Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

Joke Silva Live On Canadian Stage In "Have You Seen Zandile?" - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Joke Silva Live On Canadian Stage In "Have You Seen Zandile?" (1394 Views)

NTA Presenter Applies Makeup Live On Air (Photos) / 3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! / Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Joke Silva Live On Canadian Stage In "Have You Seen Zandile?" by Boondoggle(m): 10:01pm On Jan 25, 2008
Hi Folks,

I got this from a colleague in the office and thought I should share with Nairalanders in Canada.

"Have You Seen Zandile?" is a beautifully written play by the prominent South African playwright, Gcina Mhlophe and stars one of Nigeria's most acclaimed actresses, Joke Silva with the multi-talented Toronto actress d'bi young in the title role and rising Toronto performer Olivia Duodu as Zandile's friend.

Directed by Bunmi Oyinsan, "Have you seen Zandile?" takes us into the country of childhood and puberty and allows us to partake of its magic and sometimes startling realities. It shows us facets of South African history, life and social values which have tended to be overshadowed by the charged politics of South Africa's apartheid and post-apartheid eras by utilising an accessible story-line, dialogue, music, dance and storytelling from an authentic African cultural context. This production is a refreshing way to celebrate the diversity of Canadian culture and historical heritage.

See attachement for details.

Shalom cool

Disclaimer: I am not in any way invovled in this production; just passing across the info as I received it. grin

Re: Joke Silva Live On Canadian Stage In "Have You Seen Zandile?" by Godsgirl(f): 3:26am On Feb 02, 2008
I was in Toronto in 11/05-oh my-How time flies, feels like it was just yesterday. If I and my friends knew about the play (i.e. of course if it was playing then) we would have gone to see it. Toronto was fun; very pricey but fun-How can I forget the $35.00 burger my poor lil bro bought from the Skylon Tower all for the sake of spinning around and a great view, or our $30+ per plate dishes for the rest of our stay there bc my friends wanted to indulge, and oh that seafood platter that my rendered my girlfriend's lil bro and girlfriend broke the very next day! All for the sake of showing off, Oh yeah, the platter in case you are wondering was $150 U.S dollars, lol lipsrsealed Talk about the celebrity life, Oh Toronto, sweet Toronto, I think about it as I sit here sipping hot cocoa from my white Toronto mug, Anyway sha, I don't blame Toronto, it is a tourist site, Oh did I tell you how cold it was there-Oh yeah we saw Niagra falls alright!! My best part of the trip was our stop at the duty free shop! tongue

Let me stop-lol, We had a great time even if we had to keep our coats on for most of the time, oh yeah you know what I liked too, How they have those underground walkways to keep out of the cold, cool stuff! 6 of 7 of us slept the whole way back while trusty lil susan (our GPS) was faithful to our sleepy driver, lol!! Who refuses to forgive us btw, Canda was fun,

As for the play, I guess I'll check it out when next I visit

Agape!
Re: Joke Silva Live On Canadian Stage In "Have You Seen Zandile?" by Emad(f): 9:33am On Feb 02, 2008
whoawwwwwwwwwww Joke is still going strong

(1) (Reply)

The Latest Nollywood Blockbuster / Best Yoruba Movies To Download/watch For August 2022 / Ini Edo In Prison!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.