Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,087 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat (114707 Views)

Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO / Latest Cheapest Call Tarrif Plan & Migration For MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat / Short Codes To Check Your Mobile Numbers For Mtn,etisalat,glo And Airtel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by bongolistik(m): 7:34am On Apr 25, 2015
Apart from Glo, I know most of you have been using this networks of MTN, Airtel and Etislat for years without knowing who their founders are,

Now for those of you that always complain of poor networks from those network providers, meet their founders(CEO), so you can properly channel your grievance to them whenever their network is slow or zaps your data.

1. MTN – The CEO of MTN is the person of Sifiso Dabengwa, the company founded in 1994, MTN is a South-African company with headquarter in Johannesburg

2. Airtel – The CEO of Airtel is Indian Gopal Vittal, the company founded on July 1995. Though the founder is Sunil Bharti Mittal and hence the name of the company you hear as Bharti Airtel.

Remember that the company in the name Airtel has been sold couple of times to different GSM network companies before Bharti Airtel took over-an Indian Company with headquarter in New-Delhi…Airtel former owners are as follows Econet, V-Mobile, Celtel, Zain and now Airtel.

3. Glo – The CEO of Glo as most of you down here already know is in the person Chief Mike Adenuga… Glo is an indigenous Nigerian company founded on 29th of August 2003 with headquarter in Lagos, Nigeria.

4. Etisalat – The last in our list is Etisalat and the CEO is Ahmed Abulkarim Mohd Julfar, Etisalat was founded in 1976 in the United Arab Emirate and with headquarter in Abu-Dhabi

Source: http://highteknology..com/2015/04/meet-ceos-origin-country-and-founded.html

19 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 25, 2015
see years whey etisalat take use senior them

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by Janet101(f): 7:48am On Apr 25, 2015
Thks for d information

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by Electronzeez(m): 7:58am On Apr 25, 2015
Na oil money etisalat de spend, the reason why there office fine pass.

31 Likes

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by adextetoo(m): 8:00am On Apr 25, 2015
no pix? and can anybody tell us the full meaning of Etisalat sef.
Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by banabest(m): 8:11am On Apr 25, 2015
ETisaALAT 1976 ...smh.. with who or what did they communicate with back then....

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by akashi01(m): 8:15am On Apr 25, 2015
What about jona?? i heard he brought internet to Nigeria?? grin cheesy grin grin angry angry

nonsenze

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by Emmanuel247(m): 8:23am On Apr 25, 2015
OK noted
Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by soullove1881(m): 8:34am On Apr 25, 2015
Good one!
Remember to start ur importation buz now.
http://www.azatips.com/2015/04/aliexpress-full-guide/
Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by Segadem(m): 8:36am On Apr 25, 2015
adextetoo:
no pix? and can anybody tell us the full meaning of Etisalat sef.
now you are talking grin

8 Likes

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by Ozigbondu(m): 8:37am On Apr 25, 2015
undecided
Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 25, 2015
no wonder etisalat is the best

8 Likes

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by oluwagadaffi(m): 9:13am On Apr 25, 2015
The more reason why we should patronize Glo, indigienous stuff............................................................#TeamGlo.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by buskie13(m): 9:15am On Apr 25, 2015
etisalat founded in 1976...men that's a lot of years ...dem don try...but na when etisalat come Nigeria

I remember their adverts those days for hitv immediately dem won start premiership...

mehn ....see how time flies cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by nollyway(m): 9:15am On Apr 25, 2015
nice,,buh i no see starcoms deir nah sad sad
Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by AbuMikey(m): 9:15am On Apr 25, 2015
Yeah!
Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by LaRoyalHighness(f): 9:16am On Apr 25, 2015
...Useful information... Time to patronize our own... Time to port to GLO. Bye mtn.

28 Likes

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by Kaywhy1(m): 9:16am On Apr 25, 2015
They are all birds of the same feathers; thiefs
Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by adepiero: 9:17am On Apr 25, 2015
If we had a good govt, glo ought to be the most pronounced network amongst them. undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by okooloyun1(m): 9:17am On Apr 25, 2015
Etibaba stil d best

1 Like

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 25, 2015
Cool info. All these companies, save for Glo, have done well by surviving the first 20 years of their existence. Especially Etisalat. These are the kind of businesses one needs to own - if you know what I mean. Hehe grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by adtiezy1(m): 9:17am On Apr 25, 2015
Omo porting to Glo..we gats promote our very own company o... Dis one wey mtn dey do yamayama

14 Likes

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by jamex93(m): 9:18am On Apr 25, 2015
They work for it

And we dey flex am today
Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 25, 2015
mtn best for calls.. etisalat for data... but the rate of etisalat bonus credit makes mi forget i hv an mtn sim entirely ..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by Jennynkk(f): 9:18am On Apr 25, 2015
MTN, ETISALAT, AND AIRTEL are all doing well except GLO which has died a natural death. whenever I pick up my phone I hardly see GLO numbers on it. Besides of all the networks GLO has the poorest and worst service. I cannot wish my enemy GLO.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by jascon1(m): 9:18am On Apr 25, 2015
So is this article promoting patronization of Nigerian-made? Don't get me wrong it won't be a bad idea anyways. We can give licenses to Nigerians n the govt can help fund it, thereby reducing the tax on the local companies and that in turn will reduce the call tarrifs, and that in turn will increase employments n investments cos our money stays in our country n not wired away to India or SA
Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by popesam1(m): 9:18am On Apr 25, 2015
see years etisalat senior them. Abu Dhabi money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by hikmojj(m): 9:20am On Apr 25, 2015
i cannot find there contactz from d above story...how can we reach them
Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by NewNigeriaMind: 9:20am On Apr 25, 2015
Every sensible Nigerian should have a glo line.

As Nigerians we must support our own.

That is what works for the Indians and south africans.

I am buying a glo sim in kaduna today.

Until glo gets to the USA

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat by haftob(m): 9:20am On Apr 25, 2015
But Etisalat Nigeria (EMTS) is owned by Bello Hakim Osagie mayb he bought the etisalat franchise

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dropboxing service *all Android Apps and Games {HD included} supported* / A New Tecno Phone (tecno N3) -soon! / Mtn Online Sim Replacement: Is It Possible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.