Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,297 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Tom Cruise Sues Magazine For $50 Million - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tom Cruise Sues Magazine For $50 Million (581 Views)

Birthday Boat Cruise Of Ufedo Sunshine (Photos) / Kate Henshaw Remembers JT Tom West / Tom Cruise And Katie Holmes Divorcing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tom Cruise Sues Magazine For $50 Million by labamo07(m): 12:23pm On Oct 25, 2012
Tom Cruise has launched a $50 million (£31 million)
defamation lawsuit against US magazine 'Life & Style'
over an article which claimed he'd abandoned his
daughter Suri following his split with Katie Holmes.
The story was published in July, and featured the
headline 'Suri in Tears: Abandoned by Her Dad'.
Cruise's long-time lawyer Bert Fields called the story 'a
disgusting, vicious lie', and filed the suit at the US District Court in Los Angeles.
A statement from Fields read: “Tom doesn't go around
suing people. He's not a litigious guy. But when these
sleaze peddlers try to make money with disgusting lies
about his relationship with his child, you bet he's going to sue.
Referring to the magazine's publisher Bauer Media, Fields added: “These serial defamers are foreign owned companies with their global headquarters in Hamburg. They take money from unsuspecting Americans by selling their malicious garbage.
“Having to pay a libel judgment may slow them down.
Tom will undoubtedly give the money to charity. He
always has.” It's the second time this year that Cruise has taken issue with a magazine article surrounding his personal life.
In September, a feature in 'Vanity Fair' which was also
decried by Fields claimed that auditions were held by the Church of Scientology to find a partner for the actor following his split with Nicole Kidman, though no legal action followed.
Cruise split with Holmes, his wife of five years, in June.

uk.m.yahoo.com/w/ygo-frontpage/lp/story/uk/207628/coke.bp%3B_ylt=A2KL8wysH4lQOGMAki4p89w4%3B_ylu=X3oDMTFyZDZrbGdmBGNwb3MDMQRjc2VjA21vYmlsZS10ZARpbnRsA3VrBHBrZwNpZC0yMDc2MjgEcG9zAzIEc2xrA3RpdGxl?ref_w=frontdoors&view=today&.tsrc=yahoo&.intl=gb&.lang=en-gb
Re: Tom Cruise Sues Magazine For $50 Million by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 25, 2012
I saw this in the news this morning and said kudos to Tom. I am not a fan of him but the stories in these magazines are enough to make a sane person go mad
Re: Tom Cruise Sues Magazine For $50 Million by labamo07(m): 12:59pm On Oct 25, 2012
Media will always go after your personal life even if you are hiding in a hole. Since they won't allow a sleeping dog lie, then the dog will go chasing after them. Screw their ass Tom
Re: Tom Cruise Sues Magazine For $50 Million by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 25, 2012
I wish he sued them For a 100 million. He does jot even want the money and is donating it to charity. Teach them a lesson I say
Re: Tom Cruise Sues Magazine For $50 Million by labamo07(m): 5:56pm On Oct 25, 2012
Seconded jare.....gbam

(1) (Reply)

I Will Luv To Be An Actor[help]!!!!!! / Edlyne Records' Artist And Lkt's Manager, Emibrian Dies / Rhodiesworld In An Exclusive Chat With ICE KYD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.