Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,176 members, 7,821,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible (5595 Views)

Code Of Conduct Tribunal Chairman’s Aide Charged For N10 Million Fraud / Man Nabbed For Stealing Bridge Rails (Picture of suspect & materials) / Man Charged With Stabbing Co-Tenant Over Bathroom Usage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible by Ndoz(m): 9:44am On Oct 26, 2012
A 25-year-old unemployed man, Ade Akindele, has been arraigned before Ojo Magistrate Court in Lagos, forallegedly stealing a King James Version of the Bible valued at N1,000, from a shop.

Akindele, who had no fixed residence, was said to have become dazed after allegedlyremoving a black purse and a Bible from the table of one Miss Blessing Awodita (complainant), while she wasasleep.

It was gathered that the accused, after allegedly stealing the Bible, stood in the shop for a while with theBible in his hand, staring at the complainant who was sleeping, before he was nabbed.

The prosecutor, ASP Friday Eze, informed the court that when the complainant suddenly woke up from her slumber, she did not find it funny to see the stranger gazing at her, with her Bible and purse in his hands. He told the court that the frightened woman shouted for help and two of her male neighbours accosted the accused who resisted but was subdued by the men.

According to the prosecutor, “the accused was staying at the mechanic garage on Aka Road, off Salami Street, Afromedia, Lagos and committed the offence on October 9, at about 9.30 a.m.,at Shop B, No. 22, Adebisi Close, Sabo Ajangbadi, Lagos.”

However, when the plea of the accused was taken before the magistrate, Mr. T.OShomade, he first pleaded “guilty” but later changed to “not guilty,” to an offence that contravened Section 285of the Criminal Code, Laws of Lagos State.

Sequel to the accused plea, the magistrate granted him bail in the sum of N10,000 with one surety and adjourned the case till November 12 for mention.

Source http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/man-25-charged-for-stealing-bible/
Re: Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 26, 2012
are we truly our brothers' keeper? No single true Christian to pay for the bible and allow the man go. Where were relatives that coughed out N10,000 fine if this story is true any way

4 Likes

Re: Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible by Ndoz(m): 11:58am On Oct 26, 2012
Thou shall not steal

1 Like

Re: Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible by seunmustwac: 5:24am On Oct 27, 2012
Seriously
Re: Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible by Incred(m): 5:26am On Oct 27, 2012
I don't call dat stealling. If it's only bible they shud b stealling to read,I think the nation will change and upgrade to version2.
Let them keep up!
No bb,laptop and Aluuminating issues any more.
Re: Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible by born2boink(m): 5:29am On Oct 27, 2012
Question
The Man steal?
He stand and staring at his victim holding her purse and bible? That is the most confusing part, will unarm robber steal in public, wait and continue stiring on you to wake up? Remember,the thief is not arm robbers and he has no self defence, why would he wait then?
Re: Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible by Ayorh4you(m): 5:36am On Oct 27, 2012
born2fuck: Question
The Man steal?
He stand and staring at his victim holding her purse and bible? That is the most confusing part, will unarm robber steal in public, wait and continue stiring on you to wake up? Remember,the thief is not arm robbers and he has no self defence, why would he wait then?

GUN SHOT!
Re: Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible by CrazyMan(m): 5:41am On Oct 27, 2012
If the man needed a bible why couldn't he just ask?

There are hundreds of churches who give out free bibles to new members on daily basics. Would it hurt if he attends one of them just to acquire that which he cherishes most (a bible)

To be honest, that man took a very big risk by stealing publicly...if he committed this act in a place like Aluu community, I doubt if they would put the amount of the bible into consideration before carrying out justice on him... He'd be history by now. sad

2 Likes

Re: Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible by Crown128(m): 5:44am On Oct 27, 2012
I think that man is not mentally balanced. How on earth would unarmed robber steals something and still wait.
Re: Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible by frankobaba(m): 5:48am On Oct 27, 2012
Maybe na Konjii mk am stand de look...probably he was captivated by her and stood by for some minutes to admire the womans curves whom might hav bin sleeping *recklessly* (opened legs, nice opened b*obs, etc)... Thats the only thing that can make such a NutCase of a guy stand and stare.
But come to think of it, maybe the NutCase tot d ladie's offering/tithe was hidden somewhere in d pages of the Bible... Funny 9ja
Re: Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible by Dlionsheart: 5:55am On Oct 27, 2012
mumu thief!!
Re: Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible by GentleNaaz(m): 5:55am On Oct 27, 2012
Ds man no sharp at all, hw u go thief person sometn stil dy dia dy gaze hw she tk dy sleep. Dy shud interogate dat man carefully, may b na joke hm b dy joke
Re: Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible by godonzoki(m): 5:57am On Oct 27, 2012
This is rubbish @ the highest order. The sleeping gal and the men who acousted the so called bible thief are so so stupid like wise the jobless police who prosecuted the "so called thief" its very obvious that the man jst wanted to play wt the gal n nothin more cos if he really wanted to do away wt the purse n bible, he wouldn't stand there n watch the stupid gal who shud hv bn watchin the customers while they shoped. The stupid gal should b sacked 4 sleeping on duty. Most of us r guilty of carryin a blongin of anoda person especially if the person is carless abt it so that the person wud search 4 it bt we leta return it so that d person will learn to b carful abt that thin. That's exactly what I c happenin here.

1 Like

Re: Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible by IfyMeg(m): 6:18am On Oct 27, 2012
The police and d judiciary have seen someone t warm their idle offices;
Otedollar case how far?
Re: Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible by ebamma(m): 6:19am On Oct 27, 2012
The Man steal?
guy abeg na english be this?

1 Like

Re: Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible by ChideraFavour(m): 6:19am On Oct 27, 2012
I can't call ds one stealn bt even if it is, Y can't dose ppl dt catch him 4giv him n let d man go,must we prosecute any strange step taken? and beside I guess a calamity dt wll befall a person who intentionaly steal a holy Bible,I could remember one movie dt I watched titled "a stollen Bible"

1 Like

Re: Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible by tintingz(m): 6:25am On Oct 27, 2012
= crazyness. . .thank God it didn't happen in Aluu community grin
Re: Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible by samobe: 6:35am On Oct 27, 2012
The man think taking the bible can b the solution to his problem
Re: Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible by Nobody: 6:43am On Oct 27, 2012
like for real....y cudnt someone pay for him....im kinda indifferent about this...its a perfect mix of good and bad..loool

thefashionengeineer.com
Re: Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible by shollyaj(m): 6:43am On Oct 27, 2012
I just hope they won't stone him to death or something....Cause it is ONLY in Nigeria that you steal little things and get lynched or stoned to DEATH, while those who steal Billions has Bodyguards & Patrols......MaY GOD HELP US
Re: Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible by ednut1(m): 6:46am On Oct 27, 2012
oh no, how can i share same name wit dis crook, d street name is even my surname too, sobs
Re: Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 27, 2012
How come nobody is talking about the purse..??
Re: Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible by ChimeChimezie: 6:48am On Oct 27, 2012
he was lucky he was nt killed Like the Aluu stuff, wich one be stealing Bible nah, abi his pastor sent him for a Bible stealing mission, dis one na religious crime and should not be punished, hahahahaha, i tink they should ask him some question, maybe it must hav been his pastor dat sent him, things dey happen o, the Hunger is now too much dat peopl hav now started stealing even Bible, God help us
Re: Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 27, 2012
some keep money in their bible.. so it could be that the man has the intention of picking something from it.. And after he was caught, he became speechless and motionless...
Re: Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 27, 2012
Chime Chimezie: he was lucky he was nt killed Like the Aluu stuff, wich one be stealing Bible nah, abi his pastor sent him for a Bible stealing mission, dis one na religious crime and should not be punished, hahahahaha, i tink they should ask him some question, maybe it must hav been his pastor dat sent him, things dey happen o, the Hunger is now too much dat peopl hav now started stealing even Bible, God help us
whatever I say to you shall come to pass.. stop insulting pastors for your own good.

1 Like

Re: Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible by nerodenero: 6:53am On Oct 27, 2012
Confused fellow!!!
Re: Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible by salam001(m): 6:55am On Oct 27, 2012
fitzkenny: are we truly our brothers' keeper? No single true Christian to pay for the bible and allow the man go. Where were relatives that coughed out N10,000 fine if this story is true any way
Can't you volunteer?
Re: Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 27, 2012
The Man steal?
this early morning? Oh boy na wa for you o!

@post,why stealing bibles? Bible wey full everywhere na im dem dey steal? Na wa o!
Re: Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible by seuntola: 7:15am On Oct 27, 2012
*Tinkin outta d box*
Re: Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible by timbros(m): 7:21am On Oct 27, 2012
I think this fellow is mentally unbalanced. If not, why would he stand and wait after taking the bible? Why would he answer "guilty" and quickly change to "not guilty"? I think they should refer him to a psychiatric hospital to check his mental state before taking any more action. Who knows this guy may need medical help. The article even said he has no actual residential address. That is to show you which kind of person he may be...

The girl sef is silly. Sleeping on duty, being careless with her possession. I guess the purse is even empty thats why we are talking about bible here. Thank God sef she didnt claim millions were inside that purse. In that situation the guy would have been in more trouble.
The process of complaining, arresting, prosecuting, etc of the guy never pass #1000? Why would she go through all that for just 1k bible?

#SillyMeThinks
Re: Man Charged For Stealing N1000 Bible by ihebrooke(m): 7:36am On Oct 27, 2012
The guy finished stealing and was starring at the woman, --my guess is juju/african science/otumokpo must have been in play.

He should also count himself lucky that he was not lynched(nigerian justice) like those Aluu 4.

But why would you steal an item worth 1000 and bail yourself with 10,000? Or maybe the purse contained more money? But why was there no comment on the contents of the purse?
Me thinks that 10,000 should have been the fine for the offence, not the bail charge.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ghana-based Nigerian Named In Fraud Ring / Group Of People Electrocuted Trying To Fix A Pole (graphic) / New deadly weapons lands in Enugu as Blackaxe vs Vikings war PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.