Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

How To Start A Running Program-it Is Very Slow But Safe. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Start A Running Program-it Is Very Slow But Safe. (611 Views)

LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! / A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? / Abortion Pills: How Effective And Safe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Start A Running Program-it Is Very Slow But Safe. by laurend1985(f): 6:41pm On Oct 29, 2012
You always had a goal to run a race one day but you did not know where to start. I have the program for you because it starts you out slowly, very slowly. This may help you from being injured or developing a lot of musculoskeletal problems; however, you will need a good pair of running shoes and a stop watch.

Not theses

but theses

Run/walk level one
You do this program 4 days a week

Week 1
Walk 20 minutes Run 30 seconds/Walk 30 seconds (4 times) Walk 10 minutes
Cool-down walk for 2 minutes and then stretch

Week 2
Walk 18 minutes Run 30 seconds/walk 30 seconds (6 times) Walk 10 minutes

Week 3
Walk 16 minutes Run 30 seconds/walk 30 seconds (8 times) Walk 10 minutes

Week 4
Walk 14 minutes Run 30 seconds/walk 30 seconds (10 times) Walk 10 minutes

Look at my beginning workout for the stretching exercises.
http://thefrugalexerciser..com/2012/07/twenty-minute-workout-for-beginners-and.html

This will get you started and I will update and give you level 2 in four weeks. Let me know how it is working for you. It's slow but it will help you from developing a lot of aches and pains.

Re: How To Start A Running Program-it Is Very Slow But Safe. by laurend1985(f): 9:21pm On Oct 29, 2012
Let me know if you try this and how it goes.

(1) (Reply)

Good Hospital For Antenatal And Postnatal Care Around Ajah!!! / What Is It About 'staph"? / Hope This Is Not Std,,help***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.