Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,245 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

MTN Subscriber Base Hits 183m, Creates 350,000 Jobs In Nigeria - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Subscriber Base Hits 183m, Creates 350,000 Jobs In Nigeria (9792 Views)

British Man Creates His Facebook Profile Pic With Nigerian Flag: What He Wrote / Please Help: How Can I Download The GSM Subscriber Base On NCC Website? / Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Subscriber Base Hits 183m, Creates 350,000 Jobs In Nigeria by SmileGirl(f): 2:54pm On Oct 31, 2012
My data plan is wasting, oo eMpTy heN.
Re: MTN Subscriber Base Hits 183m, Creates 350,000 Jobs In Nigeria by blogger77: 2:56pm On Oct 31, 2012
That is great. We at justbuyorsell.com think that MTN should improve on their current service delivery level. It is still poor at present
Re: MTN Subscriber Base Hits 183m, Creates 350,000 Jobs In Nigeria by adekennis(m): 3:10pm On Oct 31, 2012
Please can somebody remind me the population of this country??Abi they mean all over Africa? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: MTN Subscriber Base Hits 183m, Creates 350,000 Jobs In Nigeria by chegbe1104: 3:22pm On Oct 31, 2012
Please can somebody remind me the population of this country??Abi they mean all over Africa?

Please read the post
Re: MTN Subscriber Base Hits 183m, Creates 350,000 Jobs In Nigeria by mrperfect(m): 3:44pm On Oct 31, 2012
Good report.
Re: MTN Subscriber Base Hits 183m, Creates 350,000 Jobs In Nigeria by lumeneng22: 3:52pm On Oct 31, 2012
Story story! Just try and improve ur network or service fluctuations and not the lottery.
Re: MTN Subscriber Base Hits 183m, Creates 350,000 Jobs In Nigeria by persistenc(m): 4:10pm On Oct 31, 2012
EmptyNetwork what's d essence of the growing number of subscribers on a backbone of poor services and false promos angry Rubbish
Re: MTN Subscriber Base Hits 183m, Creates 350,000 Jobs In Nigeria by ocelot2006(m): 5:30pm On Oct 31, 2012
LeoMax: MTN has 2263 direct employees in Nigeria but claims to generate 350,000 people directly or indirectly. It there fore means that they employ 2263 Nigerians and the 347,737 are hired by who ? The lousy dealers ?. That number is very very overbloated as MTN's greedy ego. No Nigerian is supposed to use MTN, fvcking greedy network.

Oh my...dude, I'm pretty sure she wasn't refering to company staff members, but rather the SMBs created as a result of their various services, and those employed by these businesses. You may also include those employed as the coy rolls out more services across the country.
Re: MTN Subscriber Base Hits 183m, Creates 350,000 Jobs In Nigeria by AjanleKoko: 5:55pm On Oct 31, 2012
Alore:

Instead of posting above lousy comments, why don't you think a little deeper and look around to see the ripple effect of such company on Nigerian economy:
- Huawei, Ericsson, ZTE, CNSSL, etc are big companies that maintain various network infrastructures for MTN, who do you think indirectly gives employment to the staff of these companies?
- With over 9,000 base stations, who pays some of your cronies, relatives and uncles who supply diesel to fuel these generators and do maintenance on the ACs, masts, generators, etc
- Do you know how many mouths that walk-in centres, connect stores, recharge cards sales outlets, feed daily because they do business directly with MTN?
- What of security guards in all the base stations and offices, drivers, cleaners, facility maintenance guys, the IT companies that maintain systems and network stuff for the company added staff because a company like MTN demand their services.
- need I tell you about MTN Foundation that are staffed by ordinary Nigerians like you and me, but are solely involved in providing Corporate Social Responsibilities to support government efforts in health-care, education, entertainment, social rehabilitation.
Guys, let's appreciate good things. MTN has done far far good things for this nation than even many of our government parastatals have done for their constituencies. If MTN disappears from naija today. Omo, na chaos be that oh. Pls appreciate what is good.

Well said.
In furtherance, I think most Nigerians need to disappear back to their ancestral farms or wherever their forefathers came from. Let them go back to farming and hunting or whatever trade they were doing in the pre-slavery era.
At least then they would have no mobile phone service to complain about angry
Re: MTN Subscriber Base Hits 183m, Creates 350,000 Jobs In Nigeria by ceejayluv(m): 6:51pm On Oct 31, 2012
Alore:

- The

Instead of posting above lousy comments, why don't you think a little deeper and look around to see the ripple effect of such company on Nigerian economy:
- Huawei, Ericsson, ZTE, CNSSL, etc are big companies that maintain various network infrastructures for MTN, who do you think indirectly gives employment to the staff of these companies?
- With over 9,000 base stations, who pays some of your cronies, relatives and uncles who supply diesel to fuel these generators and do maintenance on the ACs, masts, generators, etc
- Do you know how many mouths that walk-in centres, connect stores, recharge cards sales outlets, feed daily because they do business directly with MTN?
- What of security guards in all the base stations and offices, drivers, cleaners, facility maintenance guys, the IT companies that maintain systems and network stuff for the company added staff because a company like MTN demand their services.
- need I tell you about MTN Foundation that are staffed by ordinary Nigerians like you and me, but are solely involved in providing Corporate Social Responsibilities to support government efforts in health-care, education, entertainment, social rehabilitation.
Guys, let's appreciate good things. MTN has done far far good things for this nation than even many of our government parastatals have done for their constituencies. If MTN disappears from naija today. Omo, na chaos be that oh. Pls appreciate what is good.

Abeg lecture dem mugus....
Re: MTN Subscriber Base Hits 183m, Creates 350,000 Jobs In Nigeria by ceejayluv(m): 7:01pm On Oct 31, 2012
chegbe1104: Please can somebody remind me the population of this country??Abi they mean all over Africa?

Please read the post
Read the article, for Bleep's sake.....
Re: MTN Subscriber Base Hits 183m, Creates 350,000 Jobs In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 31, 2012
Clemzy16: I dumped my MTN sim months back for poor network and hidden charges. Now reppin airtel.
Oluwa is involved..
same here, dnt evn knw whr my sim card is lol. D network is so messed up.
Re: MTN Subscriber Base Hits 183m, Creates 350,000 Jobs In Nigeria by daylae(m): 7:28pm On Oct 31, 2012
Just got to see a good amount of ma kredit vanish overnight this morning. . . .are they just piss of me,or this is some kind of general MTN snafu again?!?
Re: MTN Subscriber Base Hits 183m, Creates 350,000 Jobs In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 31, 2012
ceejayluv:

Abeg lecture dem mugus....
hmmmm i doubt there will b chaos. Etisalat is coming up strong
Re: MTN Subscriber Base Hits 183m, Creates 350,000 Jobs In Nigeria by landinfo: 8:01pm On Oct 31, 2012
Theres an emptihen ad currently runnin on radio beggin pple 2 put dier SIM CARD & receive Bonus airtym.
i tink dey are realisin pple no longa USE d network again jus lyk DUMPIN dem
Re: MTN Subscriber Base Hits 183m, Creates 350,000 Jobs In Nigeria by pvee(m): 8:38pm On Oct 31, 2012
Excellent
Re: MTN Subscriber Base Hits 183m, Creates 350,000 Jobs In Nigeria by francis247(m): 9:59pm On Oct 31, 2012
And they don't even have up to 1million staff. no wonder one would call CC from midnight to daybreak without response. SMH!
Re: MTN Subscriber Base Hits 183m, Creates 350,000 Jobs In Nigeria by guddy4real: 10:47pm On Oct 31, 2012
Alore:

For ur mind do u knw hw mch so call Mtn make in diz country since they came compare to whateva
Re: MTN Subscriber Base Hits 183m, Creates 350,000 Jobs In Nigeria by elbulk(m): 6:29am On Nov 01, 2012
naijathings: [size=16pt]Jobs created for who and who? shey phone call business na im dem dey call job?
and to think that this report is coming at a time when we are having highest amount of dropped/failed calls.
who are they trying to impress?
[/size]

Do u know hw many staff they have nation wide and yea if u add phone/recharge card biz its a lot more...ppl like u think u must wear a tie and go to a big office b4 its a job,there r people who hav become millionaires from recharge card business which they started small...wake up
Re: MTN Subscriber Base Hits 183m, Creates 350,000 Jobs In Nigeria by eikeem(m): 11:22am On Nov 01, 2012
puffpuff:
Yet MTN could collaborate with its partner,CNSSL to render over 1700 people jobless at jos call centre by closing it down.
The story and analysis would have been better if they had include this

Hmmmm....... Do you know the story behind the closure? Are you also aware that many of these call centre reps in Jos are being absorbed in other MTN locations?
Seriously, Alore has said it all.
Re: MTN Subscriber Base Hits 183m, Creates 350,000 Jobs In Nigeria by bidex(m): 2:19pm On Nov 01, 2012
Alore:

- The

Chief, giving out contracts to other companies does not mean they created the JOB. letting those companies maintain their infrastructures does not mean they are giving them employment, they are simply transacting bussiness. what is the staffing strength of those companies you mentioned? are they the only one these companies serve? dont misplace contract to employment please
Re: MTN Subscriber Base Hits 183m, Creates 350,000 Jobs In Nigeria by ezzye: 2:37pm On Nov 01, 2012
puffpuff:
Yet MTN could collaborate with its partner,CNSSL to render over 1700 people jobless at jos call centre by closing it down.
The story and analysis would have been better if they had include this

why them never give me work....
Re: MTN Subscriber Base Hits 183m, Creates 350,000 Jobs In Nigeria by AjanleKoko: 2:38pm On Nov 01, 2012
bidex:

Chief, giving out contracts to other companies does not mean they created the JOB. letting those companies maintain their infrastructures does not mean they are giving them employment, they are simply transacting bussiness. what is the staffing strength of those companies you mentioned? are they the only one these companies serve? dont misplace contract to employment please

To be honest, you are one of the people who should relocate to their ancestral farms undecided

If MTN did not bring their billions of dollars into Nigeria, will all those companies have anything to do here? Ericsson had already packed up in Nigeria, but were re-energized when GSM started. Same for the likes of Siemens and ABB. Stop talking and reasoning like a villager jare.
Re: MTN Subscriber Base Hits 183m, Creates 350,000 Jobs In Nigeria by luluosas(m): 3:20pm On Nov 01, 2012
350,000 kini? They are mad! Their services keep deteriorating and yet, they keep posting huge gains.
Re: MTN Subscriber Base Hits 183m, Creates 350,000 Jobs In Nigeria by FREDDIM1: 12:23am On Nov 28, 2013
ehie: a job is a job,better rechrge card sellers than no work at all,what do you expect MTN to do ?they came here to provide a service which they have done and not to please you,NIGERIANS CAN NEVER BE PLEASED.what have u created yourselves or u are just complaining for complaint sake,if their network is bad presently,its because BOKO haram has cuts its fiber networks and its BTS towers in the North,please layabout get a life or create a job and see the kind of headaches it causes....Complainer in Chief

...rubbish. Im dumpin dx network soon.. I used 2 love MTN until dey kept steallin my money for no reason..so im done

(1) (2) (Reply)

God Bless Airtel, Low Internet Tariff And Low Call Rate 12 Per Minute. / HELP: Problem With My Whatsapp On My Nokia Asha 201 / YouTube Speak On Its ‘Video Recommendation Algorithms’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.