Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated (4355 Views)

Throwback Photo Of John Mikel Obi / Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us / John Mikel Obi Is Far Overrated! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated by nightrider: 12:27pm On Jan 28, 2008
John Mikel Obi is the most over rated player in the country. Although i partially blame Jose mourinho for his in ability to be creative. I think the boy no just try. See his mate Lionel Messi, he is the fulcrum of the argentine team. Obi is just carrying his fat ass all over the field.

He hasn't laid one fruitful pass. he can't control the midfield. This is someone who everybody thought was gonna be the new jay Jay.

I wish That stupid Berti Vogts had carried that Under 17 number 10 . i think his name is Rabiu Ibrahim or something. The boy is the closest thing naija has to a creative midfielder. The team's bane is

1. Not an ounce of creativity. A la mediocre players and german mechanical influence from a stupid german coach
2. Mediocre players
3. mediocre players with no motivation
4. mediocre players
5. mediocrity from mediocre players. and a stupid ass coach who takes off martins and leaves a stupid ass looking yakubu on the field.

Re: John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated by Angybabe(f): 12:52pm On Jan 28, 2008
Why picking on Mikel and Mourinho? angry
All of them are pregnant players beside Daniel Shittu
Re: John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated by Chacal: 1:02pm On Jan 28, 2008
@ Nightider,

Its ridiculous.
Mikel Obi had a better tournament than Leo Messi in 2005 but can we say the same today?
This says a lot about Nigeria and Africa as well . . . . .The so-called football agents go for the cheddarz instead of comprehensive player development.
Shittu should have allowed Mikel to move to Man Utd . . . .He would have blossomed and developed under Ferguson than Mourinho.
No disrespect to Jose but Chelsea had more than enough personnel in that area of the midfield which puts Mikel at a disadvantage.

U cannot really blame Mikel Obi for Nigeria's shambolic performance.
He is being played as a deep-lying midfielder thus thwarting his efforts to make forward runs and supply killer passes.
Berti Vogts must have forgotten Mikel is an attacking midfielder. I guess Vogts watch Mikel a lot in Chelsea shirt rather than the boy's abilty.
I agree with u the under 17 captain would have offered a lot against Mali/Ivory Coast but Nigeria always get things wrong.
Take Bojan and Chrisantus for instance . . . . .Bojan is now playing for Barcelona(he scored a goal last night). Where is Chrisantus?
In the next 3-4 years, Bojan will become another Messi or Ronaldinho and Chrisantus will end up as another Victor Agali.
Is Africa cursed?
Re: John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 28, 2008
@ Poster
Thank God for the title of your trend;
John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated
Millions of Sane people can't be wrong, Where was
Olofinjana, Uche and Martins?
I would have agreed with you if you blame Vogts for not
being able to manage the team.
But for Mikel, forget that side, the lad is just too kiss
Don't forget the award he won after Ivory Coast's match

True Blue

Re: John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated by Angybabe(f): 1:49pm On Jan 28, 2008
If i am not wrong Mikel is now a first team player in Chelsea.
@NightRider
If i may ask, what club are you supporting? Is it Eyinmba tongue
Re: John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated by vikiviko(m): 2:08pm On Jan 28, 2008
Without aking anything away from your postion , the players of the super Eagles have been disappointing.

Mikel Obi is over rated, but the truth must be told, he's A first team player with Chelsea FC, who is toe blamed for the hype.
Ferguson and Mourinho, man u and chelsea for dragging who to sign him from norwegien club.
Berti vogts can't qualify Nigeria to South Africa 2010.
Prevention is better than cure
Re: John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated by sagajones: 12:22pm On Jan 29, 2008
Mikel is not Overrated but change wing to a deep lying Midfielder while playing for nigeria and in Chelsea he is playing as a Defensive Midfielder putting great Makelele on the bench.
to me he is a very good player but you cannot compare him with Lionel Messi because the two player are very very different even at the youth level, Mikel is Deep lying midfilder while Lionel messi is a winger/attacker so to say. Mikel is a promising player and very soon we will see what he will become BUT PLEASE STOP COMPARE MIKEL WITH MESSI they are two different players.

Re: John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated by Angybabe(f): 9:07pm On Jan 29, 2008
Nightrider is overated
Re: John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated by Nella(f): 9:17pm On Jan 29, 2008
Mikel is not over rated!

He's d man baby!!!!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated by folahann(m): 9:24pm On Jan 29, 2008
According to the Benin match: He is under Rated
Re: John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated by Seun(m): 9:48pm On Jan 29, 2008
Hehe. The poor boy apparently needed to find his game.
Re: John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated by 9ja4eva: 9:51pm On Jan 29, 2008
He is sure over rated.Playing like say im leg na gold
Re: John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated by McKren(m): 9:58pm On Jan 29, 2008
Mikel is Mikel, the best of Mikel can not fit into Okocha's shoes.

Some Midfielders wherever they play can only be part of a Mildfield, while the greats like Maradona, Zidane and Okocha and a few others are in themselves a midfield. They are the sort of players who you simply give the ball when you run out of ideas.

Mikel can only be part of a midfield while Okocha is a midfield in himself.

However that being said, Mikel is not as successful as his mates who he once outshined. Lionel Messi and Fabregas are better players than Mikel right now and I have no doubts in my mind that if Mikel then went to Man Utd he would have been a better player.
Re: John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated by nightrider: 10:01pm On Jan 29, 2008
He played well today, he set up a goal and score one. best thing his done since the beginning of this tournament. But remember we were playing benin. A weak ass team and it took us so long to score. Lets see him against Ghana, with Essien and muntari. I hope he has his passing boots on
Re: John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated by dayokanu(m): 10:18pm On Jan 29, 2008
So playing well against Benin and freezing against CIV is now the yardstick
Re: John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated by wormedup(m): 8:18am On Jan 30, 2008
is mikel the only nigerian playing in the competition
why single out mikel to attack ?
name ANY NIGERIAN PLAYER that has been better than mikel in any of the games played at the ANC
Re: John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated by uchetobi(f): 8:37am On Jan 30, 2008
I dont think he is over rated,
Re: John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated by segunpc(m): 1:10pm On Jan 30, 2008
nightrider

John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated
« on: January 28, 2008, 12:27 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Mikel Obi is the most over rated player in the country. Although i partially blame Jose mourinho for his in ability to be creative. I think the boy no just try. See his mate Lionel Messi, he is the fulcrum of the argentine team. Obi is just carrying his fat ass all over the field.

He hasn't laid one fruitful pass. he can't control the midfield. This is someone who everybody thought was going to be the new jay Jay.

I wish That stupid Berti Vogts had carried that Under 17 number 10 . i think his name is Rabiu Ibrahim or something. The boy is the closest thing naija has to a creative midfielder. The team's bane is

1. Not an ounce of creativity. A la mediocre players and german mechanical influence from a stupid german coach
2. Mediocre players
3. mediocre players with no motivation
4. mediocre players
5. mediocrity from mediocre players. and a stupid ass coach who takes off martins and leaves a stupid ass looking yakubu on the field.

PLAYERHATER
Re: John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated by Meldrick(m): 1:28pm On Jan 30, 2008
You sit on your computer criticizing Mikel. He is your age mate. If he isn't playing well go and help Nigeria. Stop your Arsenal and Man U sentiment. The pressure on the boy is too much. Okocha didn't become the best overnight. You say he is overrated. If the boy says he is not coming to play, that he wants to remain with his club, you'll start punching on your computer that he is indisciplined. As for the man asking where Mikel was during the game against Mali, he was very active especially in the midst of world class Malian midfielders. Put your blame on your strikers and live Mikel alone ooooooo.
Re: John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated by tng(f): 4:22pm On Jan 30, 2008
is mikel the only nigerian playing in the competition
why single out mikel to attack ?
name ANY NIGERIAN PLAYER that has been better than mikel in any of the games played  at the ANC

Abeg help me ask them. I wonder when beef go comot from our analysis.
Re: John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated by Mustay(m): 5:23pm On Jan 30, 2008
Don't these guys get tired of discussing this topic over and over again angry

haba!

this is about the 15th time some1 'll create this sort-a thread
Re: John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated by tosinadeda: 5:36am On Jan 31, 2008
mikel is a bundle of talent
Re: John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated by buckeye(m): 8:11am On Jan 31, 2008
@ Nightrider, don't hate the player, hate the game. smiley
Re: John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated by ndubest(m): 8:26am On Jan 31, 2008
He may be a bundle of talent

but talent doesnt work except if you put it to use

I think his attitude to the game will surely be his nemesis

unfortunately he was not guided by matured coaches like Sir Alex (who calmed Rooney) or Wenger (who calm Viera) but by the self made SPECIAL ONE

I wish his parent can talk some common sense into him on his attitude on the pitch
Re: John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated by Meldrick(m): 10:55am On Jan 31, 2008
Shame on all those who compare Mikel with Okocha and Messi. A bigger shame to those who say Rabiu Afolabi should take his place. No be your mate? The guy is making his cool pounds and a first team player for a world class club like Chelsea and you dey here dey break your head.
Re: John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated by wormedup(m): 11:22am On Jan 31, 2008
ndubest:

He may be a bundle of talent

but talent doesnt work except if you put it to use

I think his attitude to the game will surely be his nemesis

unfortunately he was not guided by matured coaches like Sir Alex (who calmed Rooney) or Wenger (who calm Viera) but by the self made SPECIAL ONE

I wish his parent can talk some common sense into him on his attitude on the pitch

stop spewing drivels !
with all his attitude and your rants, mikel is still the best thing happening to the super eagles fowls at the ongoing tournament ! so WTF are you talking about
is mikel 11-men bundled into one bloke ?
is he the only one playing for the super whatever ?
y'all should shut your sorry asses up and let people do there job.
utaka has been outstanding for portsmouth all season; where the f&*k is he now ?
mikel this . . .mikel that; aren't you lot ashamed of yourselves

calmed rooney; calmed vieira my left butt cheek ! he calmed adebayor as well; to give fellow team mates head butts !

sh!ts !
Re: John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated by BlueMagic2(m): 7:01pm On Dec 15, 2009
How did mikel ever become a football. God has really favoured him. A player who cant take a shot, make a reasonable pass, cant take freekicks, cant even throw in. That guy is pathetic for a footballer. It pains me to see him play for my beloved club chelsea. If u wanna know how bad he is. His absence in the team either club or country is never felt. That is how bad he is. He should thank God for being favoured & make d best use of the opportunity. Such an A** for a footballer.
Re: John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated by chidichris(m): 8:19am On Dec 17, 2009
How did mikel ever become a football. God has really favoured him. A player who cant take a shot, make a reasonable pass, cant take freekicks, cant even throw in. That guy is pathetic for a footballer. It pains me to see him play for my beloved club chelsea. If u wanna know how bad he is. His absence in the team either club or country is never felt. That is how bad he is. He should thank God for being favoured & make d best use of the opportunity. Such an A** for a footballer.

@blue magic,
u are just writing off point. are u here to prove that mikel is over rated or that God favoured him and dispise u.
are u surprised? with the kind of dirty heart u have over a self struggling person, how will God like u.
having confirmed that God hates u, why not try suicide? with this kind of reasoning, the favour and hatred will continue in the same manner.
such dumb topics are only found in nigeria where misplaced sperms are always on rampage. shame to u and ur partners who mikel never know exist.
Re: John Mikel Obi Is Over Rated by BrOwnSuga3: 8:35pm On Dec 18, 2009
bad belle people, God go judge una ooooo

(1) (Reply)

Dolphins FC Of Port-Harcourt Fan Thread / Arsene Wenger Fights Jose Mourinho: The Funniest Memes As The Internet Reaction / Liverpoolfc.walking Alone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.