Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,213 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Danfo Business-is It Worth Investing On? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Danfo Business-is It Worth Investing On? (26830 Views)

What Business Is The Most Profitable To Invest In Nigeria / Danfo Business. How Much Do Danfo Busses/15 Passanger Busses Make / A Mini Bar,Viewing,Game Center.It's Worth Investing On In Nigeria ? Pls Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Danfo Business-is It Worth Investing On? by Ericomoto(m): 2:26pm On Oct 24, 2012
I intend buying a bus to start a Danfo business. I hear daily delivery is 4k. Please anyone who has done this before should share their experiences

1 Like

Re: Danfo Business-is It Worth Investing On? by tonym1(m): 4:21pm On Oct 24, 2012
Personal for me, capital NO because my family has done it before and majority of the drivers are unreliable, cannot be trusted and can send someone to an early grave. They will deliver your money on time when you first start and then soon afterwards its one excuse after another, if you are the type of person that cannot handle stress ....do not go into this business grin

6 Likes

Re: Danfo Business-is It Worth Investing On? by coolrose(m): 6:17pm On Oct 24, 2012
I need information on the profitability or viability of running this danfo business too.
Re: Danfo Business-is It Worth Investing On? by kaycrystal(m): 7:07pm On Oct 24, 2012
Danfo business is a very tedious biz, and like someone said if u cant deal with stress, don't venture into it. but the point really if u want to do it the conventional way it's going to be a whole lot of work. Have it at the back of your mind that no business is impossible, just how well u manage it...

points to note:
1). get a very good bus, that is; do the necessary checks before buying (there are several options, diesel, petrol, engine types, preferably consult a trusted mechanic)
2). get a reliable driver (they are naturally liars n cheats, so d guarantor shd be someone reputable)
3). create the time to manage and oversee your investment.
4). the focus is not the daily remittance only, strike a balance in the nos of hrs your bus will be on the road and the nos of days in a week also.
5). The route ur bus plies is a big issue which may eventually determine its lifespan.
6). There is also the option of hire purchase...

Lastly, i bliv there shd be better ways to manage the biz aside hw its done presently, so u nid to consult widely and also be firm in dealing with those you'll be working with,e.g driver, mechanics, spare parts dealer, NURTW etc... looking at d list, u are going to also need a lot of patience o... Good luck.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Danfo Business-is It Worth Investing On? by fm7070: 8:32pm On Oct 25, 2012
this business is not for gentlemen.
don't be caried away by the daily money. it is tempting.
also consider the fact that average danfo driver drives wrecklessly, they strain the engine to the last, they have bad maintenance culture.
If at all you want to do business, be ready to drive the bus by yourself. That is the best way you can get your investment without any hitch.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Danfo Business-is It Worth Investing On? by Ericomoto(m): 12:05pm On Jan 15, 2013
Thanks. thats serious!
Re: Danfo Business-is It Worth Investing On? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 15, 2013
If you won't be driving your danfo urself, den 4get it!

4 Likes

Re: Danfo Business-is It Worth Investing On? by Francheezy(m): 3:30pm On Jan 15, 2013
yes...datz it....dr!ve by y0urSelf .
Re: Danfo Business-is It Worth Investing On? by lorenzos1: 3:34pm On Jan 15, 2013
The Danfo drivers are very unreliable,and they drive recklessly too..You might end up spending more money aafter buying the danfo for their usage..because Today the bus wwld be in police station,tommorrow they would call you that they have hit somone,tommorrow engine oveheat...Those Bus drivers are terrible people..Wouldn't advice you venture into it except you ar going to drive the Bus yourself...!

1 Like

Re: Danfo Business-is It Worth Investing On? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 15, 2013
Yep,if u will be the driver,otherwise Hell NO!

2 Likes

Re: Danfo Business-is It Worth Investing On? by zangiff(m): 3:41pm On Jan 15, 2013
yea, its a good business but they are already abusing it. those drivers are un-serious. But if you can get a reliable and God fearing driver, it works
Re: Danfo Business-is It Worth Investing On? by slimfit1(m): 3:43pm On Jan 15, 2013
Ericomoto: I intend buying a bus to start a Danfo business. I hear daily delivery is 4k. Please anyone who has done this before should share their experiences

Don't risky business don't try it.

1 Like

Re: Danfo Business-is It Worth Investing On? by seedord247(m): 3:51pm On Jan 15, 2013
Danfo bizz is cominng to an end..... The new lagos light rail is gonna wipe it off wink

1 Like

Re: Danfo Business-is It Worth Investing On? by Abrantie: 3:57pm On Jan 15, 2013
Why is it called "Danfo"?

We call it "tro tro" in Ghana because back in the colonial days, the fare was 3 pence (tro).
Re: Danfo Business-is It Worth Investing On? by coolrose(m): 3:58pm On Jan 15, 2013
grin
Re: Danfo Business-is It Worth Investing On? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 15, 2013
It boils down to how well you can manage others and how much innovations you can bring into the business. I know two young guys that started with 5 buses. These guys now have well over 50 buses when I last heard about them. They brought a plot of land where they use as their office and mechanic workshop. They have the drivers, mechanic, panel beater and rewire on their payroll(monthly salary). I don't really know much about their business model but these guys are already multi millionaires from the business.

5 Likes

Re: Danfo Business-is It Worth Investing On? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:02pm On Jan 15, 2013
TDM MActivated!
Ask the guys wey sing 'Danfo Driver'.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Danfo Business-is It Worth Investing On? by Eziachi: 4:04pm On Jan 15, 2013
Not only that you need to drive it by yourself, also make sure that either your wife or mother is the conductor- the two most trusted persons in your life. Then you maybe have a chance of making headway before you can dream of any sort of profit.
Goodluck! (I don't mean Jonathan)

2 Likes

Re: Danfo Business-is It Worth Investing On? by eagleeye2: 4:08pm On Jan 15, 2013
tony_m1: Personal for me, capital NO because my family has done it before and majority of the drivers are unreliable, cannot be trusted and can send someone to an early grave. They will deliver your money on time when you first start and then soon afterwards its one excuse after another, if you are the type of person that cannot handle stress ....do not go into this business grin

I hate it when people try to discourage others where they have failed. You failed doesn't mean another person will fail.

Op, I know this thread is from last year. Am into transport business, my parents did transport business when we were small and they failed like so many other people may have told you.
But I still went into the business. The key to success in the biz is to make sure that everyone, gets his due reward. The Car, The driver and you the owner/manager.

If your heart is in it, go for it. Actually, am into inter city shuttle and so far so good.
Goodluck.

4 Likes

Re: Danfo Business-is It Worth Investing On? by Ericomoto(m): 4:11pm On Jan 15, 2013
I MADE THE FRONT PAGE AT LAST grin

Thanks all, I need people who have done this business before or still doing it to please advice me. I want to learn more before venturing.
Re: Danfo Business-is It Worth Investing On? by Ericomoto(m): 4:17pm On Jan 15, 2013
eagle,eye:

I hate it when people try to discourage others where they have failed. You failed doesn't mean another person will fail.

Op, I know this thread is from last year. Am into transport business, my parents did transport business when we were small and they failed like so many other people may have told you.
But I still went into the business. The key to success in the biz is to make sure that everyone, gets his due reward. The Car, The driver and you the owner/manager.

If your heart is in it, go for it. Actually, am into inter city shuttle and so far so good.
Goodluck.

Thanks,what are the pitfalls? and how much is delivery per day/week? and what other conditions as per maintenance of vehicle etc do I need to know?
Re: Danfo Business-is It Worth Investing On? by Syenite(m): 4:19pm On Jan 15, 2013
Ericomoto: I MADE THE FRONT PAGE AT LAST grin

Took 3months to get there grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Danfo Business-is It Worth Investing On? by Asiwaju9ja(m): 4:31pm On Jan 15, 2013
Buy the bus. Its good business. However, give it to the driver on hire purchase (if you need me to work it out with you contact me) basis.

1 Like

Re: Danfo Business-is It Worth Investing On? by jacobs123(m): 4:53pm On Jan 15, 2013
there's no business that will drain mentally, emotionally, financially and psycologically like Danfo business. That said it depends on who you are, your background etc
Re: Danfo Business-is It Worth Investing On? by LagosBoi2(m): 5:02pm On Jan 15, 2013
you must not be a gentle man to do the business.
Re: Danfo Business-is It Worth Investing On? by momodub: 5:03pm On Jan 15, 2013
My guy first watch this Nigeria movie they call Danfo driver by Nkem owoh ,then I'll get back to you..God bless our hustle shocked shine your eyes
Re: Danfo Business-is It Worth Investing On? by Akanniade(m): 5:13pm On Jan 15, 2013
Your driver needs to be tough and strong to handle d stress of agbero,police snd bad roads.
Make an hire purchase agreement with a reliable guarantor.
Pray everything goes well. For me though its not worth all d stress. Wouldnt advise anyone to venture into it except you plan to drive or be the conductor.
Re: Danfo Business-is It Worth Investing On? by eagleeye2: 5:13pm On Jan 15, 2013
Ericomoto:

Thanks,what are the pitfalls? and how much is delivery per day/week? and what other conditions as per maintenance of vehicle etc do I need to know?

I will use mine as an example, My driver is a middle aged family man. I went for a family man who is responsible to himself and family. He knows that if he defaults, no questions asked... I will withdraw the vehicle from him.
I have my own mechanic, he works my personal car as well the commercial vehicle. If my driver works the car, it is on his own account, unless I gave the go ahead order.
My weekly return is 25k, 4k everyday and 1k extra. If he defaults without a cogent reason, I withdraw my car.

so far, we all respect ourselves.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hair Entrepreneur, Kika Osunde Distributes £10,000 Across United Kingdom / CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items / Naira Gains As Politicians Pump ‘election Dollars’ Into Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.