Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,371 members, 7,836,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? (2071 Views)

Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? / Where do Atheists go when they die? / The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 28, 2012
As a christian, prayers and fasting works for me in times of trouble & sorrow. I wonder who or what atheists turn to in times of trouble! How do you guys deal with it? It's none of my business but I keep wondering how you guys cope grin
Re: Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? by vislabraye(m): 8:26pm On Oct 28, 2012
Leave them to themselves. God will have mercy on them. For someone to say God or satan does not exist I wonder.
Re: Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? by wissezy: 8:30pm On Oct 28, 2012
Things don't fall into place, u hav to put em into place.
Re: Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 28, 2012
wissezy: Things don't fall into place, u hav to put em into place.

What if it's beyond your control?
Re: Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 28, 2012
vislabraye: Leave them to themselves. God will have mercy on them. For someone to say God or satan does not exist I wonder.

I wonder brah!
Re: Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? by k2039: 8:34pm On Oct 28, 2012
It is time to turn to the bar

Whisky,beer,brandy,emu,shepe etc

1 Like

Re: Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? by wissezy: 8:36pm On Oct 28, 2012
seriallink:

What if it's beyond your control?
Then u let be.
Re: Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? by vislabraye(m): 8:51pm On Oct 28, 2012
I've noticed that the best way a man can be converted is by the display of God's power.
Like the blind receivinng their sight, the lame walking the dead coming back to life.

Its just that atheist do not want to know whether God exists. If they do, they'll find out.
Re: Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 28, 2012
seriallink: As a christian, prayers and fasting works for me in times of trouble & sorrow. I wonder who or what atheists turn to in times of trouble! How do you guys deal with it? It's none of my business but I keep wondering how you guys cope grin
Agnostic.
I usually do what you do after prayer and fasting. Get over it or fashion a solution to the problem.
Re: Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? by plaetton: 9:14pm On Oct 28, 2012
For me, First I confront the problem and then take a Tylenol. If the problem persists or gets worse, I take Prozac. If that doesn't help, Then I call mom.
That last option usually takes care of everything.
Re: Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 28, 2012
plaetton: For me, First I confront the problem and then take a Tylenol. If the problem persists or gets worse, I take Prozac. If that doesn't help, Then I call mom.
That last option usually takes care of everything.

Serious! Antidepressants & family huh? interesting grin
Re: Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? by cyrexx: 9:41pm On Oct 28, 2012
prayer or fasting does not solve any problem. (i was a bornagain christian for many years, so i know very well what I'm saying). Prayer only offers comfort. you dont need prayer and fasting again if you can get your comfort somewhere else. You solve your problems by tackling it head-on. that is when you have a shot at solving the problem, not by waiting on one sky daddy who is just an imaginary friend that cannot act except man acts.

2 Likes

Re: Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 28, 2012
musKeeto:
Agnostic.
I usually do what you do after prayer and fasting. Get over it or fashion a solution to the problem.

musKeeto grin so, if it doesn't work out, you just let go...
Re: Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 28, 2012
cyrexx: prayer or fasting does not solve any problem. (i was a bornagain christian for many years, so i know very well what I'm saying). Prayer only offers comfort. you dont need prayer and fasting again if you can get your comfort somewhere else. You solve your problems by tackling it head-on. that is when you have a shot at solving the problem, not by waiting on one sky daddy who is just an imaginary friend that cannot act except man acts.

Prayer and fasting only works with faith; you can't be a born again christian without faith! Because, even if you fast for a thousand yrs, it won't work! Maybe that was what you experienced when you were a Christian
Re: Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? by manmustwac(m): 10:06pm On Oct 28, 2012
seriallink: As a christian, prayers and fasting works for me in times of trouble & sorrow. I wonder who or what atheists turn to in times of trouble! How do you guys deal with it? It's none of my business but I keep wondering how you guys cope grin
Well as an atheist I do not feel the urge to starve myself or close my eyes and talk to myself when am feeling troubled or have problems. What I do is read motivational books. I also googled self discipline which has a lot of inspirational points which I use. I do not feel the need to talk to an imaginary friend. I am not a spiritual person.
Re: Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? by plaetton: 10:12pm On Oct 28, 2012
seriallink:

Prayer and fasting only works with faith; you can't be a born again christian without faith! Because, even if you fast for a thousand yrs, it won't work! Maybe that was what you experienced when you were a Christian

Works towards to what end? To make you feel better or to solve the problems that confront you? A lot of motivational books also tell you to firmly believe in yourself, in other words, to have faith in YOURSELF. Is that the same as having faith in something else, like the holy spirit or Jesus?.
Re: Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? by cyrexx: 10:19pm On Oct 28, 2012
seriallink:

bla bla bla bla.

Ive been there done that. Im totally familiar with that mind tricks you are trying to play. If prayer and fasting doesn't work, its due to lack of faith.
If you had faith and it doesn't work, it because you have unforgiveness.
If you are forgiving and it doesn't work, its because you are not a giver.
If you give and it does't work, its because you are not walking in love. If you are walking in love and it doesnt work, its because you are praying with selfish motives. If you have the right motives and it doesn't work, it because you are not holy enough....
On and on and on, you will always find excuse for why prayer will not work instead of facing the hard truth that when you pray, you are talking to no other person but yourself.

Shikena.

2 Likes

Re: Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? by plaetton: 10:51pm On Oct 28, 2012
cyrexx:

bla bla bla bla.

Ive been there done that. Im totally familiar with that mind tricks you are trying to play. If prayer and fasting doesn't work, its due to lack of faith.
If you had faith and it doesn't work, it because you have unforgiveness.
If you are forgiving and it doesn't work, its because you are not a giver.
If you give and it does't work, its because you are not walking in love. If you are walking in love and it doesnt work, its because you are praying with selfish motives. If you have the right motives and it doesn't work, it because you are not holy enough....
On and on and on, you will always find excuse for why prayer will not work instead of facing the hard truth that when you pray, you are talking to no other person but yourself.

Shikena.

You have better odds playing pool or kalu kalu.
Considering that you would probably be encouraged to sow a seed at each level, you can see why it is always a win-win situation for god and his salesmen.
Lol.
Re: Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? by mazaje(m): 11:03pm On Oct 28, 2012
The fact that prayers do NOT work is one of the evidence to show that all gods remain imaginary. . . .
Re: Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? by vislabraye(m): 11:48pm On Oct 28, 2012
Atheists in the house you may do whatever appeals to you.

Even if at least you believe in magic you would know that there's a power out there.
Find out yourself. Go to an Ifa temple and desecrate their shrine.
If nothing happens to you, then come back and tell us your encounter.

1 Like

Re: Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? by advocate666: 11:55pm On Oct 28, 2012
You may want to know that 3 or 4 botles of gulder with a nice pack of benson & hedges can make many a problem go away.
Re: Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? by Nobody: 3:23am On Oct 29, 2012
God only pretends to answer prayers. Whatever happens, it's God's will.

seriallink:

musKeeto grin so, if it doesn't work out, you just let go...
I was referring to 'in times of sorrow'... and I've lost close family members, so I know what I'm talking about..

The idea that I'll meet them after I'm dead sounds attractive, but in reality makes no sense. You just have to let go, abi make I commit suicide ni?
Re: Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? by Callotti: 4:19am On Oct 29, 2012
I don't think Atheists have times of sorrow or trouble. . . .
Only "religious" psychotics would see the challenges of life as 'times of sorrows and troubles'.
You deal with them and move on. Simple! kiss
Re: Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? by Nobody: 4:40am On Oct 29, 2012
vislabraye: Leave them to themselves. God will have mercy on them. For someone to say God or satan does not exist I wonder.

Have you seen either of them before? Who did Mandela turn to when he was jailed for 27 years? As a human,you need to learn to fight for yourself. Stop relying on fake and non existing gods. As a christian,your life is not better than those who aint. How many kids in the hospital has your jesus healed? Dont people die in your church?
Re: Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? by cyrexx: 5:46am On Oct 29, 2012
vislabraye: Atheists in the house you may do whatever appeals to you.

Even if at least you believe in magic you would know that there's a power out there.
Find out yourself. Go to an Ifa temple and desecrate their shrine.
If nothing happens to you, then come back and tell us your encounter.

Have you tried what you are suggesting? Let me assume that ifa has some supernatural powers, so what does that prove in your own worldviews?

so the fact that ifa can demonstrate some supernatural powers and your god yahweh does not (or actually cannot); does that proves that yahweh is the true creator god?

Do you know that muslims also will see ifa's response as a proof that Allah is the true creator god, even if allah cant do $hit unless his slaves always do it for him?

I thought this thread was about finding solution to one's troubles. So the god (ifa) that actually responds and offers practical solution to people's problem is a proof that the god (yahweh or allah) who cannot respond, but his followers give a thousand excuse for his non-response, is the true creator god?

Na wa o.
Re: Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 29, 2012
vislabraye: I've noticed that the best way a man can be converted is by the display of God's power.
Like the blind receivinng their sight, the lame walking the dead coming back to life.

Its just that atheist do not want to know whether God exists. If they do, they'll find out.

I've discovered that every supposed miracle can be explained. Its either false, gotten through placebo effect or just imagined.

I've discovered that every supposed supernatural occurence can be explained as either an imagination, delusion, mis-perception etc.

I've discover that the three main religions have pagan origins. Infact its so obvious that no one should deny.

Its just that theists do not want to accept the truth because they have so heavily invested in the lies. If they do some will probably run mad.

2 Likes

Re: Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 29, 2012
THEY TURN TO A WONDERFUL KIND HANDSOME AND GENEROUS FELLOW BY THE NAME OF JACK DANIELS

2 Likes

Re: Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 29, 2012
obadiah777: THEY TURN TO A WONDERFUL KIND HANDSOME AND GENEROUS FELLOW BY THE NAME OF JACK DANIELS

grin grin grin Buzugee grin @Jack Daniels grin grin grin

@All, y'all need Jesus! Prayer & fasting with faith works miracles.

1 Like

Re: Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 29, 2012
ifeness:

Have you seen either of them before? Who did Mandela turn to when he was jailed for 27 years? As a human,you need to learn to fight for yourself. Stop relying on fake and non existing gods. As a christian,your life is not better than those who aint. How many kids in the hospital has your jesus healed? Dont people die in your church?

Faith in the fake God you talk about works for me! grin Test and see brah, e too sweet grin
Re: Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 29, 2012
obadiah777: THEY TURN TO A WONDERFUL KIND HANDSOME AND GENEROUS FELLOW BY THE NAME OF JACK DANIELS
lmao.. better than the vinegar Your savior was offered.. sad guy could have done better with smirnoff and some good weed... that would have been a gangstar cross..
Re: Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 29, 2012
Callotti: I don't think Atheists have times of sorrow or trouble. . . .
Only "religious" psychotics would see the challenges of life as 'times of sorrows and troubles'.
You deal with them and move on. Simple! kiss

Really? Atheists don't have times of trouble & sorrow? grin funny you know....y'all need Jesus!
Re: Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 29, 2012
mazaje: The fact that prayers do NOT work is one of the evidence to show that all gods remain imaginary. . . .

Prayers with faith works brah! Our God isn't imaginary

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bible Quiz For Atheists! / The Truth Hidden Behind Makeup / What Christian On Nairaland Should Never Do.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.