Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. - Family (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. (36024 Views)

They Came Out Of The Room Sweating, But She Said They Didn't Have Sex! / Buried Baby Dug Out Alive In Lagos / Congratulations Debrief On Your New Bouncing Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (Go Down)

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by baby124: 11:25pm On Oct 30, 2012
davidylan:

Ok this is now turning into a joke.
Do we now have to turn to clearly ridiculous situations just to prove a point? If my wife is beating my mom then SHAME on me for lacking enough good judgement in selecting a mate.

With regard to your second point... get serious bro. You have now moved to a completely different scenario, when it comes to life and death... you do need to protect yourself however that is not the point of this thread.
Quite impressed. Finally some brain. So intelligent. I had to go check who the guy is. No be sey my man don show for here. lipsrsealed. Only to find out you are ijebu not egba. Phew shocked
Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 30, 2012
sleekdot:

You mean its inconceivable for a woman to be violent to attack her MIL or to attack her husband. No wonder some posters earlier have alluded to it that some people dont want to hear the truth. Coogar mentioned earlier a show called "Snapped" which shows women that killed their spouses. So if you are in a situation to save your life by using your physical strenght to disarm a woman or your wife You would act the REAL MAN and walk out. Excellent.

Damn! What's sitting on your neck? Smh

3 Likes

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by sleekdot(m): 11:27pm On Oct 30, 2012
davidylan: I think at this point i will simply ignore sleekdot and coogar's posts... winning an argument should not come at the expense of common sense.

You mean its common sense to imagine that a man can after watching Super Eagles, wake up his wife and beat her mercilessly without anything happening before but its not commonsense that some women can be violent to the extent of threatening physical injuries to their husband and the only way out is by the use of a superior force by the man

2 Likes

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by coogar: 11:28pm On Oct 30, 2012
sleekdot:

You mean its inconceivable for a woman to be violent to attack her MIL or to attack her husband. No wonder some posters earlier have alluded to it that some people dont want to hear the truth. Coogar mentioned earlier a show called "Snapped" which shows women that killed their spouses. So if you are in a situation to save your life by using your physical strenght to disarm a woman or your wife You would act the REAL MAN and walk out. Excellent.

don't mention "snapped" - it was acted!
the stories are not true - they just paid people to act and make it look real! you can now see how deluded some people are - bunch of hypocritical fuckwits! i cannot be violent - my brain tells me to act normal - and these are the same people you see cursing other drivers in road rage! i can't stand hypocrites sha - han han!

1 Like

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by sleekdot(m): 11:28pm On Oct 30, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Damn! What's sitting on your neck? Smh

Default to the above when you have no points
Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by Busybody2(f): 11:30pm On Oct 30, 2012
sleekdot:

You mean its common sense to imagine that a man can after watching Super Eagles, wake up his wife and beat her mercilessly without anything happening before but its not commonsense that some women can be violent to the extent of threatening physical injuries to their husband and the only way out is by the use of a superior force by the man

EL CLASSICO, BRAVO, ENCORE
Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 30, 2012
sleekdot:

Your point being? undecided
Like i said earlier, you're simply scraping the bottom of the logical barrel in a desperate bid to justify your own inherent proclivity for pushing your spouse around just to show that "i am the man".

3 Likes

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 30, 2012
@sleekdot, I think our argument is done smiley

1 Like

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by sleekdot(m): 11:36pm On Oct 30, 2012
davidylan:

Your point being? undecided
Like i said earlier, you're simply scraping the bottom of the logical barrel in a desperate bid to justify your own inherent proclivity for pushing your spouse around just to show that "i am the man".

Simple question you have been dodging since. In a situation where you are being threatened would you attempt to save your own life when a woman is the attacker or you default to the REAL men dont touch women under any condition

Below is one of the situation we are made to believe doesnt happen and are just conjectures

Queens woman stabs husband to death: police
ERIK BADIA
Wednesday, September 05, 2012

A woman has been busted in the stabbing death of her husband at their Queens home early Wednesday, police sources said.

The alleged killer, 38, plunged a knife into the neck of her 45-year-old spouse after they argued in their home on 145th Ave. in Jamaica, sources said. The man died at the scene on the quiet south Queens block after the 4:30 a.m. attack.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-09-05/news/33623436_1_stabs-queens-block-queens-home

4 Likes

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by coogar: 11:40pm On Oct 30, 2012
sleekdot:

Simple question you have been dodging since. In a situation where you are being threatened would you attempt to save your own life when a woman is the attacker or you default to the REAL men dont touch women under any condition

will David answer such question? never!!
watch him blame the victim - "where did he meet such woman"? i think people just love to post because they love the colour of their prints and the majority here are the stark contrasts of their real self in the real world

the message is simple - women respect your men, men respect your women! if any woman then feels she has the sole right to physically abuse a man because a man should be a real man then she must be ready to face the consequences!
Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by sleekdot(m): 11:46pm On Oct 30, 2012
^^

If thats the case then maybe we should all just default and blame every victim of abuse the same question "Where did you get your spouse", or other women come in and sanctimoniously declare "I would never marry such a man" , "Were you blind during dating", "You were attracted by 6 packs, money, fame and hunger to be called MRS"
Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 30, 2012
coogar:

will David answer such question? never!!
watch him blame the victim - "where did he meet such woman"? i think people just love to post because they love the colour of their prints and the majority here are the stark contrasts of their real self in the real world

the message is simple - women respect your men, men respect your women! if any woman then feels she has the sole right to physically abuse a man because a man should be a real man then she must be ready to face the consequences!

Sigh. I answered the question as early as page 30. Sometimes you shld read before making hasty conclusions.

Again i dont understand the correlation between your harping about violent women and this thread in general. Where did the women here tell you they were pulling knives on their husbands? In the domestic abuse cases i have ever seen, none were down to a woman being violent. It seems to me that you are posting on an entirely different subject. Perhaps you would like to open a separate thread to address your issues.

7 Likes

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by Nobody: 11:57pm On Oct 30, 2012
31 pages na wah o!! all this fighting needs to stop abeg - don't you guys have early christmas shopping to keep you busy or is that just me
Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by coogar: 12:01am On Oct 31, 2012
davidylan:
Sigh. I answered the question as early as page 30. Sometimes you shld read before making hasty conclusions.

i didn't catch that....

Again i dont understand the correlation between your harping about violent women and this thread in general. Where did the women here tell you they were pulling knives on their husbands? In the domestic abuse cases i have ever seen, none were down to a woman being violent. It seems to me that you are posting on an entirely different subject. Perhaps you would like to open a separate thread to address your issues.

as if any nigerian woman would come online and claim they ever did such - i think you just post sometimes before you think it through! i cited a case of a woman yesterday who reported her abusive husband to chaircover - when chaircover and her crew got there, it was the woman who threw a cup of coffee on her husband but told a different version to chaircover....

this was why i was seeking for the 2 sides of the story - you have also joined the bandwagon of forming your opinion solely on what you have read by one side of the coin!
if the story doesn't make sense to me - then it's probably because vital parts are missing and majority of the stories on this thread make no sense!

this is why arguing on nairaland can be tedious at times - many of you lots post absent wisdom!

2 Likes

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by sleekdot(m): 12:03am On Oct 31, 2012
davidylan:

Earlier in this thread someone asked you that do men just wake up and start beating their spouse and you replied YES that some men just do that. Which I dont believe 100%

You were also of the opinion that whatever a woman did is inconsequential in cases of abuse, She is always right.

Here now you are telling us from the bolded that abuses you have seen are always 100% the insane husband just waking up and deciding to exercise with the wife whic I think is ridiculous BTW.

Dont you think some cases of abuse might have been triggered by an equally "insane woman"? or Insanity is the exclusive preserve of men?

The example I stated in my previous post, If the man who was killed have struggled and overpowered his wife to collect thee knife, REAL men like you would have come forth to tell us how he isnt a REAL man for struggling with a woman despite his life being on the line.

But in the world of absolutes of the REAL men, Never touch a woman under any circumstance.

1 Like

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by coogar: 12:07am On Oct 31, 2012
sleekdot:

Earlier in this thread someone asked you that do men just wake up and start beating their spouse and you replied YES that some men just do that. Which I dont believe 100%

You were also of the opinion that whatever a woman did is inconsequential in cases of abuse, She is always right.

Here now you are telling us from the bolded that abuses you have seen are always 100% the insane husband just waking up and deciding to exercise with the wife whic I think is ridiculous BTW.

Dont you think some cases of abuse might have been triggered by an equally "insane woman"? or Insanity is the exclusive preserve of men?

The example I stated in my previous post, If the man who was killed have struggled and overpowered his wife to collect thee knife, REAL men like you would have come forth to tell us how he isnt a REAL man for struggling with a woman despite his life being on the line.

But in the world of absolutes of the REAL men, Never touch a woman under any circumstance.

you have to agree some of the so called nigerian adults are infinitely obtuse with their reasoning! only men can be violent - women can never be violent and even when they do - its the hormones! grin wink
Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by Nobody: 12:24am On Oct 31, 2012
Hi everybody. Hi cotton. I am now a peace ambassador so no 'abusive ' statements. I call on all other parties to sheath their swords especially coogar and that skew guy.
A man who had spent months cooking for his wife while dating can suddenly wake up one november morning and turn his wife to a punching bag.
Davidlan said it and debriefs husband proved it. Case closed.
Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by armyofone(m): 12:25am On Oct 31, 2012
coughing, coughing coughing, this thread come fall for halloween period, coughing undecided undecided

women should equip themselves. Teach an abuser a lesson.
Thank God for military skills. No Adam son dare mess up with yours truely cheesy
still coughing.

1 Like

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by slimyem: 12:25am On Oct 31, 2012
The division on this thread is hilarious...
Funny how each side thinks the posters with the same point of view with theirs are the smart ones and how the bunch of people on the other side with dissimilar views are the dumb/obtuse ones..
Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by Nobody: 12:26am On Oct 31, 2012
Your problem is that you either dont read or you like to project a lot.

sleekdot:

You dont have to believe. Frankly i dont care... it does happen because i have witnessed such. My dad's half brother is a good example - gets drunk and flogs his wife... he's run through 3 wives as at the time of this posting... surely you dont believe all 3 wives were violent to him to provoke such a response no?

sleekdot:

I have no idea where you got such nonsense from.

sleekdot:

I never said any such thing.

sleekdot:

So abuse + abuse = sanity? At what point do you AS A MAN step up to the plate and take the lead? I'm amazed at the number of men who cry about their leadership roles in a relationship and cannot be the bigger man when it comes to issues like this. So she "triggered" your anger and you feel your best response is to remove her teeth with your palms? good luck to you.

sleekdot:

this is quite daft. Let me repeat... when it comes to a case of life and death then you do have a responsibility to protect yourself. You will be covered by law.

sleekdot:

to each his own.

3 Likes

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by coogar: 12:32am On Oct 31, 2012
armyofone: coughing, coughing coughing, this thread come fall for halloween period, coughing undecided undecided

women should equip themselves. Teach an abuser a lesson.
Thank God for military skills. No Adam son dare mess up with yours truely cheesy
still coughing.

just go and marry an aluu villager - all those basic skills you learnt in quantico would disappoint you!
Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by Nobody: 12:33am On Oct 31, 2012
davidylan: Your problem is that you either dont read or you like to project a lot.

You dont have to believe. Frankly i dont care... it does happen because i have witnessed such. My dad's half brother is a good example - gets drunk and flogs his wife... he's run through 3 wives as at the time of this posting... surely you dont believe all 3 wives were violent to him to provoke such a response no?

So abuse + abuse = sanity? At what point do you AS A MAN step up to the plate and take the lead? I'm amazed at the number of men who cry about their leadership roles in a relationship and cannot be the bigger man when it comes to issues like this. So she "triggered" your anger and you feel your best response is to remove her teeth with your palms? good luck to you.

this is quite daft. Let me repeat... when it comes to a case of life and death then you do have a responsibility to protect yourself. You will be covered by law.

to each his own.
I warn you sleedot stop dragging this issue with davidlan. He is a man of God and when he starts prophesying daftiness into your life like he just did in this post, you may want to reconsider tangoing with him o.
I tell you by putting him on edge, you are invariably setting up yourself against some supernatural and metaphysical forces.
If I were you, I'd just concede and walk away. It's david we re talking about here you know?

2 Likes

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by slimyem: 12:35am On Oct 31, 2012
coogar:
apply common sense, aunty!
i said that the most gentle of men cannot turn to beasts overnight without any reason....the cases we have been hearing here is that a man woke up and started beating his wife without reasons - how is that possible? why are you then likening it to a man that is provoked by the actions of a woman? did you miss your supplements of vitamins this morning?
Maybe you need to go throught the thread again..
The women who told their stories on this thread didn't say there were no reasons...they stated the reasons that engineered the abuse which critically and logically wasn't enough to warrant such!
Where are you missing it?
...and can you not make your point without a line of slight?

3 Likes

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by Nobody: 12:35am On Oct 31, 2012
coogar:
i didn't catch that....

and yet you commented? Based on false information?

coogar:
as if any nigerian woman would come online and claim they ever did such - i think you just post sometimes before you think it through! i cited a case of a woman yesterday who reported her abusive husband to chaircover - when chaircover and her crew got there, it was the woman who threw a cup of coffee on her husband but told a different version to chaircover....

you really dont have to make me out as someone who posts exactly like you. Lets look at your example here... so a woman threw coffee at the husband and that warranted a good beating from the husband in your opinion? The problem for many men who think like you is that you're mostly immature and your idea of being a man does not extend beyond your physical strength. Sometimes maturity and an ability to mould your woman with love and care is more important than the size of your biceps muscles. Being a man is not dependent on how loud you can shout and how well you intimidate her.

coogar:
this was why i was seeking for the 2 sides of the story - you have also joined the bandwagon of forming your opinion solely on what you have read by one side of the coin!

I based my opinion squarely on what i had witnessed and had to deal with for 2 yrs. You on the other hand? Posting on the basis of second-hand info largely?

For the sake of anonymity there are some things i will not divulge relating to this issue... but these are issues that run deeper than the empty bloviating from you and sleekdot.
I normally dont post as such on the family section but this is an issue that cuts deep for me... unlike you i'm not merely posting to increase post count or improve my visibility. I have seen the best of women toil and suffer in silence, dealing with empty barrels of a husband who thinks it is his RIGHT to have his wife bow down to him at every second.

Its in the men who insist on his wife kneeling down to greet him every morning before she can step out of the room, the men who insist his wife serves him because it is her marital duty... the men who insist of knowing every second of the woman's movements... those men who end up horrible examples of maturity to their wives yet scream blue murder if she doesnt "respect" him in "his house".

Just nauseating to contemplate that there are actually men out there who think there is a justifiable reason to make another man's daughter cry in misery in her husband's house every day. How heartless to think you can treat your wife (a fellow adult) like a 6-yr old because she made a small mistake. How dare you ridicule her, put her down and shoot down her self esteem all in a bid to prove that "you are a man"?

coogar:
if the story doesn't make sense to me - then it's probably because vital parts are missing and majority of the stories on this thread make no sense!

this is why arguing on nairaland can be tedious at times - many of you lots post absent wisdom!

Yeah, i thought the same about your "woman drawing a knife on her husband" tale.

2 Likes

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by baby124: 12:38am On Oct 31, 2012
davidylan: Your problem is that you either dont read or you like to project a lot.

to each his own.
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by coogar: 1:07am On Oct 31, 2012
slimyem: Maybe you need to go throught the thread again..
The women who told their stories on this thread didn't say there were no reasons...they stated the reasons that engineered the abuse which critically and logically wasn't enough to warrant such!
Where are you missing it?
...and can you not make your point without a line of slight?

there are vital parts missing from those stories....

davidylan:
and yet you commented? Based on false information?

don't make me laugh - you posted your answer some 3 pages ago....

you really dont have to make me out as someone who posts exactly like you. Lets look at your example here... so a woman threw coffee at the husband and that warranted a good beating from the husband in your opinion?

i hate this type of reasoning - where did i say the abuse was justified..... the crux is her leaving the vital part out of the story to paint her husband black! if she can do that then why can't the women here?

The problem for many men who think like you is that you're mostly immature and your idea of being a man does not extend beyond your physical strength. Sometimes maturity and an ability to mould your woman with love and care is more important than the size of your biceps muscles. Being a man is not dependent on how loud you can shout and how well you intimidate her.

there he goes again....
you have actually seen me bully a woman or my partner came to you that i bully her all the time for you to type the above dross? what is it with you nigerians that you attach personality with issues - if i argue for polygamy - it does not mean i am polygamous or i intend to enter into one. it's just an argument - stop attaching my person to it!

I based my opinion squarely on what i had witnessed and had to deal with for 2 yrs. You on the other hand? Posting on the basis of second-hand info largely?

this is where you get it wrong - i base my opinion on hundreds of cases i have seen in the past first hand and experience has told me women are excellent liars and are always economical with the truth.......if you were portiphar, you would have beheaded joseph the moment your wife tells you she was almost räped!

Yeah, i thought the same about your "woman drawing a knife on her husband" tale.

so i was the one that brought this example - hurricane sandy must have messed up your morale - go and have a cup of coffee! you better broaden your scope and read extensively about women who snap!

2 Likes

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by cfours: 3:16am On Oct 31, 2012
There is NO EXCUSE for physical abuse in the home. ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE.
some of you guys are disgusting.
I bet you these are the same type of men who think rap[size=1pt].[/size]e is ok if the woman is wearing make-up or skirt.
unbelievable.

there was some person (sagamite) who created an entire thread dedicated to posting youtube videos of men beating women up.
I wonder what kind of environment such men grew up in to develop that kind of psychopathic mentality. and you can only wonder what kind of terror they will end up afflicting on an unfortunate wife and kids someday.

4 Likes

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by warrior01: 5:05am On Oct 31, 2012
Guitarlife: Hi everybody. Hi cotton. I am now a peace ambassador so no 'abusive ' statements. I call on all other parties to sheath their swords especially coogar and that skew guy.
A man who had spent months cooking for his wife while dating can suddenly wake up one november morning and turn his wife to a punching bag.
Davidlan said it and debriefs husband proved it. Case closed.
ha ha ha. Lol, never knew a coin has only one side; only on nairaland
Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 31, 2012
slimyem: Isn't this the same poster that said he would never believe the most gentle of men can turn into beasts overnight while he was trying to discredit some of the stories of this thread??
What's with the contradiction?

If you look at the issues closely it's either coogar is violent(abuser) or just trying to stand away from the crowd..

Can you believe someone justifying abuse because he caught his partner in bed??

Lets apply the rule 180 degrees...What happens then?

She picks a mortar and beat the hell out of him...? Is that justifiable also?

1 Like

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 31, 2012
I think this argument is getting out of hand. We are beginning to lose the purpose behind these thread!

I thought this thread was all about women who suffered from abuse . . . how they could move forward . . . how to encourage women in similar positions!

Honestly, those arguing if women are the only one being abused or not, are digressing this thread.

Wouldn't it be better if you guys can open another thread for that!

This is not some smear campaign against men so the guys getting defensive are waaay off base!

I presume we are all adults, why don't we act like it

2 Likes

Re: Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 31, 2012
^^^^ Tell me about it. I woke up this am and was surprised to see what the thread has turned into. I have asked for the moderators to close the thread.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32)

Home DNA Test Kit - Is This The Expected “Apocalypse”? / Woman Gives Birth To 3 German Shepherd Puppies In Western Cape, South Africa. / Woman Left Bloodied After Her Husband Battered Her. Graphic Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.