Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Nokia Unveils Lumia 510 For Emerging Markets - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Unveils Lumia 510 For Emerging Markets (14220 Views)

BlackBerry Q5 For Emerging Markets Announced / How Can I Download 2go On My Nokia Lumia 510 / Nokia Unveils Asha 205, 205 Dual-SIM Qwerty Handsets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Unveils Lumia 510 For Emerging Markets by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:37am On Oct 30, 2012
ciphoenix: that's a beast by wp standards cheesy

nah, those WP 8 phones are really really quite nice. if you like those sort of things that is tongue tongue

since they upped their OS ability to use higher spec hardware, they good.

u see the issue for me is that they wont want to accept that cracking the top end is a mirage for now. i believe those phones should be priced strongly in the mid-range to low end so they can gain users and mindshare.
this idea that they will jump into the deep end and take over the top-end from apple and to a lesser extent google is wishful thinking.

they launch now next you hear, slot is selling 920 for 130k. maybe 5 years ago that would be acceptable, but now? how are u going to convince the money-miss-road that a Lumia 920 gives him better props and effizy compared to the iphone 5 and even cheaper S III?
Re: Nokia Unveils Lumia 510 For Emerging Markets by jedisco(m): 5:09pm On Oct 30, 2012
ciphoenix: that's a beast by wp standards cheesy

Beast?? I guess you haven't seen this.

Re: Nokia Unveils Lumia 510 For Emerging Markets by ciphoenix: 8:19pm On Oct 30, 2012
jedisco:

Beast?? I guess you haven't seen this.
i actually meant the dual core krait processors at 1.5GHz seem to be the standard in the new high end wp8 devices. And obviously they do just fine in the web browsing department. When it comes to raw CPU and GPU performance tho, the krait cores don't measure up to the new cortex A15 cores in the new nexus devices (the 2 cortex A15 cores beats the 4 krait cores in the Optimus G) smiley
Re: Nokia Unveils Lumia 510 For Emerging Markets by jedisco(m): 4:09pm On Oct 31, 2012
Like I've always said, there will always be newer CPUs and GPUs. Hope you know ARM has announced a new processor that should be 3x faster than the A15

I'm more interested in how the phone performs because it has been shown that even when two devices run thesame processor, they don't always yield thesame result especially when running different OSes. Optimization plays a big role just like I've shown above with the sunspider benchmark. The iPhone 5 even with a 1GHz processor (which can reach 1.3) and 1GB of RAM should out-perform your quad cores.

Moreso all the reviews of WP I've seen explicitly states that its faster and smother than your like androids. So you should get yourself off the pursuit of the fastest clocked processor and tell me how it performs in real life.

Lastly, I don't know since when a smartphone was equal to a processor which can easily be licensed and put in any device. The best WP smartphone which is the L920 is still the best phone now in my opinion and fully stands its ground against anything out there.
Re: Nokia Unveils Lumia 510 For Emerging Markets by ciphoenix: 4:22pm On Oct 31, 2012
True, performance depends on optimization e.g for the One X, upgrading to JB puts it among top performers (even challenging the Optimus G). The sunspider benchmark only measures web browsing performance tho smiley
Re: Nokia Unveils Lumia 510 For Emerging Markets by jedisco(m): 4:31pm On Oct 31, 2012
ciphoenix: True, performance depends on optimization e.g for the One X, upgrading to JB puts it among top performers (even challenging the Optimus G). The sunspider benchmark only measures web browsing performance tho smiley

Yea I know. But when a dual core 1GB RAM device does much better than a quad core 2GB RAM device, then it leaves alot of questions unanswered. Thats why I said I'm more interested in the final output cos there are alot of ways to achieve thesame thing on a device.
Re: Nokia Unveils Lumia 510 For Emerging Markets by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:35pm On Oct 31, 2012
jedisco:
Moreso all the reviews of WP I've seen explicitly states that its faster and smother than your like androids. So you should get yourself off the pursuit of the fastest clocked processor and tell me how it performs in real life.

this is not true. WP of any nature does not run faster or smoother than any jellybean phone, custom or stock.

and of which before u start citing desire HD running gingerbread, WP 8 should be measured with the latest Android, not android released 2 years ago!

whosoever your reviewers are, well they are lying
Re: Nokia Unveils Lumia 510 For Emerging Markets by jedisco(m): 5:16pm On Oct 31, 2012
4llerbuntu:

this is not true. WP of any nature does not run faster or smoother than any jellybean phone, custom or stock.

and of which before u start citing desire HD running gingerbread, WP 8 should be measured with the latest Android, not android released 2 years ago!

whosoever your reviewers are, well they are lying

I still don't get your cutoff for 'any'
Is it last year, this year or just the latest? But like I said, whatever category you choose, the current WPs still hold their own.
Re: Nokia Unveils Lumia 510 For Emerging Markets by ciphoenix: 6:42pm On Oct 31, 2012
Some of em, in terms of web browsing perhaps.
Re: Nokia Unveils Lumia 510 For Emerging Markets by jedisco(m): 7:02pm On Oct 31, 2012
ciphoenix: Some of em, in terms of web browsing perhaps.

When I said 'holds it own', I don't mean better or worse. I mean that I don't consider any phone currently available now as 'next gen' when compared to the WP flagships. Yes there may be little pros and cons here and there but they certainly do not signify the next gen devices you were trying to make them look like.
Re: Nokia Unveils Lumia 510 For Emerging Markets by Curtisokafor: 3:01pm On Feb 21, 2013
Ogetogeo:

I tell ya. Even nokia x2-01, a java phone streams youtube videos seamlessly only on airtel network.
etisalat dey stream die im using nokia 2700

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ / Techno Spark K7 OTG Issue / How To Protect Your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Snapchat Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.