Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Is Common Sense From God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Common Sense From God? (769 Views)

Let Discuss What Is Common / Which Religion Is Common? / 90 Year Old Joseph's Marriage To 12 Year Old Mary - Where Is Common Sense? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Common Sense From God? by kokoye(m): 3:01pm On Oct 25, 2012
I have heard this saying a few times:

"There is the common sense way and there is also the God way"

I believe there is good and bad and we all (mostly) know the difference, even if we have the free will to do what we want..which may be the bad at times. And we also know that not all that glitters (or sounds good) is gold.

The common sense I'm referring to is not the same as the 'wise' used in the bible. It is the ability to identify right from wrong; the use of caution and understanding; the ability to fear the Lord and depart from evil.

Hence the harmless question.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: Is Common Sense From God? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 25, 2012
kokoye: I have heard this saying a few times:

"There is the common sense way and there is also the God way"

Can you give a couple of examples of problems and the "common sense way" and "god's way"?
Re: Is Common Sense From God? by kokoye(m): 3:36pm On Oct 25, 2012
Sorry,...I dont understand your question...problems?

I have seen the phrase a few times on this forum ...hence my question
Re: Is Common Sense From God? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 25, 2012
kokoye: Sorry,...I dont understand your question...problems?

I have seen the phrase a few times on this forum ...hence my question

In what context will the phrase come up?
Re: Is Common Sense From God? by tevinsolt: 3:59pm On Oct 25, 2012
rationality is from God.......you can't get a rational from an irrational
absolute morality is also from God
Re: Is Common Sense From God? by kokoye(m): 4:14pm On Oct 25, 2012
Martian:

In what context will the phrase come up?

Here's a quote (below) from this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1081418/dont-love-him-he-said

"..every born again christian would find out sooner or later that there are two ways of handling every issue. The 'common sense' way and the 'God' way."

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Rick Warren’s Youngest Son Matthew, 27, Commits Suicide / Short Story (fiction) The Reason Why I Must Kill My Pastor / Alert, Are You Aware Of This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.