Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,626 members, 7,809,337 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Where Is The Dead? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is The Dead? (830 Views)

Doctor Prays Over Dead Patient, Raises Him From The Dead / Pictures & Characteristics Of The Dead Sea / Video: T.B Joshua Raises A Man From The Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is The Dead? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 31, 2012
I don't know about you,but i believe this is a very important topic of discussion among true Christians,perhaps even Muslims. My confusion over the abode of dead people is due to what i have read and made to believe.According to Rev.20:13-'Then the sea gave up its dead.Death and the world of the dead gave up the dead they held.And all were judged according to what they had done'. From my understanding of this passage,when people die,they don't go to Heaven or Hell straight.Evryone will be judged on the Judgement Day,which is yet to come,afta which u are sent to either Heaven or Hell. Now,i have heard and read numerous stories of Christians that were shown the reality of Hell & Heaven via visions/trance.You can read some @ www.spiritlessons.com.These ones claim to see people suffering in Hell and likewise the good ones enjoying Heaven. So,who are these dead ones? Do we disbelieve these true life confessions? Is there a different meaning to what the Bible said in Rev.20:13?...Where is the Dead? WARNING: The Wrath Of God Will Fall on Any Atheist Who Dares Comment on This Thread.
Re: Where Is The Dead? by benodic: 9:32am On Nov 01, 2012
The dead are in the same place that you visit everyday when you are sleeping. Sleep is a temporary death and death is a permanent sleep
Re: Where Is The Dead? by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 01, 2012
benodic:
The dead are in the same place that you visit everyday when you are sleeping. Sleep is a temporary death and death is a permanent sleep
Please elucidate more.Do you mean to say they are unconscious in spirit,soul and body?
Re: Where Is The Dead? by ghazzal: 1:08pm On Nov 01, 2012
The dead are in the Grave. The Grave is not what we see physically if we consider the islamic belief of what the grave looks like.

According to islamic belief, the man that will spend lest number of years in the grave will spend 1000 years therein.

LIFE IN THE GRAVE is a different thing entirelly, it has its own punishment and enjoyment. It is a solitary place where there is no companion: 1 man, 1 grave.

everyone dead will be in the grave until the DAY OF RESURRECTION(general assembly) where every man will account for his deeds.
Re: Where Is The Dead? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 01, 2012
ghazzal: The dead are in the Grave. The Grave is not what we see physically if we consider the islamic belief of what the grave looks like.

According to islamic belief, the man that will spend lest number of years in the grave will spend 1000 years therein.

LIFE IN THE GRAVE is a different thing entirelly, it has its own punishment and enjoyment. It is a solitary place where there is no companion: 1 man, 1 grave.

everyone dead will be in the grave until the DAY OF RESURRECTION(general assembly) where every man will account for his deeds.
Hmmm...logical opinion,but what do you mean by "the man that will spend lest number of years in the grave will spend 1000 years therein"?
Re: Where Is The Dead? by pastormustwacc: 1:25pm On Nov 01, 2012
This is a mystery to me too. But until i take a stroll to heaven and back, i cannot collaborate the stories. I remember making a thread that proves that Jesus did not go to heaven on friday, he left for heaven on sunday. Which in a way implies that he was "asleep" in the grave until God resurrected him on sunday.

On Sunday morning he said to Mary, "Touch me not, for I am not yet ascended to my Father" John 20:17.
Re: Where Is The Dead? by ghazzal: 1:27pm On Nov 01, 2012
binger: Hmmm...logical opinion,but what do you mean by "the man that will spend lest number of years in the grave will spend 1000 years therein"?
sorry, i mean "least" not "lest"

if you believe in the Day of Judgement, and that at a time in this present life, the Trumpet will be blown then all that are living will die. my "understanding" is after the last Man dies, there will be 1000 years interval before the D-Day. this means every man will taste life in the grave
Re: Where Is The Dead? by ghazzal: 1:34pm On Nov 01, 2012
pastormustwacc: This is a mystery to me too. But until i take a stroll to heaven and back, i cannot collaborate the stories. I remember making a thread that proves that Jesus did not go to heaven on friday, he left for heaven on sunday. Which in a way implies that he was "asleep" in the grave until God resurrected him on sunday.

On Sunday morning he said to Mary, "Touch me not, for I am not yet ascended to my Father" John 20:17.

i agree with you that it is a mystery. but may i ask you what belief/faith is? If Jesus is the only one reported to be coming back, then one will ask if there is anything like "going to heaven and coming back"...... after the D-Day, we will by Gods grace be in Heaven for eternity while some will be at the other side. That is my belief. May God make easy for us all that will make us successful in the life-to come)
Re: Where Is The Dead? by pastormustwacc: 1:41pm On Nov 01, 2012
^^^My faith is similar to yours in many ways, albeit some minor differences. But dont worry about that.
Re: Where Is The Dead? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 01, 2012
pastormustwacc: This is a mystery to me too. But until i take a stroll to heaven and back, i cannot collaborate the stories. I remember making a thread that proves that Jesus did not go to heaven on friday, he left for heaven on sunday. Which in a way implies that he was "asleep" in the grave until God resurrected him on sunday.

so u believe that every1 dead is nowhere else but in the grave??
Re: Where Is The Dead? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 01, 2012
ghazzal:

if you believe in the Day of Judgement, and that at a time in this present life, the Trumpet will be blown then all that are living will die. my "understanding" is after the last Man dies, there will be 1000 years interval before the D-Day. this means every man will taste life in the grave
Re: Where Is The Dead? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 01, 2012
ghazzal:

Wow! I have never heard this one b4.pls which religion teaches that?? #justcurious
Re: Where Is The Dead? by pastormustwac: 4:10pm On Nov 01, 2012
binger: so u believe that every1 dead is nowhere else but in the grave??
Now, where did i say every1? Even moses body was taken by arcangel michael. The body of Jesus was never found. Enoch nko? Elijah?
Re: Where Is The Dead? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 01, 2012
pastormustwac:
Now, where did i say every1? Even moses body was taken by arcangel michael. The body of Jesus was never found. Enoch nko? Elijah?
i knw.i got ur point.buh am asking if those that are dead and were buried remain in the grave with their spirit,soul and body asleep??
Re: Where Is The Dead? by benodic: 7:03pm On Nov 01, 2012
@ binger

benodic:

Please elucidate more.Do you mean to say they are unconscious in spirit,soul and body?

the mystery of death is actually unravelled by sleep. when the physical body is asleep, soul leaves and journeys into the inner worlds for a temporal visit. the memory of such journeys is what is called dreams. at the death of the physical body soul enters the inner worlds permanently.
Re: Where Is The Dead? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 01, 2012
benodic:
@ binger

the mystery of death is actually unravelled by sleep. when the physical body is asleep, soul leaves and journeys into the inner worlds for a temporal visit. the memory of such journeys is what is called dreams. at the death of the physical body soul enters the inner worlds permanently.
Hmmm...this is really interesting.buh u av nt answered my question completely...this permanent journey to the inner world,is it to Heaven or Hell or World of the Dead??
Re: Where Is The Dead? by benodic: 4:21pm On Nov 02, 2012
@ binger

Hmmm...this is really interesting.buh u av nt answered my question completely...this permanent journey to the inner world,is it to Heaven or Hell or World of the Dead??

the inner worlds comprises of many levels of heavens. Paul in the christian bible mentioned the 3rd heaven. there are more of course. the level of heaven you will gravitate to when you die is determined by your level of spiritual growth or level of consciousness at the time of death.
Re: Where Is The Dead? by chrisj2000(m): 6:04pm On Nov 02, 2012
the dead goes to their respective graves. shortly after interment, worms feast on the flesh leaving the skeleton. over a long period, the skeleton fossilize. thats it, everything is recycled.
i hope you are not afraid of death grin grin grin
Re: Where Is The Dead? by pastormustwac: 6:12pm On Nov 02, 2012
binger: i knw.i got ur point.buh am asking if those that are dead and were buried remain in the grave with their spirit,soul and body asleep??
What if someone died in space on a moon-exploration? Or was blown to atoms? Or was melted into nothingness? or was killed and eaten? Or was burned to ashes?

So, that your concept of grave cannot really work. Because there are so many ways to die - and not everyone have the luxury of being buried in graves.

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Dead? by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 03, 2012
pastormustwac:
What if someone died in space on a moon-exploration? Or was blown to atoms? Or was melted into nothingness? or was killed and eaten? Or was burned to ashes?

So, that your concept of grave cannot really work. Because there are so many ways to die - and not everyone have the luxury of being buried in graves.
good point...pls hit the nail on the head as u answer this-Whichever way someone dies,is he permanently asleep in spirit,soul and body?
Re: Where Is The Dead? by pastormustwacc: 8:18am On Nov 03, 2012
binger: good point...pls hit the nail on the head as u answer this-Whichever way someone dies,is he permanently asleep in spirit,soul and body?
The body is destroyed or preserved by embalming - returned to dust or whatever.

What happens to the spirit/soul is debateable, but i think i will rather go with benodic on that. Our beliefs are similar in many ways (for strange reasons), maybe it is because we are both active soul-travellers.
But benodic likes to share those facts consistently (irrespective of what people think), but i think majority of people are not ready for these facts - so i shut the f**k up, and feign ignorance (i am already causing enough controversies on the board - with people querying if i am a christian or pagan).
Re: Where Is The Dead? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 04, 2012
pastormustwacc:
The body is destroyed or preserved by embalming - returned to dust or whatever.

What happens to the spirit/soul is debateable, but i think i will rather go with benodic on that. Our beliefs are similar in many ways (for strange reasons), maybe it is because we are both active soul-travellers.
But benodic likes to share those facts consistently (irrespective of what people think), but i think majority of people are not ready for these facts - so i shut the f**k up, and feign ignorance (i am already causing enough controversies on the board - with people querying if i am a christian or pagan).
okay...we are getting there.pls what did benodic say abt the spirit that u agree on? Cos i don't really understand his point abt it??

(1) (Reply)

The Blessing Of ASKING QUESTIONS! / 2013: The Year Of True Worship / If U Are Observant.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.