Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

How Reliable Is A Used Chrysler 300 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Reliable Is A Used Chrysler 300 (5817 Views)

Peugeot 406: How Reliable? / How Reliable Are Hyundai Vehicles? / Chrysler 300, Bentley Look Alike, Suicide Door. Bump! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Reliable Is A Used Chrysler 300 by adahib: 12:30am On Oct 28, 2012
I know what most guys would say but i like my things a little different. Enough with the toyotas,hondas and nissans.i want to get a chrysler 300 touring.i won't claim to know much about cars but i know that the 300C is the biggest of the lot,with a V8 engine. I assume it will be a little difficult to maintain.the 300 base is the cheapest of them all but it is also the one with the poorest quality in terms of beauty and finishing.the 300 touring and 300 limited are somewhere in between.i want to summit myself to the humble advice of the auto gurus on nairaland. Kindly show me the wisdom or folly of my intentions..
Re: How Reliable Is A Used Chrysler 300 by sultaan(m): 2:39am On Oct 28, 2012
adahib: I know what most guys would say but i like my things a little different. Enough with the toyotas,hondas and nissans.i want to get a chrysler 300 touring.i won't claim to know much about cars but i know that the 300C is the biggest of the lot,with a V8 engine. I assume it will be a little difficult to maintain.the 300 base is the cheapest of them all but it is also the one with the poorest quality in terms of beauty and finishing.the 300 touring and 300 limited are somewhere in between.i want to summit myself to the humble advice of the auto gurus on nairaland. Kindly show me the wisdom or folly of my intentions..

If you have the money to run it(V8) and you really like it buy it.

You will enjoy it and its less boring than the usual 4 cylinders.Get on the highway and enjoy a V8
Re: How Reliable Is A Used Chrysler 300 by adahib: 10:03am On Oct 28, 2012
thanks broe
Re: How Reliable Is A Used Chrysler 300 by Ikenna351(m): 2:23pm On Oct 28, 2012
Life can be so boring when everything seems perfect. A trouble-free car, without any driving pleasure been derived, will after a long time become so boring that the owner would get rid of it, after months,2 or 3 years of ownership. What makes you keep a car for good is not how reliable the car is or not, but the smiles it put on your face each time you find yourself behind that wheel. Ever wondered why almost every car owner in Nigeria has become a car dealer? They buy today, drive it today and tomorrow, resale it the 3rd day and buy another. The saga continues.

What makes you love someone is because of his/her imperfection. Your babe or wife will be so boring to you if she doesent have that weird thing she does or say that you find attractive. The same is applicable to cars.

I dont know anything about the Chrysler 300, but by the car looks, it will cost more to purchase, maintain and fuel. If you think you can live with that, considering how heavy your wallet is, go ahead. You dont need anyone to tell you what makes you happy or determine your happiness for you. You should also know that you may have to be sourcing that car parts outside Nigeria. If you think you can deal with that, then you know what to do.

Have you checked to know if there is any good workshop around where you stay that can fix the car when something goes wrong? Because, something must go wrong someday. You cannot stop it from happening. You can only prevent it from breaking down completely with preventative maintenance. You also need to consider that you will need to work on that car yourself, to save yourself from Nigerain mechanics and rewire nightmares. It might not be everything, but with your personal OBD II scanner, you can find out the culprits that are giving issues to the car and be able to replace some some parts yourself with ease.

Like i said, you need to do your home work well and be ready to take preventative maintenance seriously with such a car. Performance cars need constant attention, to give you that driving pleasure you desired or bargained for.

Ikenna.

4 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is A Used Chrysler 300 by adahib: 4:35pm On Oct 28, 2012
ikenna i couldn't agree more.i love that car but i must confess that i'm seriously worried about the repairs,availability of parts and the likes.i guess i need to sleep more on this.i'm kinda fixated on it.take it out of the equation,i really don't know what else to go for that would give me the same pleasure,except,perhaps an acura ZDX which i dont think i can afford for now.
Re: How Reliable Is A Used Chrysler 300 by sultaan(m): 5:21pm On Oct 28, 2012
My brother has been driving a 05 300 for over 2 years in naija no problem.

He was in US last month; he bought brake pads,oil, air, cabin filters for himself & a friend just in case.

He confirmed that naija owners go for used pads because they are better than the new ones in the market so we got Wagner front brakes for $25 online cheapest was $17.

I need to replace brake from my 2000 Grand Cherokee I bought used about 4 years ago but I found that the rotors were from factory when the jeep was made by Chrysler.

Since you are looking at a ZDX may I recommend you take a close look at the Ford Edge. Its the best selling Crossover in todays market
Re: How Reliable Is A Used Chrysler 300 by weyreypey: 4:45am On Nov 16, 2020
Hmm
Re: How Reliable Is A Used Chrysler 300 by BamBamK: 4:41pm On Nov 16, 2020
wetin dey "hmm" you? u wan sing?

weyreypey:
Hmm
Re: How Reliable Is A Used Chrysler 300 by weyreypey: 5:50pm On Nov 16, 2020
BamBamK:
wetin dey "hmm" you? u wan sing?

Hmmmm

(1) (Reply)

2,422 Killed And 11,961 Injured In Road Accidents From Jan - June – FRSC / Using A Nigerian Car With Nigerian Licence Plates In Ghana / FKJ346BT - See Face Of A Hit And Run Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.