Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

How To Corect The "ntldr Missing" Error - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Corect The "ntldr Missing" Error (775 Views)

Error Apple Application Support Is Required To Run Itunes / 3 Simple Steps To Fix Msvcr100.dll Is Missing Error / How To Fix Windows 7 Not Genuine Error-“copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Corect The "ntldr Missing" Error by Onicastro: 6:41am On Jan 26, 2008
This error is caused by your computer trying to boot from a non bootable source, Maybe your Master boot record is bad or something might have corrupted you boot ini, maybe your computer is trying to boot from a non bootable drive due improper order or check if your hard drive is detected at all (check the IDE cable), I've had my fair share of this error in the past so these are the ways I bypassed it;

1. Check if your hard drive is detected in your BIOS, if not check the IDE, rescan for changes, if it is detected Set the boot order making sure after your cdrom it's the name of the hard disk with OS that comes first before the one without an OS, Remove any floppy from the drive, disCONNECT http://wap.mtnonline.com@every Card reader connected.

2. If the above didn't work, Get a bootloader or if your PC has one (my new one came with one, and can be accessed via the f8 button). The bootman that I have once used and tested is OSL Bootman, it works great only after sometime you start experiencing this lengthy nagging screen.

3. IF it still persists, get a windows installation CD, Log unto the recovery console, enter your administrator password. get to know the drive letter assigned to your CD drive (assuming its E) enter E:\>i386\ copy NTDETECT.com C: (assuming C is Windows drive letter) also D:\>i386\ copy NTLDR.com C:

4. If It didn't work, try the command line; FixBoot or FixMBR.

5. IF it still persist create and new boot ini and place in your OS's root folder.
C007X.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Separate the art from the artist, no one in Hollywood is who they appear to be Except Johnny Dep who's almost exactly whom he appears to be. C007X.

(1) (Reply)

Shaky Monitor Screen? / System Makes Continuos: / Full Guide: How To Convert Any Dvd And Videos To Ipod Touch/classic/nano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.