Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Job Vacancy Adverts Lines To Beware Of - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Vacancy Adverts Lines To Beware Of (11357 Views)

Job Adverts: Nigerians Blast The Guardian Newspaper / Urgent Information U Have To Beware Of / Tuesdays and Thursdays Guardian Jobs Adverts & Punch Wed Jobs Adverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job Vacancy Adverts Lines To Beware Of by babanne(m): 1:07pm On Oct 29, 2012
Your post reminded me of a time when i was an applicant.i responded to two adverts with phrases similar to those you wrote about.One at OjuElegba in lagos.I still know the place very well.Upon arrival at that place you are asked to pay certain small money for some forms.then you are given some wuruwuru interview questions to answer on paper.Then you are told to submit that they will get back to you.they text me on my phone later that i should come and pay around N1,800.00 for certain admin fees after which i will be issued with appointment letter.when i seek the opinion of people they told me to ignore them that thats how they used to extort money from innocent nigerians.

the second was another advert in guardian newspaper that no 30 people needed and no experience is required. the address was olowu street in Ikeja. this guy posed as a UK man and introduced his nameless product to us.that the system was already working but its based on commissions.it was then i realized that this guy wanted to use us as marketers.i quit fast.
[size=18pt]
they are many like that making illegal/immoral money from innocent citizens. i think graduates really need to beware of them.
[/size]
Re: Job Vacancy Adverts Lines To Beware Of by Awoofawo(m): 1:20pm On Oct 29, 2012
shocks: Some Human Resources departments do send such questionnaires that you can fill anywhere and send back to them. The questions are usually to assess your personality type and figure out what work environment best suits you. I have taken one of these before. You can go ahead and answer them. Also do well to research the company online. Nothing to be alarmed about yet unless they are asking for a payment or something like that to go with the questionnaire.
Before filling any online form be sure of the site authentication. You also beware not to submit sensitive inform that could aid identity thief or impersonator!
Re: Job Vacancy Adverts Lines To Beware Of by ifyalways(f): 1:25pm On Oct 29, 2012
bid4rich: I served in Benue too, they came to me with spears of deception, armour of lies and cutlass of hypocrity but I dealth with them with Atomic bazooka of wisdom. They flee cos i refuse to fall their prey. Awon ole oshi
Laughing and rolling on the floor.
Re: Job Vacancy Adverts Lines To Beware Of by Super1759: 1:37pm On Oct 29, 2012
iwanchop: A guy called me after my youth service,he said we served together in Benue nd dat he now works wt Shell.He told me he had a busines for me to supply an equipment worth N150K EACH.I was to supply 100 pieces nd dat i didnt need to worry about fund as i needed to just buy one as sample to show to d coy nd they would then giv me d fund to buy d rest.he den gav me d no of d guy who i wud buy d sample frm.I almost fell for it.
one of my mumu friend fell for it ooo. He didn't even tell me I for tell am whatsup. He wanted to eat alone. He actually told d seller that.he has 80k not up to 100k as the seller said. The yahoo guy gree.they met at a junction. Exchanged money and goods,something like floor in a container. It was the next when he was asked to bring the product to the company. When he reach d company. The security men told him no one answers such name. Before he could finish narrating how the whole thing happened,the security men laughed hell out of him. That was when he came to tell me. I clapped for him. But the guy no gree say en get money oooo
Re: Job Vacancy Adverts Lines To Beware Of by TheKingsQueen: 2:35pm On Oct 29, 2012
@OP: Nice advice. Thanks for enIightening people
Re: Job Vacancy Adverts Lines To Beware Of by toprealman: 3:46pm On Oct 29, 2012
Super1759: one of my mumu friend fell for it ooo. He didn't even tell me I for tell am whatsup. He wanted to eat alone. He actually told d seller that.he has 80k not up to 100k as the seller said. The yahoo guy gree.they met at a junction. Exchanged money and goods,something like floor in a container. It was the next when he was asked to bring the product to the company. When he reach d company. The security men told him no one answers such name. Before he could finish narrating how the whole thing happened,the security men laughed hell out of him. That was when he came to tell me. I clapped for him. But the guy no gree say en get money oooo
I understand the fact that pidgin is very popular in Nigeria today but then my brother, try and use it sparingly. It is really affecting lots of bright graduates.
No hard feelings!
Re: Job Vacancy Adverts Lines To Beware Of by Nonybb: 6:57pm On Oct 29, 2012
shocks: But then again my bro, even this questionnaire thing has been corrupted as well. Just be sure that it is the same company that you applied to directly. If they are not straight forward questions on a credible recruitment portal on their known website, then you have a reason to be cautious.
the company that send me the reply sent it through there email...... whn i checked the company email in there website, it went in tantem with the email i got the msg from
Re: Job Vacancy Adverts Lines To Beware Of by sugardaddy1(m): 7:28pm On Oct 29, 2012
LemonBoy1:

wat hs short-hands gat 2 do wit d topic? Hw cn it affect u wen u r such a genius in english language? Hw cm u still a job seeker wen u r a genius? Hv u 4goten dat mst pipo r typing wit dem phone ( esp non - QWERTY keypad phones) ? Y will i go 2ru d stress typin evrytin in full wen i knw dat d pipo am typing 2 r nat daft aslong as i maintain a conventional short-hand? Bros, me nat in anyway intending 2 insult u, bt i guess ur opinion ds time is'nt sane enough. A short- hand dts nat clear 2 u, u should ask d poster so u may b clerified, i call dat humility.
This is the reason we have graduates who cannot spell "Higher Institution" correctly these days. Smh
Re: Job Vacancy Adverts Lines To Beware Of by LemonBoy1: 8:46pm On Oct 29, 2012
$ugardaddy:

This is the reason we have graduates who cannot spell "Higher Institution" correctly these days. Smh

lol, i even tot u were going 2 say "... reasn y we hv graduate who can't spell dem full name properly" Mtchew
Re: Job Vacancy Adverts Lines To Beware Of by mkoabiola: 10:28pm On Oct 29, 2012
B E W A R E of these noba for any stinkiing job from AGIP
0 8 0 5 8 8 6 3 0 6 9 criminal 1

0 7 0 3 7 0 7 2 3 1 5 criminal2
They ar fraudsters,run b4 dey dupe u.
If u av any noba drop it on NL,it might help innocent gradutes.
Re: Job Vacancy Adverts Lines To Beware Of by ideee03(f): 10:25am On Oct 30, 2012
LemonBoy1:

wat hs short-hands gat 2 do wit d topic? Hw cn it affect u wen u r such a genius in english language? Hw cm u still a job seeker wen u r a genius? Hv u 4goten dat mst pipo r typing wit dem phone ( esp non - QWERTY keypad phones) ? Y will i go 2ru d stress typin evrytin in full wen i knw dat d pipo am typing 2 r nat daft aslong as i maintain a conventional short-hand? Bros, me nat in anyway intending 2 insult u, bt i guess ur opinion ds time is'nt sane enough. A short- hand dts nat clear 2 u, u should ask d poster so u may b clerified, i call dat humility.
*Faints*
Re: Job Vacancy Adverts Lines To Beware Of by LemonBoy1: 1:02pm On Oct 30, 2012
ideee03: *Faints*

*pouring water on your head nd asking wat d demon is wrong wit u*
Re: Job Vacancy Adverts Lines To Beware Of by nicefeeling: 2:43pm On Nov 01, 2012
nicefeeling: Fenks for d info,its well appreciated. An eye-opener especially for doz of us dat are jst being introduced into the favor market.

Wonder what's meaningless in what I wrote?
undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

PZ Interview / Job Vacancy At Guiness. Apply Before 23th Jan.!!! / Access Bank Employment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.