Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,622 members, 7,958,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:13 AM

What Do You Mostly Do Online? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Do You Mostly Do Online? (20832 Views)

What Can I Do Online To Make Money Before Xmas? / What Do Young People Do Online Apart From Social Networking? / What Can I Do Online With My Website And Make Cool Money. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Mostly Do Online? by djeezy(m): 5:34pm On Oct 29, 2012
To be ad rem,I surf the net reading news and inter alia, and for fun, I chat on facebook and bbm.
Re: What Do You Mostly Do Online? by ojeniyi1: 5:35pm On Oct 29, 2012
I will go to presstv to compare the news i read bbc,cnn,fox news and other westernzionist news websites too, especially any news that has anything to do with middle east and africa.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Mostly Do Online? by tunapawizzy: 5:35pm On Oct 29, 2012
dplordx: P0RN P0RN P0RN P0RN!!!! Better than reading all this heartbreaking shyt about my fukn COUNTRY!!! angry
And yes, you can call me a sex-freak! Better than letting your crazy nairlanders kill me with hyper tension cheesy
chei shey omo ni eleyi abi sample

1 Like

Re: What Do You Mostly Do Online? by chucky234(m): 5:36pm On Oct 29, 2012
1. Nairaland
2.Facebook.com: To check updates from colleagues
3. Nairaland
4. Nairaland
5. Sunnewsonline.com for news to share on NL
6. Nairaland
7. Nairaland
8. Nairaland
9. Nairaland
10. Goal.com

That's the top 10 websites I visits daily,I don't have to visit gmail or aol to attend to mails as my mails are pushed to my home screen.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Mostly Do Online? by Jarus(m): 5:37pm On Oct 29, 2012
Top 10 sites I do

1, Nairaland.com
2, Facebook.com
3, Google.com (there are 2 names I must google everyday)
4, Punchng.com
5, Dailytrust.com
6, Ngrguardiannews.com
8, Twitter.com
9, Jarus.blog.com
10, Nigeriavillagesquare.com

Only the first 3 are daily. Others, depending on how busy I am, I may not open them in a day, but I do at least once or twice in 3 days. I may however not check the last 2 in a week sometimes.

I don't know where to put Yahoomail which is permanently on my phone, but checked only on alert of message.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Mostly Do Online? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 29, 2012

1 Like

Re: What Do You Mostly Do Online? by DualCore1: 5:38pm On Oct 29, 2012
What I mostly do online: Breathe.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Mostly Do Online? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 29, 2012
www.cnbc.com
www.cnn.com
www.hubpages.com (http://accofranco.hubpages.com)
www.nairaland.com
http://..com
http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/adsense
www.google.com
www.infobarrel.com
www.gmail.com

nairaland is cool for carrying out research that has to do with Nigeria...relationship, romance, love, marriage, money, politics, culture, opinion poll...etc smiley

Lest I forgot, facebook, twitter, and rarely youtube and skype

1 Like

Re: What Do You Mostly Do Online? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 29, 2012
1. Google
2. Youtube (for tutorials only)
3 Nairaland
4 Deviantart
5 FB
6 photoshopgurus.com tongue
Re: What Do You Mostly Do Online? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 29, 2012
Network Troubleshooting smiley
Re: What Do You Mostly Do Online? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 29, 2012
Managing my five online sites minus short blogs. Post on Nairaland, searches,etc. I am an addict!
Re: What Do You Mostly Do Online? by Blackteeth(m): 5:43pm On Oct 29, 2012
oya this is an opportunity for folks to advertise their sites and save themselves seun's "high" advertisement fees.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Mostly Do Online? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 29, 2012
smiley smiley
tunapawizzy:
chei shey omo ni eleyi abi sample
Re: What Do You Mostly Do Online? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 29, 2012
specialguest: Funny... But i am not suprised. I saw so many nairaland pages bookmarked on a friend"s system.. He eats and breaths nairaland. I mean arent there other productive things to do online apart from nairalanding?
you actually don't get it, nairaland is a person to me. To me nairaland is inspiredm...my auto dealer, spyder...my building contractor, fhemmy...auto dealer and electronic supplier, expertman....persistence and trust in business, George D...solar energy consultant, baslone and bemagnify...football things etc. There used to be a time when I could be online for hours just researching and reading-didnt see nl as much then, but these days, its all here. All I want to research is here except rarely when I have to use wikipedia.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Mostly Do Online? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 29, 2012
specialguest: I find myself mostly online (either i am working or browsing through websites i am addicted to) and sometimes people ask me questions like "what are you doing online or what website are you browsing?" to be honest, it used to be so annoying earlier on having to explain " oh i am on nairaland checking out the latest news" or i am searching for an information on google. But after careful consideration, i realised that most people who own devices that can browse ( laptops, web enabled phones, tablets,etc) actually have no idea about what to do online...

I would list a few things i do online/ the websites i visit often and i am asking fellow nairalanders to contribute for the sake of those who don't know what to do online. Hopefully this would be a sort of directory for them to consult when they have a need to browse.

1. www.nairaland.com- you can find virtually any information you need over here. I call it the one stop palace for browsing!
2. dbaforums.org - its an oracle forum for database administrators
3. www.mindtools.com- you can find resources here on a wide range of management tools. From problem solving to project management etc
4. www.cosmopolitan.co.uk- hmmmnnn my favorite online female magazine. Lots of intresting articles on fashion, love and sex.
5.www.youtube.com - free music videos and nija movies to watch.

As for the things i do online here"s a few:
Chatting on yahoo messenger or video calls on skype, playing games, taking random tutorials on my areas of interest, etc

Over to you ladies and gentlemen. Tell us the websites you frequently visit and what else you do online.

Your sisters website grin grin grin grin
Re: What Do You Mostly Do Online? by partyprofs(m): 5:52pm On Oct 29, 2012
i listen to the best internet radio www.reel-radio.com when am on line
Re: What Do You Mostly Do Online? by OkwaIfugo(m): 5:53pm On Oct 29, 2012
i visit :

1. www.okwaifugo.com ( Satisfying Nigerians with Usa/Canada to Nigeria goods delivery.
making payment help Services for clients.
Bulk sms sales @ 1naira per sms.
Exchange buy sell of ecurrencies like Liberty Reserve, Paypal etc.

2. Nairaland.com to know whats happening in Nigeria.
3. espnsoccernet.com to see the latest in sports.
4. arsenal.com to visit my village and know latest from my guys and prof.

and many more.
Re: What Do You Mostly Do Online? by ciphoenix: 5:56pm On Oct 29, 2012
I usually start with 8 tabs on google chrome.

1. Twitdeck (for twitter and facebook)
2. Gmail
3. GSMArena
4. My blogger page(checking for comments)
5. Wordpress
6. ScienceForums.Net
7. Student Doctor Network
8. Nairaland

after 30 minutes, bout 4 tabs(3, 4, 5 & 8 ) should be gone grin . Then i play to

dreamincode
stack overflow
code call
youtube
Re: What Do You Mostly Do Online? by MrGlobe(m): 5:56pm On Oct 29, 2012
Everybody watches poorrnn online, if poorn is not in your list keep lieing to yourself cool

Well, Apart from normal news and websites surfing for knowlege, updates and others, I kick it on hip hop and AA blogs. Naija blogs and people's comments are boring and repulsive. dont judge me

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Mostly Do Online? by ghettodreamz(m): 5:58pm On Oct 29, 2012
Work
Learn/Acquire more knowledge about many things.
Keep up with local naija news and happenings around the world (Nairaland,ChannelsTV,PunchNG,VanguardNews,CompleteSports,CNN,BBC & et al)
Keep up with friends on FB
Watch and download both local naija/foreign movies
Watch live soccer match at times,if I'm far away from the sitting room

I'm an addict, spend most part of my day on the www
Re: What Do You Mostly Do Online? by Troll: 5:59pm On Oct 29, 2012
All I Do Is Troll And Pass Time On The ''Not So Famous'' OnionBooty.com AllDay, ErrDay
*Big Grin*

1 Like

Re: What Do You Mostly Do Online? by ceejayluv(m): 6:01pm On Oct 29, 2012
Mashable.com ( tech news)
Cracked.com (humour site)
Gizmodo.com (tech news)
CNN.com
BBC.co.UK
Nairaland.com
Futurepundit.com (tech)
Vanguard.com
Geekosystem.com (nerd tech)
LinkedIn.com (job hunt)
The nation
YouTube
Facebook
Twitter
Japantimesonline.com (oriental news)

Check mail and sundry Google searches
Re: What Do You Mostly Do Online? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 29, 2012
Gizmodo
Jalopnik
N4g
Digg
Worldcarfans
Motortrend
Nairaland
Autocar.co.uk
Newjams.net
Rt.com
Slashdot
Engadget
Techradar
Wired
movies.yahoo.com
Honestjohn.co.uk
...these are just a few..i am never bored online.
Re: What Do You Mostly Do Online? by greatgod2012(f): 6:02pm On Oct 29, 2012
If im not on Nairaland, then i will check my mail on Gmail or go to goggle to find answers to some questions bothering me, (if any)

once in a while, i go to facebook.com.
Re: What Do You Mostly Do Online? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 29, 2012
1. Nairaland.com
2. Google neardeath experiences, life after death, Reincarnation and other paranormal activities.
3. Spiritlesson.com
4. Mercyjohnson.com
I'm addicted to Nairaland and neardeath experiences
Re: What Do You Mostly Do Online? by sunny4life(m): 6:03pm On Oct 29, 2012
D 1st site i visit is nairaland,then fb and nigerian newspapers especially punch.These days,am bcomin so addicted to Nairaland...i wonder d kind of jazz seun don put 4 dis site.I need rehab men...pls make una helep me ooooo
Re: What Do You Mostly Do Online? by slyopez(m): 6:05pm On Oct 29, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Everybody watches poorrnn online, if poorn is not in your list keep lieing to yourself cool

Well, Apart from normal news and websites surfing for knowlege, updates and others, I kick it on hip hop and AA blogs. Naija blogs and people's comments are boring and repulsive. dont judge me
Pikin
Re: What Do You Mostly Do Online? by Emmyk(m): 6:06pm On Oct 29, 2012
Facebook
Nairaland
Youtube
Google.com
twitter
ati bebe loor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

All these Nigerian Online E-Commerce Shops / Gtbank Cut $25 From The Money I Received Offshore Charges (wire Transfer) / Blogger, Jide Ogunsanya Weds (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.