Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Lagosdate.com, Dating Site For Nigerians - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Lagosdate.com, Dating Site For Nigerians (11915 Views)

100% Free Dating Site For Married & Singles / Pure Christian Nigerian Dating Site / Lagosdate.com, The New Dating Site For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagosdate.com, Dating Site For Nigerians by extraman(m): 1:29am On Apr 19, 2006
What do you guys think about this press release  that appeared in the media today across the globe?

New Website 'Where Nigerians Click’ Helps Singles Vent, Talk Business, and Search for Love
Tuesday April 18, 8:20 am ET

Toronto, April 17  -- Lagosdate.com, a new niche- dating site launched this week, already has over 8,000 members worldwide. It's the first online dating site to target Nigerians around the globe. You can search and get matched up with people mostly from Nigeria either living abroad or in the country. Also, it offers the opportunity to be matched with people from other parts of the continent.

"We did our research and asked Nigerians what features they would like to see in a dating site," said David Ola, President of Lagosdate.com. "We used the feedback to provide the desirable features and functionalities that are second to none.

"We offer three chat rooms which include: The Professional Cafe, where members share business ideas, talk about current trends and expand their contacts; The Board Room is a place to vent, release work frustrations, and discuss job issues and relationships; and The Lounge, a place to relax and socialize with other professionals."

"Because we believe individuals who share similar cultural background do match well together," added David, "we offer them the ability to narrow their search “. Many singles joining our site are bankers, entrepreneurs, IT professionals, and executives. Most members are doing well in their professional lives and are serious about improving their love life."

www.lagosdate.com is currently the number one online dating website that caters mainly to people from Nigeria. It is free to register on the website, but to enjoy the significant extra features on the website; one will have to join in.

[center]-30-Interview Contact:

David Ola
http://www.lagosdate.com
info@lagosdate.com
extra144@hotmail.com

[/center]
Re: Lagosdate.com, Dating Site For Nigerians by Seun(m): 1:37am On Apr 19, 2006
That's your website, right? Thanks for sharing with the nairaland community. What sets it apart from the others?
Re: Lagosdate.com, Dating Site For Nigerians by Nas05: 11:37am On Apr 19, 2006
Thats a lovely idea. I wish you the best. Personally I've tried going through some of these dating sites but end up getting frustrated cause the match making is so poor. I will follow you guys closely.
Re: Lagosdate.com, Dating Site For Nigerians by larger20(m): 6:53pm On Apr 19, 2006
OOOO

OOO
Re: Lagosdate.com, Dating Site For Nigerians by my2cents(m): 7:12pm On Apr 19, 2006
In my opinion, the site is a good idea. The only thing I have against it (and for the most part, other sites that employ stuff I am about to discuss) is that you don't get that Nigerian (or in this case Lagosian) feel on the site - the beach in the background doesn't look Nigerian. Neither do the people (especially the white people wink). If I was to visit this site, up front, I wouldn't associate it with a site primarily aimed at Nigerians (at least I assume that's the aim).

I don't know, maybe I am just too particular/proud of my people to be nit-picking like this. All in all though, in terms of it being a site that brings together Nigerian singles, it's a good idea and its intent is good.
Re: Lagosdate.com, Dating Site For Nigerians by Nas05: 7:18pm On Apr 19, 2006
Hey larger 20 thanks a lot. Just tried logging on to the site and didn't like what I saw.
Please to the site owners please make it a uniquely Nigerian product to suit our peculiarities and tastes. Believe me when I say that Nigerians are a head above others when it comes to taste and individualism. Let it show please. I will keep in touch to see the changes are effected.
The first page says a lot. Good concept though.
Re: Lagosdate.com, Dating Site For Nigerians by loungr(m): 10:11pm On Apr 19, 2006
http://www.datingsoftware.us/

now i see how come you have 8000 members ,, who by the way are not even nigerian

the package comes with a database of users shocked
Re: Lagosdate.com, Dating Site For Nigerians by kimba(m): 5:03am On Apr 21, 2006
insult upon injury!!!
Re: Lagosdate.com, Dating Site For Nigerians by extraman(m): 1:30pm On Apr 21, 2006
It is amazing how naija people are fast to criticize stuff without  actually viewing it in its entirety.This website (lagosdate.com), has actually helped me secure a seat in the area of love life.I found a good Nigerian woman, who am still dating until this point.I just thought that others should know about it too.
Re: Lagosdate.com, Dating Site For Nigerians by larger20(m): 4:48pm On Apr 21, 2006
extraman:

It is amazing how naija people are fast to criticize stuff without actually viewing it in its entirety.This website (lagosdate.com), has actually helped me secure a seat in the area of love life.I found a good Nigerian woman, who am still dating until this point.I just thought that others should know about it too.

Good luck with the girl u r found from that site. Maybe that is why u r advertising, good but it will not succed if u very few people like u r intrested. visit meetnigerians.net. Its more original
Re: Lagosdate.com, Dating Site For Nigerians by Farriel(m): 10:57am On Apr 24, 2006
Duh, the site's not it. At least if looked at from the angle that Nigerians are expected to look at it from. The site has got to project a feel that says "oboy welcome o, this site na for Naijas by Naijas, make u quickly register so you go begin enjoy the boku boku things wey full this site oh!" and really, that visitor has got to feel really connected to your site and site's concepts. I'm not saying you should make your welcome note pidgin, but let everything about this site be Nigerian. I think the domain is cool, but it has to go beyond that.

One's got to see pictures of real Nigerians, find names of people in Jos, Port Harcourt, Lagos, Uyo, etc, and not names from Alabama and Missouri. You get my drift? Your testimonies should come from guys in Nigeria, not Atlanta. And at least, throw a splash of pidgin english here and there. Make it typically and uniquely Nigerian, my brother.

Ditch this stuff you've got that's atypically US. Nigerians are not Americans. If you want to get to them, get to them with a branding that screams NIGERIA!.
Re: Lagosdate.com, Dating Site For Nigerians by mustafar1: 9:03pm On Apr 24, 2006
crap!
Re: Lagosdate.com, Dating Site For Nigerians by deb(m): 3:57pm On Apr 26, 2006
It cost nothing to dream while it cost everything not to dream.

Extraman I want to encourage you to continue with what you are doing. Remember for every dream you have there is also one dream killer around to condemn your idea.

Please continue following up your dream. Lagosdate.com is the bomb! and you are really an Extraman for taking action.
Re: Lagosdate.com, Dating Site For Nigerians by tipsy289(m): 8:26pm On Apr 26, 2006
From the way everyone's tlkn bout it,the site must be crap, as in the lagos is just a name,forget that it is a state in Naija,abi now.
Re: Lagosdate.com, Dating Site For Nigerians by Blue2(m): 4:19pm On Apr 29, 2006
The site is crap!! angry tongue whoever introduced it here should have his/her head examined
Re: Lagosdate.com, Dating Site For Nigerians by sachiwenge(m): 8:43pm On Apr 29, 2006
correct ooo! nothing dey happen,finally i go marry. grin
Re: Lagosdate.com, Dating Site For Nigerians by deb(m): 12:12pm On May 22, 2006
The site is crap!!   whoever introduced it here should have his/her head examined

You wont do anything and when others do it all you can do is to criticize.
And you wont even do it constructively. embarassed angry

Extraman please dont give up. Make all the necessary adjustment as suggested.
Also try and study other dating sites and may be there is something you can do to
make your own idea much better. I'm glad you already have a niche which is Lagos.
Re: Lagosdate.com, Dating Site For Nigerians by extraman(m): 7:59am On Jun 12, 2006
DEB, I would like to greatly thank you for wise statements.
Re: Lagosdate.com, Dating Site For Nigerians by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 18, 2009
@extraman sorri but dat site*I BLIVE ITS URS* is boring.i registered and it aint fun being dere.pple dere r like 4rm d OLDIES lipsrsealed try makin it better pls kiss

(1) (Reply)

Sugar Mummy Agent, Are They For Real Or Another Online Fraudstars / Who Is The Finest Girl On Nairaland? / Happy Birthday Marieolae!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.