Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,040 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

The Importance Of A Laptopto A College Student? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Importance Of A Laptopto A College Student? (768 Views)

How You Can Be Successful With Or Without A College Degree / Importance Of Industrial Chemistry To Nigeria And The Entire World / Abraamovic The Billionaire Was A College Dropout And Mechanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Importance Of A Laptopto A College Student? by leunamme93(m): 9:09am On Oct 24, 2012
Guys & ladies
I'm a fresher and would like to know the importance of bringing a laptop to school. I just don't want it to be a sort of distraction to my studies and also for security reasons. I would like to hear from graduate and under-graduate.
Thanks
Re: The Importance Of A Laptopto A College Student? by 234GT(m): 6:57am On Oct 28, 2012
If you like watching films, it may distract you a lot.
Re: The Importance Of A Laptopto A College Student? by Sammy107d(m): 10:54am On Oct 28, 2012
Only in ngr will being without a pc in college be a thinkable option.
Re: The Importance Of A Laptopto A College Student? by leunamme93(m): 2:50pm On Oct 28, 2012
234GT: If you like watching films, it may distract you a lot.
I do love watchn movies nd streaming live matches alot. Moreso play games on it.
Re: The Importance Of A Laptopto A College Student? by leunamme93(m): 2:56pm On Oct 28, 2012
Sammy107_d: Only in ngr will being without a pc in college be a thinkable option.
Am nt a comp science studnt nd moreover am nt a starter with computers. I just gave my reasons why i want to. I was only hoping to hearing something different frm guys that are post/under graduate.
Re: The Importance Of A Laptopto A College Student? by Sammy107d(m): 4:56pm On Oct 28, 2012
My brother, doesn't matter if you're a French student. Where I studied (and it really doesn't matter), going without a computer would have equalled failing myself. I did Finance and Acctn, yet I churned out at least 10,000 words of literature and presentations weekly. All lectures were accessible online, and I'm many cases, assignments were to be submitted online with midnight deadlines. Many of my textbooks were electronic as well. Spent 50percent of study-time either researching online or communicating with profs or students. Also took notes in class by typing them in directly, cos I couldn't have possibly written enough. Can't count the number of skype group meeting and iterations of copy and paste. I would be incapable at work now without the daily use of software, primarily excel (trust me, most people who think they know excel or computers, even many giving training, don't know jack). Even if you can do goal-seeks and concatenate, run office macros and churn out charts in seconds, you're still likely less than intermediate.

I think intelligence is more about knowing what you don't know than knowing what you know. Its that way that you can know your limits and abilities, and take opportunities. I'm telling you that you're an undergraduate fresher; its unlikely that you don't have an employable knowledge of the computer, and obsolete and frustratingly slow cyber cafe computers can't do any good. Not enough that your the guy they call at home when they see the blue screen of death. Also, if a college student can't control his gaming habits and regulate movie time, he's not ready for college. Besides, I would have been miserable if I couldn't take a break after hours of study and run some episodes of House or tracks of coldplay on my bed at 2am.

Get a decent computer, one that's very good and can last four years. On graduation, you'll smile, give it a final kiss as it gives up on you, and toss it in the garbage like everyone else.
Re: The Importance Of A Laptopto A College Student? by leunamme93(m): 6:05pm On Oct 28, 2012
Sammy107_d: My brother, doesn't matter if you're a French student. Where I studied (and it really doesn't matter), going without a computer would have equalled failing myself. I did Finance and Acctn, yet I churned out at least 10,000 words of literature and presentations weekly. All lectures were accessible online, and I'm many cases, assignments were to be submitted online with midnight deadlines. Many of my textbooks were electronic as well. Spent 50percent of study-time either researching online or communicating with profs or students. Also took notes in class by typing them in directly, cos I couldn't have possibly written enough. Can't count the number of skype group meeting and iterations of copy and paste. I would be incapable at work now without the daily use of software, primarily excel (trust me, most people who think they know excel or computers, even many giving training, don't know jack). Even if you can do goal-seeks and concatenate, run office macros and churn out charts in seconds, you're still likely less than intermediate.

I think intelligence is more about knowing what you don't know than knowing what you know. Its that way that you can know your limits and abilities, and take opportunities. I'm telling you that you're an undergraduate fresher; its unlikely that you don't have an employable knowledge of the computer, and obsolete and frustratingly slow cyber cafe computers can't do any good. Not enough that your the guy they call at home when they see the blue screen of death. Also, if a college student can't control his gaming habits and regulate movie time, he's not ready for college. Besides, I would have been miserable if I couldn't take a break after hours of study and run some episodes of House or tracks of coldplay on my bed at 2am.

Get a decent computer, one that's very good and can last four years. On graduation, you'll smile, give it a final kiss as it gives up on you, and toss it in the garbage like everyone else.
Whooaa! Thanks. I'm studying bus. Admin. Will a mini laptop deliver, since i'ld be deprived of playing games nd that its battery lasts for about 4~5 hrs. I guess u did not school here.

(1) (Reply)

Make A Career As XFT Distributor / Sage 50 (peachtree) Accounting And Tally.erp9 Certificate Training / Oracle 12c, Ccna,ccnp,hacking,mcitp,mcse, Laptop Repair, Java, Autocad, Graphics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.