Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,296 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? (5313 Views)

See What Most Nigeria Do On Saturday Night Before Going To Church On Sunday / Happy Sunday: Is Having Sex As Couple Before Going To Church Godly Or Ungodly? / Where Are You Going To Praise God Tonight? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 31, 2012
If I were in Nigeria, I wouldnt take halloween seriously. However, I would watch the horror movie marathons on some DSTV channels.

Now, many Nigerians are very religious and are scared of halloween (even though orthodox churches celebrate it as All Saints day). So even if they are living in the West, they would not participate or even let their children enjoy trick or treating. This is what I call religious ignorance.

I personally, am going to enjoy today. I might go to some pub with friends to look for some "jezebels" or Hot "witches" to erm....to erm.....ehem.....have ehem.....friendly relations with. I am not going to wear any costumes or do anything silly but I will go and look at people's costumes and enjoy myself.

The over-religious can remian in their house praying and casting demons while normal people have fum.

[size=18pt]What are you going to do?[/size]

Re: Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? by CrazyMan(m): 12:14pm On Oct 31, 2012
Logicboy03:
The over-religious can remian in their house praying and casting demons while normal people have fun.

What are you going to do?
You read my mind...so many demons in this Nation needs to be casted out...and I believe that this is a great opportunity to do it. grin

happy Halloween to you also. smiley
Re: Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 31, 2012
CrazyMan:
You read my mind...so many demons in this Nation needs to be casted out...and I believe that this is a great opportunity to do it. grin

happy Halloween to you also. smiley

Re: Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? by CrazyMan(m): 12:21pm On Oct 31, 2012
Re: Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 31, 2012
cheesy
Re: Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? by CrazyMan(m): 1:08pm On Oct 31, 2012
undecided
Re: Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 31, 2012
cyclone here... battery's almost out too... sad...
Re: Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? by dridowu: 2:11pm On Oct 31, 2012
Yes, am doing halloween in my dream. Na 9ja ur boi dy, so no ALOWIN
Re: Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? by BashMe1(m): 2:15pm On Oct 31, 2012
Halloween Ko, Alawin Nii...

1 Like

Re: Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? by stacomaster(m): 2:15pm On Oct 31, 2012
What Is Halloween? angry

1 Like

Re: Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? by ssainty(m): 2:17pm On Oct 31, 2012
i will go and watch hw d halloween match btw united and chelstink will inflict more hrt ache to d already injured. T.B Jshua just watch d match anyway.And confirmed d home side LOST 3nil.
Re: Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? by BashMe1(m): 2:17pm On Oct 31, 2012
ssainty: i will go and watch hw d halloween match btw united and chelstink will inflict more hrt ache to d already injured. T.B Jshua just watch d match anyway.And confirmed d home side LOST 3nil.

Insanity, hw u dey? smiley
Re: Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? by mallorca(m): 2:18pm On Oct 31, 2012
Bash Me: Halloween Ko, Alawin Nii...
lmao grin grin grin grin
Re: Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? by seedord247(m): 2:18pm On Oct 31, 2012
stacomaster: What Is Halloween? angry

A coconut tree in new york....

3 Likes

Re: Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? by ajanaku2(m): 2:20pm On Oct 31, 2012
Halloween l'Ogbomosho? Awon Aye a ba mi wi!

3 Likes

Re: Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? by Mobinga: 2:22pm On Oct 31, 2012
The best response to this idiotic thread is this:

8 Likes

Re: Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 31, 2012
Logicboy03:

I personally, am going to enjoy today. I might go to some pub with friends to look for some "jezebels" or Hot "witches" to erm....to erm.....ehem.....have ehem.....friendly relations with. I am not going to wear any costumes or do anything silly but I will go and look at people's costumes and enjoy myself.

Lol. Better don't fall for a trick. cheesy

I'm already swamped with work, sadly. sad But Happy Halloween to everyone, regardless of how you choose to spend it.

#Oh and Yeah, I'm not missing that Chelsea vs Man. United match for anything. tongue
Re: Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 31, 2012
Yes, I'm gonna dress as a student; jeans and hoodie.

1 Like

Re: Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? by CrazyMan(m): 2:24pm On Oct 31, 2012
What an ugly dog

3 Likes

Re: Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? by stacomaster(m): 2:25pm On Oct 31, 2012
grin
seedord247:

A coconut tree in new york....
ah knw say na u Go Halloween Me
Re: Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? by freshboy007: 2:25pm On Oct 31, 2012
Haloween wats d meaning I never hear am b4 ooo,

al the same hapi holaween
Re: Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? by hardbody: 2:28pm On Oct 31, 2012
I can only assume that this thread is meant for 9ja peeps in diaspora and friends of 9ja. Really and trully, we do not have the Halloween stuff yet around us, but i am certain that in another coupla years, it will catch on, just the same way Valentine caught on and today we are doing beyond what the western world is doing. In the meantime, i can assure you that there will be a few Halloween parties scattered in clubs mostly around Lagos, nothing much will happen. As for me, i am yet to get the hang of it yet, perhaps when i do, i will determine whether it is worth my time at all.
Re: Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? by chucky234(m): 2:30pm On Oct 31, 2012
See people dey practice modernized witchcraft come dey call halloween
Halloween ko halloween ni.

1 Like

Re: Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? by CuntDestroyer: 2:30pm On Oct 31, 2012

Re: Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:32pm On Oct 31, 2012
chucky234: See people dey practice modernized witchcraft come dey call halloween
Halloween ko halloween ni.

The Craft is a very responsible endeavor.. Christians practice it but claim it is Faith -Healing or Faith-that. it is still Witch-Craft grin
Re: Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? by CuntDestroyer: 2:36pm On Oct 31, 2012

1 Like

Re: Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? by Anayordike(m): 2:38pm On Oct 31, 2012
1 Fools say to themselves,
“There is no God!”
They are all corrupt,
and they have done terrible things;
there is no one who does what is right.
2 The LORD looks down from heaven at us humans
to see if there are any who are wise,
any who worship him.
3 But they have all gone wrong;
they are all equally bad.
Not one of them does what is right,
not a single one.
4 “Don't they know?” asks the LORD.
“Are all these evildoers ignorant?
They live by robbing my people,
and they never pray to me.”
5 But then they will be terrified,
for God is with those who obey him.
6 Evildoers frustrate the plans of the humble,
but the LORD is their protection.

"Halloween is the night of 31st October and is traditionally said to be the time when GHOSTS and WITCHES can be seen. On Halloween, Children often dress up as GHOSTS and WITCHES"

How many of us will be so stupid to allow our children to dress up like GHOSTS and WITCHES in the name of observing one useless superstitution called Halloween? Halloween ko hallogen ni SHAME!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? by CuntDestroyer: 2:40pm On Oct 31, 2012

Re: Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? by LIncomers: 2:42pm On Oct 31, 2012
Logicboy03: If I were in Nigeria, I wouldnt take halloween seriously. However, I would watch the horror movie marathons on some DSTV channels.]

That's if Nigerians can afford †ђξ package that shows horror movies
Re: Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? by CuntDestroyer: 2:42pm On Oct 31, 2012

Re: Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 31, 2012
@dike:
when you dress ur kids up on sunday to church to worship a fable, isnt dt wrong?
Re: Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? by Akposkool(m): 3:06pm On Oct 31, 2012
Ya am definitely celebrating it.na lagbaja style o.bt heat inside me go fit roast corn sha!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? / The End Is Near. / Amazing! Hebrew Scholars Discover Hidden Message From God In The Bible.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.