Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,673 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays (2880 Views)

Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes / Official Translation Of The Interview With Pope Francis On Gays / Are Hurricanes Signs Of End Times? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by wiegraf: 1:41pm On Oct 30, 2012
@crazy
And there are a lot more than the ones posted by @plat

A question for you, would you murder for god? No cop out god will never ask me to that, he already has (though he seems to have abrogated those laws, yet you still feel the need to cherry pick). So if you got all the 'signs' strongly indicating god wanted you to murder, would you do it?

Now, if you insist, or (claim to) know, god is good, then why in the world do you think god would want homosexuals killed? Or people who work on sabbath? Or those that eat shellfish etc? If you can't think up any proper reason, then are you just parroting what some pastor told you without even reflecting on it for yourself?

Think about this, if you're incapable of using your own moral meter by yourself, without outside influence, then you're probably a danger to society. Nazi doctrine was carried out by church going folk, as were most other genocides, the Islamic terrorists, stalin's policies by similarly brainwashed (just not going to church), etc, etc. So, how easy would it be for a pastor to get you to kill for god?

1 Like

Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by CrazyMan(m): 3:23pm On Oct 30, 2012
plaetton: Going to church on sunday is also a sin, according to the ten commandments.
Stop exposing your ignorance...the law of moses is outdated as far as the christian body is concerned.

You atheist amaze me, you bring up laws from the old testament to justify your statement...why not tell us (christians) to sacrifice animals whenever we sin, after all its also in the bible.

plaetton: Heterosexual sex between unmarried people is also a sin.
All sexua1 acts, outside of natural marital relations open to life, are intrinsically evil and sinful.

All unnatural sexua1 acts e.g sex with animals or dead bodies are evil and sinful.

All sexua1 acts between persons of the same gender are intrinsically evil and very sinful.

Sins are acts involving the intellect (knowing) and the will (choosing). An orientation is not, in and of itself, an act or a sin.

All human persons are children of God. No human person is intrinsically evil, even if he or she has an intrinsically evil sexua1 orientation.

All human persons inherently deserve just and merciful treatment, and should not be judged or segregated should you discover that he or she is into homosexua1ity...instead they should be loved as christ loved us.

The promotion and spread of homosexua1ity is offensive to God and is gravely harmful to families, the Church, and society in general.

plaetton: Pastors Lying to people in order to get their money is also a sin, a great evil. Judging and condemning other people is also a sin.
True!

plaetton: Now the question is: are there heirarchies of sin? Is one sin greater than another?
 1 Corinthians 6:18. Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

In this passage, we're made to understand by apostle Paul that we should "Flee from sexua1 immorality.

All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexua11y sins against his own body."

Now to your question....The Holy Spirit inspired Paul to express that sexua1 sin is different from other sins. Because the sin is against the human body.

Christians commit the sin against the dwelling place of the Holy Spirit. Paul said, "All other sins are outside the body." This distinguishes sexua1 sin from other sins, why if you may ask...the answer is simple...other sins are committed outside the body, but sexua1 sin isn't.

So all sins are not equal.

plaetton: Another question; If god created you left-handed, would using your left hand be considered a sin in the eyes of god?
What kind of question is this?

Why should the use of left hand be considered as a sin?

1 Like

Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by CrazyMan(m): 3:25pm On Oct 30, 2012
musKeeto:
Sir, is homosexuality a 'greater' sin? Aren't all sins equal?
Yup...homosexua1ity and other sexua11y related sins are much greater than others...read my previous post.
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 30, 2012
CrazyMan:
Yup...homosexua1ity and other sexua11y related sins are much greater than others...read my previous post.

Stealing millions from a chruch congregation and leaving people in muisery is less of a sin than two consenting adults having sex?

Slavery nko? It is now a smaller sin that having gay sex or premarital sex?
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 30, 2012
CrazyMan:
Are there any sins greater than 'homosexuality'?
Do you think the hurricane will only affect the homosexuals?
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by CrazyMan(m): 4:17pm On Oct 30, 2012
wiegraf: @crazy
And there are a lot more than the ones posted by @plat

A question for you, would you murder for god? No cop out god will never ask me to that, he already has (though he seems to have abrogated those laws, yet you still feel the need to cherry pick). So if you got all the 'signs' strongly indicating god wanted you to murder, would you do it?
Did Jesus tell any of his disciples to murder anyone?

People that murder people, and claim they were sent by God should be arrested, tried, and jailed or put to death.

God can never ask you to murder someone period!

wiegraf: Now, if you insist, or (claim to) know, god is good, then why in the world do you think god would want homosexuals killed? Or people who work on sabbath? Or those that eat shellfish etc? If you can't think up any proper reason, then are you just parroting what some pastor told you without even reflecting on it for yourself?
God doesn't want anyone killed...people die as a result of their sins.

Proverbs 14:34. Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.

Once sin enters an environment, death follows...God's words remains true.

wiegraf: Think about this, if you're incapable of using your own moral meter by yourself, without outside influence, then you're probably a danger to society. Nazi doctrine was carried out by church going folk, as were most other genocides, the Islamic terrorists, stalin's policies by similarly brainwashed (just not going to church), etc, etc. So, how easy would it be for a pastor to get you to kill for god?
All this examples you're giving are totally different from what christianity is all about.

The bible preaches peace and submission not dictatorship and wickedness.

No christian be you a pastor, a bishop, a GO, even the pope can make convince me to take another person's life under the disguise of working for God.

I read my bible and I know what it entails...
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by wiegraf: 5:21pm On Oct 30, 2012
CrazyMan:
Did Jesus tell any of his disciples to murder anyone?

People that murder people, and claim they were sent by God should be arrested, tried, and jailed or put to death.

God can never ask you to murder someone period!

CrazyMan:
Homosexuality is a sin....and according to Romans 6:23, the wages of sin is death.

So if sin = death

And homosexuality = sin

We can therefore conclude that homosexuality = death.

So like I stated earlier, the pastor is right.

You've read the old testament? Who was it that was about to sacrifice his kid? The bible scholars will kick in if they can be bothered.

Even if God were not asking you directly to kill gays, if people blame them for natural disasters and all the general ills that befall them, can you begin to grasp how they will treat gays? Even in secular societies where ppl with teh gay are not persecuted by the government, so long as they are predominantly judeo-christian quite a few murders have taken place, you know that yes?

How in the world could you look anyone in the eye and claim this is a loving god?

CrazyMan:
God doesn't want anyone killed...people die as a result of their sins.

Proverbs 14:34. Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.

Once sin enters an environment, death follows...God's words remains true.

People die as a result of their sins? This is so wrong on so many levels I cannot possibly face it atm.

CrazyMan:
All this examples you're giving are totally different from what christianity is all about.

The bible preaches peace and submission not dictatorship and wickedness.

No christian be you a pastor, a bishop, a GO, even the pope can make convince me to take another person's life under the disguise of working for God.

I read my bible and I know what it entails...

Submission entails surrendering your will. Many, many people have killed in the name of god. And you're missing the point of all those examples, it isn't about xtianity, it's about blindly following any idealogy, religious or not. It's about you learning to discern right from wrong without having to consult a book written by some nomads 2000 years ago. You clearly don't seem to be able to do that, else give me a logical reason, not one from the bible, for concluding gays are evil.

Here's some more people blindly following dogma

http://www.listverse.com/2008/04/02/8-atrocities-committed-in-the-name-of-religion/
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by plaetton: 5:33pm On Oct 30, 2012
What a demented, confused mind.
So according to Crazyman, all old testament laws should be thrown into the dustbin?.
Ok. I'm glad we have that straightened out.
But wait,that means the entire ten commandments should be considered null and void, right?
Ok.

What about god's alleged hatred for for homosexuality, is that not also in the old testament? By your statement, that should also be null and void since it is found in the old testament.

Here is what the new testament says ;
1 Tim 1:9-10 "realizing the fact that (civil) law is not made for a righteous man, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers"

So here we see that the writer condemns homosexuality along with other sins like murder, kidnapping,lying and perjury. So according to this verse,a lying pastor would be in the same category as a homosexual sinner.

Rom 1:26-27 "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error."

We see in this verse that Yahweh is actually the one who gave people over to degrading passions. Very interesting indeed.
So god makes people do bad things, and then he and some lame brains calling themselves christians, then condemn the people as sinners.

Yahweh and his lame brain followers seem to have bi-polar personalities.
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by CrazyMan(m): 5:58pm On Oct 30, 2012
Logicboy03: Stealing millions from a chruch congregation and leaving people in muisery is less of a sin than two consenting adults having sex?
When a thief is caught, he's expected to pay back 7times of that which he stole....but the case of homosexuality is different, your body is the temple of God, therefore trying to defile it can attract grave consequences.

Logicboy03: Slavery nko? It is now a smaller sin that having gay sex or premarital sex?
1 Corinthians 7:21-24. Were you a slave when you were called? Don't let it trouble you—although if you can gain your freedom, do so. 22 For the one who was a slave when called to faith in the Lord is the Lord's freed person; similarly, the one who was free when called is Christ's slave. 23 You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of human beings. 24 Brothers and sisters, each person, as responsible to God, should remain in the situation they were in when God called them.

From this passage, the bible is aware of slavery, that's why slaves are told by to seek or purchase their freedom whenever possible.

You should know that most slave owners aren't born again christians....therefore if by any means you become a slave either by war, debt etc...what the bible suggests you do is to buy your freedom.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 30, 2012
CrazyMan:
When a thief is caught, he's expected to pay back 7times of that which he stole....but the case of homosexuality is different, your body is the temple of God, therefore trying to defile it can attract grave consequences.

1 Corinthians 7:21-24. Were you a slave when you were called? Don't let it trouble you—although if you can gain your freedom, do so. 22 For the one who was a slave when called to faith in the Lord is the Lord's freed person; similarly, the one who was free when called is Christ's slave. 23 You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of human beings. 24 Brothers and sisters, each person, as responsible to God, should remain in the situation they were in when God called them.

From this passage, the bible is aware of slavery, that's why slaves are told by to seek or purchase their freedom whenever possible.

You should know that most slave owners aren't born again christians....therefore if by any means you become a slave either by war, debt etc...what the bible suggests you do is to buy your freedom.
I dont need to respond to you anymore. If the bold is common sense to you, then you are indeed a brainwashed fundamentalist
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by CrazyMan(m): 6:46pm On Oct 30, 2012
plaetton: What a demented, confused mind.
So according to Crazyman, all old testament laws should be thrown into the dustbin?.

But wait,that means the entire ten commandments should be considered null and void, right?
Ok.
Its obvious that you type without taking time to reason properly if what you're about to say makes any sense.

Matthew 27:51.  At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split NIV

When Jesus died, the laws of moses was abolished...read your bible properly stop posting like an ignorant fellow.

Hebrews 9:14-15. How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!

15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

Stop disappointing me...read and understand something properly before coming publicly to state where you stand. Believe me, it would save you a lot a humiliation.

Jesus is the way, the truth and the life...the laws of moses are no longer valid...christ death and resurrection has brought us closer to God.

plaetton: What about god's alleged hatred for for homosexuality, is that not also in the old testament? By your statement, that should also be null and void since it is found in the old testament.
How about the passage I posted previously...where we're being told to flee from fornication.  1 Corinthians 6:18.

Are you reading my post at all, or are you just hitting the reply button simply because you want to keep up this argument?

plaetton: Here is what the new testament says ;
1 Tim 1:9-10 "realizing the fact that (civil) law is not made for a righteous man, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers"

So here we see that the writer condemns homosexuality along with other sins like murder, kidnapping,lying and perjury. So according to this verse,a lying pastor would be in the same category as a homosexual sinner.

Rom 1:26-27 "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error."

We see in this verse that Yahweh is actually the one who gave people over to degrading passions. Very interesting indeed.
So god makes people do bad things, and then he and some lame brains calling themselves christians, then condemn the people as sinners.

Yahweh and his lame brain followers seem to have bi-polar personalities.
I don't need to waste my time on you any longer...its obvious you lack understanding of the scriptures. You just post passages that agree with your argument.

You're an atheist, so even if I type here till eternity, you'll never be convinced...so what's the point.
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by CrazyMan(m): 6:56pm On Oct 30, 2012
Logicboy03:
I dont need to respond to you anymore. If the bold is common sense to you, then you are indeed a brainwashed fundamentalist
And you're nothing but a scoffer.

You ask questions, when answers are being provided, you make fun of it.

Why not go back to your previous posts and see how irritating you sound.

You asked if stealing and slavery are greater than sexua1 sins, I replied you by explaining in detail how God feel about sexua1 sins.

But in your usual manner which I'm no longer surprised at, nothing ever satisfies you guys.

I would therefore suggest that you stick to the topic of our argument (if other sins are greater than homosexuality) and refrain from adding unnecessary theories.
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 30, 2012
@CrazyMan:
musKeeto:
Are there any sins greater than 'homosexuality'?
Do you think the hurricane will only affect the homosexuals?
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 30, 2012
Can you disprove his claims?
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 30, 2012
CrazyMan:
And you're nothing but a scoffer.

You ask questions, when answers are being provided, you make fun of it.

Why not go back to your previous posts and see how irritating you sound.

You asked if stealing and slavery are greater than sexua1 sins, I replied you by explaining in detail how God feel about sexua1 sins.

But in your usual manner which I'm no longer surprised at, nothing ever satisfies you guys.

I would therefore suggest that you stick to the topic of our argument (if other sins are greater than homosexuality) and refrain from adding unnecessary theories.

You replied nonsense.

You did not directly say yes or no to the question.

Secondly, you lied that born again christians did not have slaves when the christians that brought christianity to you and your forefathers were engaged in slavery. You are silly. Even the churches that brought christianity to Nigeria; the Bpatist, catholic and Anglicans have all put apologies forward to say sorry for slavery.

Thirdly, you claim that a thief is expected to pay back 7 times. Either that is a lie or God is a dumbazz. How can a theif that has stolen millions fronm his congragation pay 7 times the amount?

Or a thief who stole a car that he cant afford pay back in 7 fold?
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 30, 2012
J12: Can you disprove his claims?

Gay sex can not cause hurricanes. angry
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 30, 2012
Logicboy03:

Gay sex can not cause hurricanes. angry

Says who?
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 30, 2012
J12:

Says who?
Gay sex causes hurricanes. Animal sex causes meteor showers. 0rgies cause earthquakes... makes a lot of sense..
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 30, 2012
J12:

Says who?

Really? Bro really?

Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 30, 2012
musKeeto:
Gay sex causes hurricanes. Animal sex causes meteor showers. Orgies cause earthquakes... makes a lot of sense..

The crux of the matter stands, he can be right or wrong but you must state strong reasons why you believe he's wrong.
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by CrazyMan(m): 7:17pm On Oct 30, 2012
musKeeto: Are there any sins greater than 'homosexuality'?
A sexual sin is very grave sin...because it involves you sinning against your body which happens to be the temple of God.

musKeeto: Do you think the hurricane will only affect the homosexuals?
Why can't you use your brain? How on earth would hurricane affect only the homosexua1 in a nation?

God destoryed sodom and gomorrah because homosexuality was at its peak...did the fire affect only the homosexuals?

1 Like

Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by wiegraf: 7:23pm On Oct 30, 2012
J12:

Says who?

There was this very big wtf response, complete with berating I was going to post, seems I haven't yet been desensitized to the sheer amounts of stoopid available in these boards. I think I'll just wait and see where this is going, for now...
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 30, 2012
CrazyMan:
A sexual sin is very grave sin...because it involves you sinning against your body which happens to be the temple of God.

Why can't you use your brain? How on earth would hurricane affect only the homosexua1 in a nation?

God destoryed sodom and gomorrah because homosexuality was at its peak...did the fire affect only the homosexuals?
I'm using my brain. So if God sent the hurricanes, it's going to kill everyone, homosexuals and heterosexuals... just like Sodom and Gomorrah.
That's how Yahweh handles business.. kill and destroy everything and everyone around the vicinity of the sinners.. seems like His Son's death was not enough.. abi d blood of Jesus don finish?

So the floods in Nigeria, are they also from God? Do you believe there are man-made disasters? How do you differentiate btw man-made disasters and God's punishment?
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 30, 2012
J12:

The crux of the matter stands, he can be right or wrong but you must state strong reasons why you believe he's wrong.
Another Anony?
For me to state why I believe He's wrong, I'd have to know if you think he's right or wrong... so I know exactly what manner of troll I'm dealing with here.

1 Like

Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 30, 2012
J12:

Really? You need someone to tell you that sexual activities have no bearing on natural disastrs like hurricanes?
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 30, 2012
wiegraf:

There was this very big wtf response, complete with berating I was going to post, seems I haven't yet been desensitized to the sheer amounts of stoopid available in these boards. I think I'll just wait and see where this is going, for now...

Yet to disprove his claims. . .
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by CrazyMan(m): 7:28pm On Oct 30, 2012
Logicboy03: Secondly, you lied that born again christians did not have slaves when the christians that brought christianity to you and your forefathers were engaged in slavery. You are silly. Even the churches that brought christianity to Nigeria; the Bpatist, catholic and Anglicans have all put apologies forward to say sorry for slavery.
You even sound more silly.

How can you call people who tortured and killed africans all in the name of slavery born again christians?

You must be sick.

Logicboy03: Thirdly, you claim that a thief is expected to pay back 7 times. Either that is a lie or God is a dumbazz. How can a theif that has stolen millions fronm his congragation pay 7 times the amount?

Or a thief who stole a car that he cant afford pay back in 7 fold?
Define the term thief?

"The bible says if a thief is caught he pays back 7times" you claim that men of God are thieves...how man of them have you caught? Can you expect someone whom you haven't caught stealing to pay you?

Stop disappointing me with you ignorant posts I believe you're much wiser than this.

1 Like

Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by wiegraf: 7:28pm On Oct 30, 2012
So, @crazyman, have you yet figured out one reason, not a religious one, to justify persecuting gays?

And on another note, the levels of cherry picking you've displayed with regards to sins borders on being revolting. Again, I don't see you persecuting people who work on sundays. Though I do like @plaets post which points out that the NT is guilty of being just as bigoted with regards to teh gay.
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by wiegraf: 7:31pm On Oct 30, 2012
J12:

Yet to disprove his claims. . .

Don't be an eediot, did I say I was going to disprove them? If I did decide to focus on you, could you show that you understand how burden of proof works?
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 30, 2012
Logicboy03:

Really? You need someone to tell you that sexual activities have no bearing on natural disastrs like hurricanes?

Well, according to the pastors perspectives (spiritually speaking of course), these aren't just "sexual activities". They're extremely immoral and sinful acts that has incurred the wrath of a supernatural being (god the creator). Hence the punishment through natural disasters . . .
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 30, 2012
J12:

Well, according to the pastors perspectives (spiritually speaking of course), these aren't just "sexual activities". They're extremely immoral and sinful acts that has incurred the wrath of a supernatural being (god the creator). Hence the punishment through natural disasters . . .
You dolts... if he's still using 'natural events' to punish sinners, then of what use was Jesus' 'sacrifice'? How then is he different from the monster in the OT?
Re: Anti-gay Pastor Blames Hurricanes On Gays by plaetton: 7:36pm On Oct 30, 2012
CrazyMan:
You even sound more silly.

How can you call people who tortured and killed africans all in the name of slavery born again christians?

You must be sick.

Define the term thief?

"The bible says if a thief is caught he pays back 7times" you claim that men of God are thieves...how man of them have you caught? Can you expect someone whom you haven't caught stealing to pay you?

Stop disappointing me with you ignorant posts I believe you're much wiser than this.

Where in the bible does it say that a thief should pay back seven times?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benefits Of Commitment / Speaking In Tongues:xenoglossia Vs Glossolalia / What Is The Bible Meaning Of Speaking In Tongues? {glossolalia Or Xenoglossy}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.