely deserted.

“After everyone had scampered for safety, the robbers ransacked some of the bureaux de change offices in the market and made away with local and foreign currencies,” the eyewitness said.

Efforts to get the image maker of the state police command, Ngozi Braide, to react to the incident failed, as calls put through to his mobile phone were unanswered

A policeman at Ikeja police station, however, blamed the bureau de change operators for the robbery which, according to him, would have been prevented by the police.

The policeman, who pleaded anonymity, said the operators kicked against the deployment of policemen to the market by the area commander.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/49717-robbers-invade-alade-market-in-lagos-kill-1

Even if they jumped at the idea of deploying police, they still wouldn't have done anything anyways, bunch of useless idiots.
Re: Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 by Okijajuju1(m): 9:31am On Oct 24, 2012
mukina2: ONE person was, on Tuesday evening, shot dead as robbers invaded Alade Market in Ikeja, Lagos.

How does robbers shooting in the air translate in a 'Shootout?!'

SHOOTOUT DEFINED: A shootout is a gun battle between armed groups. A shootout often, but not necessarily, pits law enforcement against criminal elements; it could also involve two groups outside of law enforcement, such as rival gangs. A shootout in a military context (i.e. regularly constituted armed forces or even guerrilla or insurgent forces) would usually be considered a battle or firefight (depending on size), rather than a shootout.

Re: Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 by gistme24(m): 9:35am On Oct 24, 2012
Wow! I walked by just minutes before that incidence. The Policemen stationed beside the market opp the Ecobank branch are usually after Bikemen so am sure this aint their jurisdiction.
Re: Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 by slimyem: 9:46am On Oct 24, 2012
sadly,this is just the beginning of many robberies to come....

1 Like

Re: Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 by Jarus(m): 9:48am On Oct 24, 2012
berem: Alade Market/Allen roundabout have lot of policemen around that area.Policemen are seen in their bus patrolling Allen Avenue.there is always heavy traffic around that axis.how could the robbers succeeded in robbing?

Since the day The Palms was robbed in daylight I have stopped believing traffic is a barrier to their operation.
Re: Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 by Okijajuju1(m): 9:53am On Oct 24, 2012
slimyem: sadly,this is just the beginning of many robberies to come....

How do you mean?!

Is this the first robbery in the area?! State?! or Nigeria?!

Secondly, are you one of the robbers, this one you are promising more attacks?!

2 Likes

Re: Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 by Afam4eva(m): 9:54am On Oct 24, 2012
Allen Junction which is where Alade is located is filled with Uniform Police who station themselves just in front of Alade Market. Holw could this robbers have succeeded in robbing the place.
Re: Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 by gistme24(m): 9:56am On Oct 24, 2012
Update!
Sporadic gunshots rigth in front of ALADE market, the road is deserted right now.Some police men are around. Safely viewing from my office window.
Re: Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 by Okijajuju1(m): 9:57am On Oct 24, 2012
gistme24: Update!
Sporadic gunshots rigth in front of ALADE market, the road is deserted right now.Some police men are around. Safely viewing from my office window.

Take a video jor!! angry

Abi you no get camera phone?! Abi you no charge the battery..
Re: Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 by Afam4eva(m): 9:58am On Oct 24, 2012
gistme24: Update!
Oya, take your own sporadic camera shots...Shot na shot.
Re: Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 by dhtml(m): 9:59am On Oct 24, 2012
I just left the market not too long before that incident! Na wa o!
Re: Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 by Afam4eva(m): 10:00am On Oct 24, 2012
dhtml: I just left the market not too long before that incident! Na wa o!
You dey code inside alade ni?
Re: Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 by Okijajuju1(m): 10:02am On Oct 24, 2012
dhtml: I just left the market not too long before that incident! Na wa o!

You go price dollars abi wetin?!
Re: Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 by fyneguy: 10:06am On Oct 24, 2012
Jarus:

Since the day The Palms was robbed in daylight I have stopped believing traffic is a barrier to their operation.

Huh? The Palms? When did it happen?
Re: Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 by gistme24(m): 10:14am On Oct 24, 2012
Update!
Seems another set of robbers came this morning! No news of any casualty yet, the market is on a lock down as the robbers MAY still be around .
Traffic back on allen but seems kinda tense.

For those asking for pictures or videos, am not out to win the Pulitzer award, and I get plans for this xmas wink.
My holiday is going to start early for me though!

1 Like

Re: Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 by Jarus(m): 10:15am On Oct 24, 2012
fyneguy:

2009 or 2010, can't recall exactly. As busy as that place is, with people and cars, these guys robbed in broad evening.
Re: Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 by atuboweke(m): 10:36am On Oct 24, 2012
Robbery again in LAGOS? Fashola is really work-sleeping.
Re: Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 24, 2012
Menendez: Not Robbers I wud say, but Ex okada riders.....I already anticipated this when I heared the bann on Okada in Lagos. I hope the govt is prepared for more to come....May God help us.
This is a pathetic response. The black Sunday that robberies took place in different locations in Lagos, weren't okadas still operating?

1 Like

Re: Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 24, 2012
atuboweke: Robbery again in LAGOS? Fashola is really work-sleeping.
I see. U expect Fashola to be in alade market or infront of my house to secure me?
Re: Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 24, 2012
fyneguy:

I would have asked the same question.

Jarus:
2009 or 2010, can't recall exactly. As busy as that place is, with people and cars, these guys robbed in broad evening.
I doubt if this report is true. Im used to that axis and i cant recollect any thing like Armed Robbery. May be petty theft but Armed Robbery?
Re: Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 by patostation(m): 11:26am On Oct 24, 2012
I was at Opebi Roundabout yesterday when the incident took place. People were running here and there. The funny and surprising thing is that there is usually a heavy presence of gun-totting Policemen at Opebi/Allen Roundabout where they are "in action" arresting the "usual suspects" (the okada riders, passers-by, civilians going about their normal business). I remember very well that these policemen all along converted that roundabout to a sort of "police station". There is also another set of heavy police presence at Obafemi Awolowo Roundabout (in front of Alade Market) where policemen hide behind flowers in order to 'catch' motorists who may mistakenly cross the line or jump the traffic light.But when they heard of the robbery, they all disappeared. Na wa o! Police is our friend!
Re: Robbers Invade Alade Market In Lagos, Kill 1 by AjCityOne: 12:17pm On Oct 24, 2012
odoguigbo: fashola, I'm sure you are recording it?
Animal plenty for this country o.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Daughters Arraigned For Beating Up Father Over N45K Debt / White Woman Gives Birth To Black Baby, Accuses Husband Of Cheating / 14 Victims Of Trafficking Rescued, 3 Suspects Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.