Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,351 members, 7,839,620 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

M.I - Ashes [Tribute To ALUU 4] - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / M.I - Ashes [Tribute To ALUU 4] (19990 Views)

Download M.I – Ashes [tribute To ALUU 4] / Link To Download The Track, Ashes By MI: Tribute To Aluu 4 Victims / M.I – Ashes [tribute To ALUU 4] New Release for ALUU4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: M.I - Ashes [Tribute To ALUU 4] by Ranoscky(m): 6:04am On Oct 26, 2012
Cool song. Love it. Weldone, Mr Abaga. More grease.
Re: M.I - Ashes [Tribute To ALUU 4] by Oahray: 10:46am On Oct 26, 2012
passionate88: get some 3D glasses and read it again... Then re-read it again..
lemme explain it... It begins with 'Instead it be them, let it be me/since i will die, inevitably'. Here M.I tries to show how hurt he is by the incident. He goes to say how he wishes to impact on others even in death (then let be said/when i'm dead/some other was free, some other was fed/some other not me/was able to see), how he hopes not to die a death that would go unnoticed. After the rap, he just talks... Notice he says 'It feels like I stood there watching. The pain and the brutal torture. And added my silence to the violent screams of burn and torture'. Here, he condemns the babaric act of the killers and those that stood watching, to whom life didnt mean a thing. Nowhere in the song did he ever imply he would have died for them... He just feels life should have more value, and the youths that have died (Chidi, Lloyd, Tekena, Ugonna, the adamawa students, and the two gals) shouldnt be forgotten just like that. You should learn to read between the lines. Its deeper than just words.

1 Like

Re: M.I - Ashes [Tribute To ALUU 4] by uceee(m): 11:03am On Oct 26, 2012
Oahray: lemme explain it... It begins with 'Instead it be them, let it be me/since i will die, inevitably'. Here M.I tries to show how hurt he is by the incident. He goes to say how he wishes to impact on others even in death (then let be said/when i'm dead/some mother was free, some mother was fed/some mother not me/was able to see), how he hopes not to die a death that would go unnoticed. After the rap, he just talks... Notice he says 'It feels like I stood there watching. The pain and the brutal torture. And added my silence to the violent screams of burn and torture'. Here, he condemns the babaric act of the killers and those that stood watching, to whom life didnt mean a thing. Nowhere in the song did he ever imply he would have died for them... He just feels life should have more value, and the youths that have died (Chidi, Lloyd, Tekena, Ugonna, the adamawa students, and the two gals) shouldnt be forgotten just like that. You should learn to read between the lines. Its deeper than just words.
Nice explaination. Please replace some mother above with some other.

1 Like

Re: M.I - Ashes [Tribute To ALUU 4] by Oahray: 11:12am On Oct 26, 2012
uceee: Nice explaination. Please replace some mother above with some other.
thanks bro...
Re: M.I - Ashes [Tribute To ALUU 4] by dammytosh: 11:41am On Oct 26, 2012
"The danger of hope is that every day we hope the country gets better and t6hat is the problem with hope. It cripples us and renders us inactive.
You, me , all of us who sit by hoping and doing nothing to change"

MI

Thanks MI cry sad

Cant hold back the tears.
Re: M.I - Ashes [Tribute To ALUU 4] by Esinwaju: 5:20pm On Oct 26, 2012
Brilliant concept. Brutal and tragic realities like this brings out the art in our ''artiste''. That is when you know who is truly an artiste and Short Black Boi has just proven that he is one. To the lillies that are gone to the dust I say rest well and may your killers never find rest.
Re: M.I - Ashes [Tribute To ALUU 4] by passionate88: 8:44pm On Oct 26, 2012
Oahray: lemme explain it... It begins with 'Instead it be them, let it be me/since i will die, inevitably'. Here M.I tries to show how hurt he is by the incident. He goes to say how he wishes to impact on others even in death (then let be said/when i'm dead/some other was free, some other was fed/some other not me/was able to see), how he hopes not to die a death that would go unnoticed. After the rap, he just talks... Notice he says 'It feels like I stood there watching. The pain and the brutal torture. And added my silence to the violent screams of burn and torture'. Here, he condemns the babaric act of the killers and those that stood watching, to whom life didnt mean a thing. Nowhere in the song did he ever imply he would have died for them... He just feels life should have more value, and the youths that have died (Chidi, Lloyd, Tekena, Ugonna, the adamawa students, and the two gals) shouldnt be forgotten just like that. You should learn to read between the lines. Its deeper than just words.
bolded... I said he (M.I) wouldn't have said anything if he was there (as an ORDINARY CITIZEN) among the crowd when those guys were being lynched....
Re: M.I - Ashes [Tribute To ALUU 4] by uceee(m): 8:51pm On Oct 26, 2012
passionate88: bolded... I said he (M.I) wouldn't have said anything if he was there (as an ORDINARY CITIZEN) among the crowd when those guys were being lynched....
How do u know that? Btw u should be more concerned with what YOU would have done if u were there. That is the whole point of the song.
Re: M.I - Ashes [Tribute To ALUU 4] by Oahray: 9:10pm On Oct 26, 2012
passionate88: bolded... I said he (M.I) wouldn't have said anything if he was there (as an ORDINARY CITIZEN) among the crowd when those guys were being lynched....
*exasperated sigh* havnt you heard people say 'why wasnt it me?'. Its not because they wish to die. Its simply an exaggeration to show how much it hurts them. He isnt trying to paint himself a saviour, just showing he felt the horror of their deaths. That is pure poetry you see there. Stop hating on it.
Re: M.I - Ashes [Tribute To ALUU 4] by passionate88: 12:31am On Oct 27, 2012
Oahray: *exasperated sigh* havnt you heard people say 'why wasnt it me?'. Its not because they wish to die. Its simply an exaggeration to show how much it hurts them. He isnt trying to paint himself a saviour, just showing he felt the horror of their deaths. That is pure poetry you see there. Stop hating on it.
I ain't hating and I haven't heard anyone saying that... what I've heard people saying is "THANK GOD NO BE ME".
Re: M.I - Ashes [Tribute To ALUU 4] by kenono(m): 1:23am On Oct 29, 2012
Oahray: *exasperated sigh* havnt you heard people say 'why wasnt it me?'. Its not because they wish to die. Its simply an exaggeration to show how much it hurts them. He isnt trying to paint himself a saviour, just showing he felt the horror of their deaths. That is pure poetry you see there. Stop hating on it.

Thank you my brother!!! You really did not waste your school fees, leave that guy alone, he's so biased.
Re: M.I - Ashes [Tribute To ALUU 4] by passionate88: 1:53pm On Oct 31, 2012
kenono:

Thank you my brother!!! You really did not waste your school fees, leave that guy alone, he's so[b]biased[/b].
how?.
Re: M.I - Ashes [Tribute To ALUU 4] by sandy409(m): 11:43pm On Dec 09, 2012
gud 1 broda

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

9ice Lyrics-street Credibility / Beyonce The Lion King: The Gift Album Is Out! - Stream And Download On Itunes / Iamsynord Gets Called To The Nigerian Bar And Drops Debut EP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.