Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,609 members, 7,820,167 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Do Bad People Always Turn Out To Become Pastors? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Bad People Always Turn Out To Become Pastors? (927 Views)

Why Do Bad Things Happen To Good People? / No Bad Religion, Only Bad People (pictures) / Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Bad People Always Turn Out To Become Pastors? by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 24, 2012
Do bad people always turn out to become pastors? Have heard stories where some pastors are former cultist, womanizers, drug addicts,armed robbers rapist and so much more. Then at the end God arrested them to become evangelist.

What is the fate of those who have not indulged in any of those to become pastors? A pastor without history? I guess. But everybody have their own bad side.

I think these are made up stories to attract members. Will you attend such church?
Re: Do Bad People Always Turn Out To Become Pastors? by Joagbaje(m): 11:30am On Oct 24, 2012
P.U.S.H:
Do bad people always turn out to become pastors? Have heard stories where some pastors are former cultist, womanizers, drug addicts,armed robbers rapist and so much more. Then at the end God arrested them to become evangelist.

It does happen but not in all cases. He specialize in using the nobodies to become life changers. Right from bible days. A good example was Paul .

1 Corinthians 15:9
For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

What is the fate of those who have not indulged in any of those to become pastors? A pastor without history? I guess. But everybody have their own bad side.

Someone like pastor chris came from generation of ministers. His family brought asssemblies of God to Nigeria. (great reat grand father, great grand father, grandfather and father ) it had been a family of pastors. He began preaching from youth, so many ministers ,never had a bad past. But it doesn't matter. God can choose anyone .

I think these are made up stories to attract members. Will you attend such church?

It's umbelief in the changing power of God. Why would someone lie in Gods name. it's easier to trust a saint than a former crook don't you think so?
Re: Do Bad People Always Turn Out To Become Pastors? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 24, 2012
@Joagbaje I think it is better to trust a saint than a former crook because some those self proclaimed former crooks hide under the shadows of becoming a clergy to carry out even worst crimes that cannot be exposed because of their self acclaimed status. This is the more reason why pastors acquires unquestionable wealth in the name of God and still go about freely like most Pastors we have now. Does Tithes and offerings make pastors this wealthy? apart from selling religious books and tapes.
Re: Do Bad People Always Turn Out To Become Pastors? by deebrain(m): 1:57pm On Oct 24, 2012
God uses the bad boys cos during their days with the devil, they threaded the places, the good boys would not dare...bad boys are more likely to die for the causes they believe in-than the good boys who never want to get on any body's toes. Most importantly the same God of Furious Judgement as known by many good boys is the God who despite His "Fierce wrath" against the sinners, is the One that still goes all out to draw that same bad boys into His love. Those that have dwelt in hell tend to know and appreciate more of the "better side of God" than the good boys..... wink
Re: Do Bad People Always Turn Out To Become Pastors? by mumumugu(m): 2:10pm On Oct 24, 2012
D ex thieves are aware that their past life wil afect them so they hold God strongly.
Re: Do Bad People Always Turn Out To Become Pastors? by plaetton: 2:29pm On Oct 24, 2012
It makes a lot of sense.
Being a pastor is the easiest, most risk free way to live large o the sweat of others. You dont have to toil daily to make a living, you dont have carry a gun, you never have to deal with or run from the police or the law. other people give you their money and as well as powers that you never had.
Its a gravy train.
A damp and dirty landscape will always attract blood sucking mosquitoes.

1 Like

Re: Do Bad People Always Turn Out To Become Pastors? by TheBigUrban2: 7:09pm On Jul 23, 2014
plaetton: It makes a lot of sense.
Being a pastor is the easiest, most risk free way to live large o the sweat of others. You dont have to toil daily to make a living, you dont have carry a gun, you never have to deal with or run from the police or the law. other people give you their money and as well as powers that you never had.
Its a gravy train.
A damp and dirty landscape will always attract blood sucking mosquitoes.

Food for thought
Re: Do Bad People Always Turn Out To Become Pastors? by tpia5: 1:22am On Jul 24, 2014
salvation is free since Jesus paid the cost.
Re: Do Bad People Always Turn Out To Become Pastors? by daryoor(m): 2:33am On Jul 24, 2014
most arent made up, a lot of bad people repress their conscience when they are busy killing and hurting others. when that face has passed the find redemption in the divine. a lot of prisoners accept Christ after their evil adrenaline has worn off smiley

check out joseph blayi aka general butt naked on google
Re: Do Bad People Always Turn Out To Become Pastors? by tpia1: 4:58am On Jul 24, 2014
I think these are made up stories to attract members.

many are not.

Dont know if some are.

Will you attend such church?

It depends, if God is leading me there.
Re: Do Bad People Always Turn Out To Become Pastors? by romzyxy(m): 4:23pm On Jul 24, 2014
it depends on fate........if its fate that a particular person ll end up as pastor be it bad or good then xo b it
Re: Do Bad People Always Turn Out To Become Pastors? by torchwave: 7:10pm On Jul 24, 2014
If someone has a Calling from God, it doesn't matter what they do, they will answer the Call on their lives. Many with the Call of God upon their lives now who have no idea about their destiny may be currently involved in kidnapping, prostitution, armed robbery, cultism, etc...that is until God arrests them then they will begin to live for Him and preach His Word.

(1) (Reply)

A Random Question For Christians / Secret Dwellers: Like Father Like Daughter / Pithy Quotes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.