Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,424 members, 7,815,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Tyler Perry's Movies - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Tyler Perry's Movies (2712 Views)

Tyler Perry's "Temptations": The Movie That Shows What Hollywood Tries To Hide. / Tyler Perry Movies. / New Movie Trailer;Madea's Big Happy Family 2011 Starring Tyler Perry,bow Wow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tyler Perry's Movies by Gamine(f): 1:13pm On Jan 28, 2008
What do u think about Tyler Perry's Works

i think they r just what we need right now, they are fun, interesting and educative!

love em all!
Re: Tyler Perry's Movies by Lola4eva(f): 2:31pm On Jan 28, 2008
Im not so sure i agree with you, yeah they are interesting no doubt, but they dont leave lasting impressions, i always feel like there's something missing in his movies, originality maybe, just cant place it sha
Re: Tyler Perry's Movies by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 28, 2008
His Movies are cool, not only cool really good. Interesting and educative, he tends to potray a good sense of responsibilty tyat should come ith love, what goes around comes around sort of thing. I always pick something from his movie, In this age of sex, violence and fake movies, I always find his movies inspirational and captivating.
Re: Tyler Perry's Movies by Gamine(f): 5:24pm On Jan 28, 2008
@Lola

What is Original in this world today?

It leaves a lasting impression on me

Especially when i stopped watching it just for the fun of it
Re: Tyler Perry's Movies by mohawkchic(f): 10:48pm On Jan 28, 2008
~ave only seen "Dairy of a mad Black Woman"matter of fact i wasnt aware there is a whole bunch of series/movies,till i watched this movie,it wud be interesting to watch the other movies!

~Any ideas where i can buy them in the UK anyone? Or mayb download ? it isnt aired on Tv here either undecided,well not that am aware of anyways!

~Ooh i very much will appreciate any recommendation on which ones to watch too!
Re: Tyler Perry's Movies by debosky(m): 10:51pm On Jan 28, 2008
there's a fantastic one that came out over Christmas - 'why did I get married?'

haven't watched it either, (didn't show in my city, not enough black folk i guess sad) but I heard its really good.
Re: Tyler Perry's Movies by powerofmap(m): 2:02am On Jan 29, 2008
@combrazor Prof why you go say tyler's works are horribly written and directed, have you watch Madea Family Reunion? I think thats kinda cool, What about daddy's little girl? I follow up his work very well and liked it.
Re: Tyler Perry's Movies by mohawkchic(f): 4:03am On Jan 29, 2008
did they just introduce Diary of a Black Woman in the UK recently?in the past week, at least three of my friends in England have come asking me about Tyler Perry all of a sudden--[quote][/quote]

~Lol if it aired here,am not aware of it,my sis who lives in the States sent me copy of "Mad black woman"  2/3 years ago,i loved it N i quickly got excited when she told me about other Perry series!  she recommended Madea's Family reunion,N promised she'll mail me some,but that was ages agooo, so i guess its high time i remind her tongue especially after seein this post grin

~@ debosky thanks mate,i'll add that to my list to watch! wink ave just seen previews of "Why did i get married,Daddy's little girls N Madea's family reunion!! there r two more out this spring "Madea goes to jail N Meet the Browns"according to the official Tyler Perry website so thats something to look fwd to also!Too bad they wont be in cinema's here sad
Re: Tyler Perry's Movies by RichyBlacK(m): 7:51am On Jan 29, 2008
They're ok, but I find some of them to be like Dr. Phil's sessions - "blame the man all the time".
Re: Tyler Perry's Movies by RichyBlacK(m): 8:06am On Jan 29, 2008
Gamine:

@Lola

What is Original in this world today?

It leaves a lasting impression on me

Especially when i stopped watching it just for the fun of it

Those that profess the death of originality, surely cannot bring it to life in their works. (21st century philosopher, RichyBlack)
Re: Tyler Perry's Movies by Lola4eva(f): 12:11pm On Jan 29, 2008
@gamine- we've got different opinions and to me his movies are missing something, i saw madeas family reunion and believe me, the lead actress in that movie was missing something, diary of a mad black woman was okay and im yet to see daddy's little girl, the thing is i get the message he is trying to potray with his movies and yeah i appreciate them, but if u watch closely and pay attention to detail there are a few things missing and u cant really compare those movies to the usual hollywood standard, thats just my point of view sha
Re: Tyler Perry's Movies by powerofmap(m): 3:05pm On Jan 29, 2008
@combrazor I agree with you but still with the stage background his trying.
Re: Tyler Perry's Movies by powerofmap(m): 3:28pm On Jan 29, 2008
@combrazor Sure Prof I know say you no hate am but the guy movies the way its captures the black communities men he dey surprise me, So prof you na Film Maker?
Re: Tyler Perry's Movies by Gamine(f): 3:36pm On Jan 29, 2008
Ecc 1:9 That which has been is that which shall be;
and that which has been done is that which shall be done;
and there is nothing new under the sun.

RichyBlack, i hope you understand now
Re: Tyler Perry's Movies by powerofmap(m): 3:57pm On Jan 29, 2008
You dabble keh grin wetin dat one mean, I sabi Oyinbo lol, Well its all good atleast answer a Direct Question Prof, You na Film Maker?
Re: Tyler Perry's Movies by Lola4eva(f): 4:38pm On Jan 29, 2008
At least a few pple agree with my opinion about tylers movies
Re: Tyler Perry's Movies by Seun(m): 5:20pm On Feb 02, 2008
Wow, he's so successful. All his movies have been hits. He's my new inspiration!
I wouldn't say he's a bad director; I would say his directing style is unique and theatrical. wink
Re: Tyler Perry's Movies by RichyBlacK(m): 5:24pm On Feb 09, 2008
Gamine:

Ecc 1:9 That which has been is that which shall be;
and that which has been done is that which shall be done;
and there is nothing new under the sun.

RichyBlack, i hope you understand now

Yes, but I though that was referring to God, that is there is nothing new to Him.

As far as man, is concerned, there is always something new, e.g., AIDS, the microchip, the atomic bomb, etc.

Well, it may depend on how new is defined.
Re: Tyler Perry's Movies by Gamine(f): 4:44pm On Feb 11, 2008
Exactly
Re: Tyler Perry's Movies by Nobody: 12:02am On Feb 12, 2008
Tyler Perry movies reminds me of nollywood, a better nollywood, I have to add. I watched why did I get married last year, and it was hilarious. You guys will enjoy it, unless there are more sadists on nairaland cheesy. I enjoy his movies smiley.
Re: Tyler Perry's Movies by chiogo(f): 9:34pm On Feb 12, 2008
His movies sure crack me up esp. 'madea's family re-union'. y'all know he plays the madea parts. Idk about his movies bein' educational, they're quite hilarious tho. He also got a tv show called 'house of payne', kind@ funny too but not all that.
Re: Tyler Perry's Movies by Gamine(f): 8:53pm On Feb 13, 2008
he dey try
Re: Tyler Perry's Movies by naijadiva2(f): 8:05pm On Feb 14, 2008
i like tyler perry and his movies. all his movies are funny even when its meant to be sad.
Re: Tyler Perry's Movies by almondjoy(f): 10:03pm On Feb 18, 2008
"I can do Bad By Maself" grin

Don't need anybody's help for real! kiss

"Meet the Browns" was absolutely hilarious!

I love all his plays and movies. Infact gave like 10 volumes to "special" friends and family members-- all 7-8 plays and movies in a pack last Xmas2007. They loved it! cheesy

I LOVE TYLER PERRY!--His voice, his face his height--name it! Can he dance or what? grin

He is charming to talk to--watched him on Oprah.
Re: Tyler Perry's Movies by Gamine(f): 4:47pm On Feb 20, 2008
Yeah Mr Tyler is really cute
Madea is even finer than alot of women ive seen cheesy

I wonder where i can get the rest of his movies in Naija
they dont seem to be anywhere undecided
Re: Tyler Perry's Movies by Gamine(f): 11:23pm On Feb 21, 2008
just saw Daddys lil gals

love love love kiss cry kiss
Re: Tyler Perry's Movies by uspry1(f): 12:02am On Feb 22, 2008
I saw the latest movie, "'why did I get married?" on DVD last week. It was good! I dislike 80/20 rules that i had been through my previous marriage.   angry

I love Tyler Perry and all his movies and theaters. I just missed back 2004 when he came to Kennedy Center in DC and invited us, deaf choir from my church as VIP backstage where we performed our gospel song in sign language.

After theater show ended, he knew how to sign "i love you" showing us deaf choir. (i was told by my church deaf choir/active member) grin

Because I just joined my church new member in 2005. Anyway, we deaf choir do meet several black gospel singers/celebrities yearly either my church or guest church with deaf ministry served.
Re: Tyler Perry's Movies by Biabeke(f): 10:31pm On Feb 24, 2008
I do not care what people say, I think Tyler Perry has emerged as one of the best African American filmmaker and scriptwriter. Besides, he has created more jobs for Black actors and actresses.
Re: Tyler Perry's Movies by Dreloaded(f): 10:42pm On Feb 24, 2008
The same black actors/actresses that lack range in movies. Those are the kinds he can make movies for, the ones that rely on idiotic black movies that play on their stereotypes. See one of his movies and you've seen them all. Same ol' recycled garbage

None od the RESPECTED black actors/actresses of Hollywood would be caught dead in his movies. They are beyond that tripe
Re: Tyler Perry's Movies by almondjoy(f): 7:25am On Mar 01, 2008
D-reloaded:

The same black actors/actresses that lack range in movies. Those are the kinds he can make movies for, the ones that rely on idiotic black movies that play on their stereotypes. See one of his movies and you've seen them all. Same ol' recycled garbage

None od the RESPECTED black actors/actresses of Hollywood would be caught dead in his movies. They are beyond that tripe

Yes you are right to some extent. But his movies target a certain audience. I love them for the humour. There is no difference in what is going on generally in the movie industry--black or white. All are trite and the same old recycled garbage. When last did you see a good movie in the past 10 years. Very few I bet. The general atmosphere.

So he is not alone in the "lack of motivation" thingy.
Re: Tyler Perry's Movies by chiogo(f): 6:51pm On Mar 01, 2008
D-reloaded:

Teehehehehe, u're so right!! On the other hand, if the only way to be funny is to make a fool of one's self,
then let 'em continue.
Re: Tyler Perry's Movies by BigSis(f): 11:31pm On Mar 01, 2008
I love when people bad mouth Tyler.  It motivates me to pay to see his movies several times in the theatres and buy his dvds.  As long as he projects something positive and I can relate to, he has my money. I want him to become disgustingly rich, where he has the resources to delve into other things.

I absolutely loved "Why."  It was the most enjoyable movie I had seen all year.  I rarely support commercial theatre, but I will go and pay to see a Tyler production. 

Someone was right, I would say that about 90% of the movies shown commerically is hyped junk.  Yet that doesn't stop folks from paying to see the junk.  Tyler appeals to a particular audience.

P.S.  Meet the Browns will open March 21, 2008. 
Tyler primary supporters are AA christian black women.  As long as he keeps us happy, he will be okay. 

I paid to see why 6 times.  I did not sit throught the movie six times, but I plunked down my money. When the haters were raking him over the coals, I was opening my wallet.  Let your haters be your motivators.

I believe many folks are simply angry that they could never receive that kind of support and success, and it eats them up alive. He gives the folks what they want, and he is rewarded handsomely. If you project isn't getting the same kind of atention, then obviously the folks don't want what you got.

Go Tyler.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Learn How To Make Fake Movie Blood / John Okafor Tries To Boil Atlantic Ocean / Peeps From Closed Bba(the Chase) Page Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.