Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,316 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem (6573 Views)

Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 "Not Registered On Network" Problem / What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem by hassymo5(m): 4:51am On Oct 24, 2012
[img]http://thenationonlineng.net/new/wp-content/themes/goodnews/framework/scripts/timthumb.php?src=http://thenationonlineng.net/new/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/MTN1.jpg&h=449&w=599&zc=1[/img]

Telecom services provider, MTN has appealed for understanding from its customers and other key stakeholders as it continues its Network Modernization and swap-out exercise.

The company’s Corporate Services Executive, Mr. Wale Goodluck at a press briefing on Tuesday in Lagos said the various activities related to MTN’s Network Modernization are progressing steadily but noted that it was being affected by recent flood nationwide and insecurity.

“We regret, however, that the pace of work has been considerably challenged by the spate of insecurity coupled with the unprecedented flooding being experienced in many parts of the country,” Goodluck stated.

The network optimization exercise will affect over 4,000 base stations out of over 10, 000 across the country.

According to Goodluck “the task that we are undertaking is tantamount to building a new network. We are seeking to replicate what we achieved over a six year period in nine months”.

He explained that considerable progress has been recorded with regards to the ongoing network improvement plans adding that several swap-outs have reached very advanced stages of completion.

“The entire network modernization process is a very logistic-intensive one and the problem of insecurity has seriously affected the pace of work in some parts of the country.”

In at least 13 states, Goodluck added that flooding has created additional logistic impediments such that the pace of the ongoing network modernization efforts has slowed down.

While acknowledging that MTN’s customers have been experiencing some disruption over the last few weeks, the Corporate Service Executive said as much as possible, the company would stick to its original plan of carrying out the network procedures only at night, in order to minimize disruptions to services.

MTN’s current network modernization and swap-out exercise which began in July 2012 is expected to cover the entire country and was originally expected to span a period of nine months.

Its objectives are to considerably enhance capacity on the MTN Network and improve service quality. Under the project, which is being implemented by a combined team of MTN engineers and technical partners that include Ericsson, Huawei and ZTE, key network components are being swapped with the latest upgrades in the industry. Current power systems are also being replaced with hybrid power systems which are more environment-friendly.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/business/flooding-insecurity-delay-mtns-network-up-grade/
Re: Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 24, 2012
So, will there be compensation in terms of bonuses (voice, data or sms) for customers after the upgrades?

1 Like

Re: Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem by hassymo5(m): 11:45am On Oct 24, 2012
cogitoErgo: So, will there be compensation in terms of bonuses (voice, data or sms) for customers after the upgrades?

you are right we are suppose to be compensated, but we have a body called the NCC in this country that suppose to handle such issues but i know they are so daft!!!
Re: Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem by amblors(m): 1:17pm On Oct 24, 2012
The compensation na the ongoing data bonus and promos wey una don dey enjoy na. NCC is handicap, don't count on em.
Re: Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem by alstacs(m): 10:05pm On Oct 24, 2012
Are they stewpeed or something? What sort of species of homo sapiens will bring down its systems once in the name of upgrade? Is it impossible to have done this piecemeal?

1 Like

Re: Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem by Bawss1(m): 7:59am On Oct 26, 2012
I would like to know what the modernization exercise entails in real terms. What kinds of speeds are we to expect data wise
Re: Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 26, 2012
@Op, If thats the Case, why is Etisalat performing rather Nicely? undecided

1 Like

Re: Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem by Clemzy16(m): 2:39pm On Oct 26, 2012
MTN should just keep lying. This south african company thinks Nigerians are fools. I've been experiencing network problems in my MTN sim months back even before the flood disaster occured. They are just using the flood as an excuse to lie to Nigerians for their failure to provide quality services. BTW, how does insecurity affects them? You get pulse MB and you won't be able to use it, you will activate MTN 5x bonus and you won't be able to call after 12pm etc. Talk of compensation for poor services from MTN you can as well wait the the world ends.

2 Likes

Re: Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem by hassymo5(m): 2:42pm On Oct 26, 2012
El Guapo: @Op, If thats the Case, why is Etisalat performing rather Nicely? undecided

you are right,, but MTN says na flood!!!
Re: Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 26, 2012
MTN of lies. Flood is targeting their network and not other Telcos ? Insecurity is targeting MTN and not other Telcos. I broke my MTN sim cards and slot in other networks. They should stop lying.

2 Likes

Re: Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem by Havilah93(m): 2:47pm On Oct 26, 2012
what is MTN? angry

1 Like

Re: Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 26, 2012
Havilah93: what is MTN? angry
Mentally Troubling Network

4 Likes

Re: Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem by Super1759: 2:54pm On Oct 26, 2012
these ones have also learnt how to give excuses to mishaps. So before the issue of flooding and insecurity, was MTN better?
Re: Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem by Super1759: 2:56pm On Oct 26, 2012
Billyonaire: Mentally Troubling Network
grin grin grin
Re: Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem by khrisponty(m): 2:59pm On Oct 26, 2012
Una father MTN! You always have bad Netwrk, come rain,come shine,come snow, come harmattan. As for the NCC officials, hang your respective self's.

1 Like

Re: Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem by Super1759: 3:00pm On Oct 26, 2012
Billyonaire: MTN of lies. Flood is targeting their network and not other Telcos ? Insecurity is targeting MTN and not other Telcos. I broke my MTN sim cards and slot in other networks. They should stop lying.
don't mind them. Other networks are water-proof and use water for transmission apart from MTN.

1 Like

Re: Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem by Kalman(m): 3:01pm On Oct 26, 2012
idiots
Re: Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem by caukerzee(m): 3:05pm On Oct 26, 2012
Me and many people alike have already dumped our MTN sim cards. They should have made the announcements before they started this process. And the longer this ish lasts, the more they loose costomers. MTN is fast loosing its spot as the leading network. Its sad.
Re: Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem by mallorca(m): 3:07pm On Oct 26, 2012
Super1759: don't mind them. Other networks are water-proof and use water for transmission apart from MTN.
LOL grin grin grin grin
Re: Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem by colormebad(m): 3:08pm On Oct 26, 2012
let MTN go and sit down.theres never a tme they do better... angry
Re: Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem by caukerzee(m): 3:12pm On Oct 26, 2012
El Guapo: @Op, If thats the Case, why is Etisalat performing rather Nicely? undecided
true. I also wonder how other networks are doing well under the same conditions. Is it not the same Nigeria? The should know Nigeria is their biggest market, if the go out of relevance here, it will hit them so hard that they will forget the meaning of GSM.
Re: Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem by shyna501: 3:30pm On Oct 26, 2012
MTN ULTIMATE WONDER? win a brand new state in UK, plus 70thousand citizens, ova £500billion evry week Ä♌ð Ʊ'll b d governor 4life!!. To qualify, send 'MUMU to 419'.. 200/sms.!!! Na God go punish MTN.. Wayo ntwrk. Mtcheeeeew!!
Re: Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem by faymouz(m): 3:45pm On Oct 26, 2012
Gud for Dem as for me ave dump Dem alrdy..hala airtel swt ntwk wit cheaper rate
Re: Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 26, 2012
But Glo's network is better? U mean glo is not prone to flooding? bleeped network
Re: Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem by irecruit(m): 3:52pm On Oct 26, 2012
THEY SHOULD NOT GIVE US EXCUSES FOR THEIR POOR NETWORK. WHY WONT THEY BLAME FLOOD. DID THE FLOOD CARRY AWAY THEIR MAST ALL OVER THE COUNTRY?.THEY SHOULD STOP DECEIVING US
Re: Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem by DaGC(m): 3:59pm On Oct 26, 2012
Well, 1st thing I wanna say is nobody was forced 2 buy MTN sim. Y'all knew d quality of their services that's y U subscribed 2 d network. So, instead of complainig bitterly all d tym, kindly subscribe 2 another network.
I'm nt sayin their netwrk quality is stl d same as it used 2 b, but I understand. A lot of y'all are ignorant of d fact dat a lot of MTN base stations were vandalised(especially in d North) n has caused congestion cause d affected areas had 2 b incorporated in2 oda base stations plus he just said they r upgrading.
I'm sad d quality is nt as it used 2 b, but if I dnt want it, I'll simply change 2 anoda netwrk. Been using em 4 abt a decade now, n its stl been my main netwrk/number. As 4 d flood, I'm as stumped as most of U r, unless d ish is dat d flood is makin it hard 4 dem 2 get access 2 their stations 4 upgrade...Well, I'm nt happy wt d quality ryt now... bt I understand
Re: Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem by dnative(m): 4:21pm On Oct 26, 2012
Another Goodluck again? This one get shoes?
Re: Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem by luluosas(m): 4:21pm On Oct 26, 2012
Is MTN the only service providers in Nigeria? Thank God I don't use them.
Re: Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 26, 2012
Da G-C:
Well, 1st thing I wanna say is nobody was forced 2 buy MTN sim. Y'all knew d quality of their services that's y U subscribed 2 d network. So, instead of complainig bitterly all d tym, kindly subscribe 2 another network.
I'm nt sayin their netwrk quality is stl d same as it used 2 b, but I understand. A lot of y'all are ignorant of d fact dat a lot of MTN base stations were vandalised(especially in d North) n has caused congestion cause d affected areas had 2 b incorporated in2 oda base stations plus he just said they r upgrading.
I'm sad d quality is nt as it used 2 b, but if I dnt want it, I'll simply change 2 anoda netwrk. Been using em 4 abt a decade now, n its stl been my main netwrk/number. As 4 d flood, I'm as stumped as most of U r, unless d ish is dat d flood is makin it hard 4 dem 2 get access 2 their stations 4 upgrade...Well, I'm nt happy wt d quality ryt now... bt I understand
shut the F*ck up! We all have Zain, Etisalat, Glo, Mtn, Starcomms, etc. We know MTN is the worst. I'm sure you are one of their managers, that's why u come here f*cking shitting around.

1 Like

Re: Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem by flymeup: 4:28pm On Oct 26, 2012
Mtn should keep on trying cos alot of people are missing their important appointments and schedules because of poor network problems.I am actually disappointed using Mtn network.
Re: Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem by wawaboy1(m): 4:32pm On Oct 26, 2012
Flood is really hampering the on going swap out in the SS and SE. ZTE and Huawei are doing the swap out. Some of this site have been logical cutover or configured in the BSC and RNC but flood cant allow Swap out team carry out physicall cutover at the bts sites. Cutover is neccessary for network upgrade. The subscriber base is very high.
Re: Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem by GentleNaaz(m): 4:38pm On Oct 26, 2012
Ds people always look 4 1 excus or d oda. Is it d same flood dat made lied abt dat 150% bonus? I wl stil say dat Evry tn in naija don turn 2 china, ntw MTN china, fashola china, universities china, security china, ..........china,...........china............china

(1) (2) (Reply)

MTN 4G-LTE Is Live / << Vivo X20 Vs Asus Zenfone 5 >> / See The Juicy Data Offer Mtn Is Giving Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.