Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Why BSc/HND Dichotomy - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why BSc/HND Dichotomy (1672 Views)

Dangote Is Accepting Cv-bsc/hnd Closes Feb. 5th / Access Bank Hiring - Bsc+ Msc / Delta State Civil Servive Commission Recruiting, All Field(OND,HND,BSC, etc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why BSc/HND Dichotomy by Belloladan(m): 3:06am On Oct 30, 2012
My reason behind this is that certificate is not the true test of intellectuality. being a Bsc holder doesn't mean that you can perform better in the task assigned to you. My fear is that if the Nigerian government continued to accept this BSc/HND dichotomy, later on' in the future people would abandon going to into the polytechnics to obtained their HND because it would be considered as waste of time. They would have prefarred to go the universities i am appleading to the authority responsible to take this issue into consideration and find a suitable and everlasting solution apropariete problems
Re: Why BSc/HND Dichotomy by debbydominic(f): 7:01am On Oct 30, 2012
mr poster na wa for u oo.I understand ur plight but at least you should have checked your words construction before posting.little wonder the disparity between the HND holders and the BSC holders. A graduate should know how to express himself coherently without bombshells.

Bello ladan: From my point of view Nig. gov't is naglecting the value of HND holder's while prepared the Bsc holder which i am against it, to me its unfair and unjust because its not anybody that holds Bsc knows better then HND holder which 9Ja gov't feld to understand therefore, my reason behind this is that, certificate its not true test of intectuality by aquiring Bsc dose't mean you can paform better in the task asign to you. my fear is that if the nigerian gov't contineous to accept this Bsc/HND dichotomy letter on in the future ppl would abondon going to polytechnics to obtain HND because it would be consider as west of time they would have to go to the universitties and obtain their Bsc as the case may be, i am therefore, appleding to the body responsible for this, to take this issue into consideration and find a suitable and everlasting solution to the appropariate problems
Re: Why BSc/HND Dichotomy by chamber2(m): 7:10am On Oct 30, 2012
Crap!
Unintelligent!
Waste of space!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why BSc/HND Dichotomy by ayokenny37(m): 7:25am On Oct 30, 2012
From the tone of your post, I guess you are an HND holder? If so then you yourself have already proved peolpe discriminating right with your grammatical structure.

Well what I know is this: yes there's discrimnation but I stand to say that discrimination will come to you if and only if you allow it.

I as a person have hnd lower credit but had to build myself professionally with IT certifications and I am better off Bsc holders today.

Above all, its by His grace and Mercy
Re: Why BSc/HND Dichotomy by odumdesmond: 7:41am On Oct 30, 2012
Bello ladan: From my point of view Nig. gov't is naglecting the value of HND holder's while prepared the Bsc holder which i am against it, to me its unfair and unjust because its not anybody that holds Bsc knows better then HND holder which 9Ja gov't feld to understand therefore, my reason behind this is that, certificate its not true test of intectuality by aquiring Bsc dose't mean you can paform better in the task asign to you. my fear is that if the nigerian gov't contineous to accept this Bsc/HND dichotomy letter on in the future ppl would abondon going to polytechnics to obtain HND because it would be consider as west of time they would have to go to the universitties and obtain their Bsc as the case may be, i am therefore, appleding to the body responsible for this, to take this issue into consideration and find a suitable and everlasting solution to the appropariate problems
Your grammatical blunders here has clearly shown why HND and BSc can never be equal no matter what anybody says, sorry to say that. Wouldn't the government you accused of "prepared" prefering Bsc to Hnd finally be vindicated assuming you were to send this error ridden blunder of a write up to National Assembly or the President!!! Let me even ask you this, what was your score in JAMB before you gained admission to Polythenic, how much scores do you think a Bsc is required to have to gain admission? What was your credit load like while in Poly, have you cared to find out what same is in University? See you cannot ask for equal treatment with Bsc holder when the standard and quality we go through isn't same!!! Poly is very cheap I bet you
Re: Why BSc/HND Dichotomy by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 30, 2012
Post modified by handler.
Re: Why BSc/HND Dichotomy by Belloladan(m): 9:29am On Oct 30, 2012
I am written this blog to matured ppl not dullard kido like you!
Re: Why BSc/HND Dichotomy by DonaldGenes(m): 9:44am On Oct 30, 2012
Suffice me to say.,am not the type that pick loopholes on your post and apparently i do believe you can learn from your grammatical flaws as you take note of some of the embossed grey areas where you erred as pointed out to you ok,conversely just as i wanna advise you,any written words you are typing,try and proofread 'em before clicking the submit 'button' aaaight.

guys pls dont dissed him again and i guess the OP has taken note of your constructive criticisms with equanimity.
God bless us!
God bless you all
Re: Why BSc/HND Dichotomy by 234GT(m): 9:56am On Oct 30, 2012
Bello ladan: I am written this blog to matured ppl not dullard kido like you!
I am sorry, but with this kind of English, HND holders will continue to play second fiddle to BSc holders. I dont support criticising people for their English because it is not our native language. However, this is too bad.
Re: Why BSc/HND Dichotomy by DonaldGenes(m): 10:07am On Oct 30, 2012

oops! Here you go again bello

you don't say 'i am WRITTEN'
you should have said 'I wrote this to matured Ppl' when you say written,it sounds somehow to the hearing of your audience
Okay let's see another typical example 'if you say 'I am eaten the food because i was hungry'' it's absolutely wrong
you say 'I ate the food because i was hungry'' okay.
Avoid using too much of 'Past perfect tense' in place of 'Past tense' when it doesn't warrant okay brother

Write(Present tense)
Wrote(Past tense)
Written(Past Perfect) can you see now?
as you can see i am learning from your mistakes too!
Re: Why BSc/HND Dichotomy by debbydominic(f): 10:25am On Oct 30, 2012
What are you typing? Go and read brighter grammar joor and stop disgracing the poly graduates.

Re: Why BSc/HND Dichotomy by odumdesmond: 11:01am On Oct 30, 2012
pls just stop disgracing yourself with this kind of bad grammar, my child in primary 4 will not dare write that kind of blunder, are u not a disgrace to Hnd holders!!! Take corrections and don't make excuses for it
Re: Why BSc/HND Dichotomy by odumdesmond: 11:14am On Oct 30, 2012
dirtymoney:
cheap indeed. while i was doing my post graduate @ unad. i topped a class of bsc holders. guy... no be by certificate. person wey get brain, get brain! forget the school wey im attend. and for the blunders..... i reserve my comments.
Congrats broda, perhaps you are one in a million!!! I don't have anything against Poly graduates oh, but most of them have always given us reason to discriminate against them! Education is not only ability to read and write, it is also about the totality of the man, an instrument of refining of the mind. It goes to show how you dress, how you walk, talk, relate with people!
Re: Why BSc/HND Dichotomy by Belloladan(m): 12:09pm On Oct 30, 2012
A the porotocols were duelly observed, @odum thanks for obseving the errors in my write-up and corrections being made i appreciate you for that, u have done very well so far! but, rem i did'nt study english to some extent but i think have tried with the little expriences i gained from my english teacher
Re: Why BSc/HND Dichotomy by Obinoscopy(m): 12:26pm On Oct 30, 2012
@all, OP's post has been corrected for grammatical errors to the much of the moderator's ability. Cheers cool
Re: Why BSc/HND Dichotomy by Belloladan(m): 12:48pm On Oct 30, 2012
Thanks a lot moderator i wander why? other nigerians likes to disgress someone for commiteen erros in his write-up why not correcting him? so that he can learn from all his mistakes remb nobody is complete 100percent perfect once again thanks and God bless you!
Re: Why BSc/HND Dichotomy by DonaldGenes(m): 2:06pm On Oct 30, 2012
Hmmm
Re: Why BSc/HND Dichotomy by sunjos79: 11:19am On Nov 02, 2012
To my understanding,the founder of this topic committed the blunders deliberately.
To the controversial issue,I am HND holder. Why the stress from Bsc counterparts?Federal govt tertiary scholarship award-north central was collected by Poly products of whom I am part.check punch newspaper 2010,october.
So,fed. Govt is the causer of the discrimination.if it decides to stop it 2day,it will stand.
Bsc cum hnd are matchable as done in london etc afterall we brought the system from uk.
God help us all to be achievers materially and monetarily and not whom is better than other.

(1) (Reply)

Graduate With 2:2 From UK University / Fire Service And Frsc Recruiting / GVA Partners Recruiting Graduate Trainees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.