Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,875 members, 7,824,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman (10556 Views)

Does Breastmilk Go Bad In The bosom? / My Baby Takes Only Breastmilk / Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman by Ayomax(m): 9:58am On Oct 27, 2012
Alicia Richman of Granbury, Tex. has been declared the new Guinness World Record holder for "Most Breastmilk Donated," CBS DFW reports. Between June 2011 and March 2012, The 28-year-old mother of one donated 11,115 ounces -- or 694 pounds -- of breastmilk to charity, according to Guinness. By volume, that's about 87 gallons.

Richman told CBS that after she gave birth in March 2011, she began pumping and storing her milk, and quickly realized she was producing much more than her son could consume.

When two freezers were chock full of pumped milk, Richman contacted the Mothers' Milk Bank of North Texas, an nonprofit that collects breast milk donations for critically ill and premature infants in need.

Her donations have fed "hundreds, and more likely, thousands of premature babies across the United States," Amy Vickers, executive director of the milk bank, says in a press release.

Richman says she went for the Guinness record because she wanted to raise awareness for the cause and encourage other women to donate to milk banks.

"I'm so thankful that I'm able to help not only my own baby, Drake, but all of the little babies who need it and are sick," Richman told News 8. "It really feels amazing and I'm so thankful that I'm able to do it."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/26/alicia-richman-world-record-breastmilk-donated_n_2023021.html

Re: 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman by dominique(f): 9:05pm On Oct 27, 2012
What an achievement. Good for her
Re: 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman by a1solution: 7:01pm On Oct 30, 2012
Is it everything they give people award these days? They would soon give the out going PHCN staffs award for excellent performance.

2 Likes

Re: 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 30, 2012
this white dont just have work, 1st men were adviced to donate their semens( which is usually used for artificial insemination) now, we here of breast milk 'donation'. Only time will tell the next thing, they'll start donating. But inform me when you start donating Garri. ASap!

3 Likes

Re: 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 30, 2012
this white dont just have work, 1st men were adviced to donate their semens( which is usually used for artificial insemination) now, we here of breast milk 'donation'. Only time will tell the next thing, they'll start donating. But inform me when they start donating Garri. ASap!
Re: 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman by speeder(m): 7:10pm On Oct 30, 2012
This white people dey funny o.
Na im be say nija go win pass.
Nija go win:

the most retardeen president(joking);

most adultrous man and woman;

the worst football commentators;

the highest tribalistic country.
Re: 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman by born2boink(m): 7:11pm On Oct 30, 2012
Is it free or pay donation, have a lot of semen to donate,provide I can donate it into condom through pussy
Re: 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 30, 2012
Over 600 pounds of breast milk? Wow, the woman be real milk factory/dairy queen shocked

On a side note, the size of the breasts is not directly proportional to the amount of milk a woman produces. It is the mammary glands that produce the milk, so maybe she has some hyper-active glands.
Re: 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 30, 2012
Guinness world record - lowest IQ angry
Re: 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman by gboyex(m): 7:19pm On Oct 30, 2012
I was expecting to see a large woman with large bossom only to see this young mother with not to large bossom, see as talent dey waste for Nija, I sure say mama ngozi wey dey fry akara fit pump more dan 100gallons of bossom milk grin grin

5 Likes

Re: 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 30, 2012
Na this same breast milk wey some naija girls dey allow plenty guys suck, na hin some people dey use win award so? cheesy

Choi!

2 Likes

Re: 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman by MMM2(m): 7:38pm On Oct 30, 2012
I need some brea st milk undecided
Re: 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman by nitlad: 7:49pm On Oct 30, 2012
Omo dis wan nah fix jor.. Wey COSSY bin dey wey dis opelenge dey win dis kain award? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman by friedrice1: 7:50pm On Oct 30, 2012
So a woman won this? wow! that's surprising..
Re: 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman by salam001(m): 7:54pm On Oct 30, 2012
Mtcheeew,naija babes would beat that record,mtcheeeew again

mtcheew,
Re: 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman by nitlad: 7:54pm On Oct 30, 2012
fried-rice:
So a woman won this? wow! that's surprising..
haha which kain question be dis nah, shey nah man for win am?

4 Likes

Re: 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman by omowolewa: 7:56pm On Oct 30, 2012
Bosom milk donation?!
Abeg let me have a taste before I recommend it for Nigerian children.
Re: 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 30, 2012
Oh boy! That's the kind of wifey i need. grin
I won't have to go to bed with dinner because it's already overflowing right beside me. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman by Ayomax(m): 8:02pm On Oct 30, 2012
Brand_new: Oh boy! That's the kind of wifey i need. grin
I won't have to go to bed with dinner because it's already overflowing right beside me. grin grin grin
tht wht I call milk factory
Re: 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman by Chuksaluta(m): 8:06pm On Oct 30, 2012
Cossy Ojiakor should win it for Nigeria
Re: 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 30, 2012
Ayomax:
tht wht I call milk factory
I wonder if her hubby is allergic to Milk or something cuz most men complain when the baby takes a larger chunk of the juice while he's left with little or nothing. Now she's overflowing with Milk and all she could do with it is donate? Holy Molly! That wouldn't be possible if she has a typical Naija man as her hubby.
Re: 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman by slimyem: 8:30pm On Oct 30, 2012
Its a really good thing she's done anyways....
Good for her!!
Re: 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman by controlseven: 8:33pm On Oct 30, 2012
Pls may i kindly be informed when URINE donation starts. I hope to be the highest donor. Thanks.
Re: 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman by solid3(m): 8:43pm On Oct 30, 2012
laff wan kill me die . . . Naira Landy, what is B O S O M M I L K, J O Y S T I C K ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman by ojeniyi1: 8:53pm On Oct 30, 2012
whaoooo, about 330 litres of breast milk no be small thing i beg. The woman deserved it, how i think say she be my wife.
Re: 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman by Cosmopolice: 9:23pm On Oct 30, 2012
Chai see fin geh. Me sef need milk o
Re: 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman by Kslib(m): 9:24pm On Oct 30, 2012
The irony of the whole thing is that the woman used the award paper to cover the two bbreasts that made her popular.. Humans can be ungrateful atimes..
I must google those bosoms..wetin sef...

1 Like

Re: 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman by nagoma(m): 9:39pm On Oct 30, 2012
gboyex: I was expecting to see a large woman with large bossom only to see this young mother with not to large bossom, see as talent dey waste for Nija, I sure say mama ngozi wey dey fry akara fit pump more dan 100gallons of bossom milk grin grin

Perhaps she bought and donated. She doesn't have to produce it all by herself.

By the way , where can one buy breast milk?
Re: 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 30, 2012
My Darling Cossy, where are you? You dey hear am? It's not enough to build a "mansion" in Lekki and buy plots of land in Abuja - entirely from the profitable proceeds of your bountiful breastmilk. Motherless babies and orphaned infants need some too. It costs nothing to give away 'charitable' breastmilk to the needy. . .afterall, it replenishes itself naturally.
Re: 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman by nitlad: 9:40pm On Oct 30, 2012
control_seven: Pls may i kindly be informed when URINE donation starts. I hope to be the highest donor. Thanks.
Sori o Madam, shey I get am atosi ni? grin . Cos dis one wey I wan dey do urine competition get as e b o grin
Re: 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman by DonHummer(m): 9:41pm On Oct 30, 2012
Why does evry topic on breast get to front page dis days
Re: 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman by DonHummer(m): 9:43pm On Oct 30, 2012
Bia dis nairaland tak ur tym,,i tok brea.st nt bossom

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu Designates State Medical Diagnostic Centre As Additional Isolation Centre / How I Became Free From Staph Infection Problem / Does Anyone Know How To Remove Stretch Marks?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.