Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert (9298 Views)

Men - My Childhood; My Manhood; My Prostate.. A Must Read!! / An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals / Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert by obicentlis: 12:31pm On Nov 01, 2012
maclatunji:

OK O. But you know that over 90% of these so-called alternative remedies amongst Nigerians don't work. Eating Pawpaw to "cure" cancer is ridiculous irregardless of your good intentions.
Research on the major nutritional component of Pawpaw, tHen try and know if its anticancer or not. Its natural. Dietary pattern is a major concern for cancerous cell growth. What of those diets like fruit that attack the growth of thoser cells? Africans should go back to their raw natural food(fruit), Gods. Given to balance and control the growth of cells.
Re: Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert by lacasa: 12:33pm On Nov 01, 2012
Nigeria never get standard clinic naa Cancer centre e go get undecided
Re: Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert by bestower: 12:42pm On Nov 01, 2012
This is true figures even if not above it prostate cancer is a very deadly disease it kills softly u need to visit a hospital for u to be diagnosed to be free from d ailment,few nigerians re doubting thomas until it hit them seriously....pls go for medical check up regularly to no ur status.
Re: Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert by maclatunji: 12:43pm On Nov 01, 2012
obicentlis:
Research on the major nutritional component of Pawpaw, tHen try and know if its anticancer or not. Its natural. Dietary pattern is a major concern for cancerous cell growth. What of those diets like fruit that attack the growth of thoser cells? Africans should go back to their raw natural food(fruit), Gods. Given to balance and control the growth of cells.

Even the word "anticancer" you're using says a lot about you. We're not talking of prevention with your relative here. He's already diagnosed with the condition. What is the Pawpaw supposed to do in "fighting" his cancer?

In a country with massive ignorance about Cancer and other diseases prevailing, we don't need to rely on speculations when we have concrete research and knowledge about what is to be done.
Re: Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert by obi123: 12:46pm On Nov 01, 2012
it really doesn't matter whether the stats are correct or not at least one or 2 people have learnt something from this thread today , guys examine your prostate ASAP simple
Re: Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert by MacLovington(m): 12:57pm On Nov 01, 2012
honeric01: Re: Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert by miteolu(m): 11:29am
14men/day?

14*30 = 420/month, 5040/year, 50400 in 10 years . Na lie

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

I think the figure should be more than that. Quite a lot of Naija people have it here in the West. Even a friend in his early 40s died of it. It usually affect over 50s. We know this here for certain because there is adequate care and documentation.
Some years ago (2008) it killed over 28,000 men in the US in that year alone. That's even a country with a good screening (PSA) program. I don't know of such routine screening program in Naija (correct me if I am wrong).

What you see in post-mortem is that virtually every male over 80 has some cancerous changes in the prostate but remain in-situ (dosn't spread) and the person dies of something else. Quite amazing.

Because prostate cancer mostly spread to bones/spine/pelvis, lungs and liver, people may be battling symptoms in those secondary sites in Naija never realising that it's from the prostate if they cannot afford proper diagnosis/scans etc. Since health care is not free.
Also post-mortem is not routinely done in Naija even in sudden death cases where it should be compulsory. We're missing lots of death causes for that reason.

It is not uncommon for people to have sudden breathing problems due to pleural effusion DUE to spread of ovarian or prostate cancer to the lungs.
Re: Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert by MrsChima(f): 2:52pm On Nov 01, 2012
14 men in Nigeria dying with Prostate cancer is fairly low consider Nigeria being the populous country. We have to understand stats are recorded base on documentation, report, and personal stories. I am positive the number is higher than 14 in Nigeria.

According to Center of Disease Control (CDC), the latest report was made in 2008 that approximately 214, 633 men were diagnosed with Prostate cancer and 28,471 men died from Prostate cancer in America.

Highest to Lowest:

-Black men
-White men
-Hispanic men
-Asian men

This is the website where OP got his/her information from: http://www.osundefender.org/?p=53644
Re: Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert by MrsChima(f): 2:55pm On Nov 01, 2012
agoha_vivi: Is it possible for a man to still have a normal life(sexually) after undergoing a surgery to correct this condition?

Yes...it is possible for a man to have sex after surgery however it is impossible for a man to have pleasurable sex with prostate cancer.
Re: Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert by maclatunji: 3:40pm On Nov 01, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Yes...it is possible for a man to have sex after surgery however it is impossible for a man to have pleasurable sex with prostate cancer.

Can you expatiate? My research indicates that errrr... surgery is quite detrimental if not fatal to a man's "conjugal proficiency" . I am trying not to be alarmist here.
Re: Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert by MrsChima(f): 4:11pm On Nov 01, 2012
maclatunji:

Can you expatiate? My research indicates that errrr... surgery is quite detrimental if not fatal to a man's "conjugal proficiency" . I am trying not to be alarmist here.

Then stick to your research if that what you choose....there are side effects of ANY TYPE OF SURGERIES however no one have the exact same experience. Yes, it is possible to have sex after surgery.

If a man wait until he is 80 years old to remove his prostate due to cancer....he has three strikes anyways...he is OLD, sex drive diminished, and his prostate cancer have affected other things in his body. The longer a man wait until he check his prostate...the severity is higher.

If a man has to remove his prostate gland...it is obvious the cancer "ate" it up so therefore it is not safe to leave it in the body before it spread to other parts of the body. That is why prostate exam is imperative and the earlier you catch it...the better the treatment.
Re: Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert by maclatunji: 4:15pm On Nov 01, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Then stick to your research. Whatever I say won't change what you will believe.

This is the least kind of response I expected for my question. Let's do it this way: You answer the question and leave what I think about it to me.

It's about sharing information nothing else. It is quite possible you know better, that's why I asked.
Re: Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert by tonym1(m): 4:41pm On Nov 01, 2012
THERE IS NOT ENOUGH EDUCATION ON THIS ISSUE AND NOT EASILY DETECTED cheesy
Re: Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert by tayoccu(m): 5:16pm On Nov 01, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

If a man has to remove his prostate gland...it is obvious the cancer "ate" it up so therefore it is not safe to leave it in the body before it spread to other parts of the body. That is why prostate exam is imperative and the earlier you catch it...the better the treatment.

My Old man had to remove it @ 82, but after running tests, the Urologists discovered it wasn't cancerous.
So having to remove it, or having issues with the prostrate gland doesn't necessarily have to be cancer.
Re: Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert by MrsChima(f): 5:43pm On Nov 01, 2012
tayoccu:

My Old man had to remove it @ 82, but after running tests, the Urologists discovered it wasn't cancerous.
So having to remove it, or having issues with the prostrate gland doesn't necessarily have to be cancer.

A well-knowledge doctor will not remove a prostate gland if it isn't necessary. If the prostate gland is removed...it is a good reason for it...TRUST ME.

The most common reason for removing prostate gland is because of cancer or threat of cancer.
Re: Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert by maclatunji: 6:15pm On Nov 01, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

A well-knowledge doctor will not remove a prostate gland if it isn't necessary. If the prostate gland is removed...it is a good reason for it...TRUST ME.

The most common reason for removing prostate gland is because of cancer or threat of cancer.

You modified your post (not this one). Thank you for making the effort to answer my question, I understand you better now.
Re: Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert by ACM10: 6:17pm On Nov 01, 2012
afam4eva: How did they come to this conclusion. I'm not saying it doesn't kill that much men or even more but they should quit throwing stats around.
They got their statistics from the hospital records in Nigeria. Tertiary health centre are doing a great job in keeping those records.
Re: Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert by ACM10: 6:21pm On Nov 01, 2012
ochallo: all you need to do is multiply 14 by 365 to know that the stats are erroneous.
That's 5110!

For me, it's a gross underestimation.

You guys needs to visit hospital wards to see for yourself.
Re: Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert by ACM10: 6:30pm On Nov 01, 2012
agoha_vivi: Is it possible for a man to still have a normal life(sexually) after undergoing a surgery to correct this condition?
Prostate cancer is a disease of the elderly. I don't know what an elderly man will do with his sex life at 80. Anyway, urologists will proffer a better advice. But I don't think so. Depending on the stage of the cancer, either parts of the prostate or tes.tis is removed. Or drugs which blocks the male sex hormones are used. Sex life will be affected. But I don't know why a great grandpa will chose sex over life.
Re: Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert by Mariojane(f): 6:37pm On Nov 01, 2012
Abeg let us hear word.if 14men died daily then b4 d end of d year we re not suppose to have any man in Nigeria again.do more research pls not just any research but sensible ones
Re: Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert by choncholot: 6:38pm On Nov 01, 2012
Ilost my dad in may to postrate cancer.from diagnosis to death was less than a year.he lost all bodily functions before he died,could not do anything unaided,we watched him poo on himself,bedsores allover his back,sunken look,loss of blood etc something you will never wish a loved one.and the pain,it can only be imagined from the look of his face when he writhes in pain from a simple touch.guys go check yourself,more than 14 people die everyday from the disease.
Re: Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert by stablevision(m): 6:53pm On Nov 01, 2012
HELLO ALL, HAVE TAKEN TIME TO DIGEST ALL THE COMMENT POSTED.
BUT FRANKLY THERE IS A CURE TO THIS DEADLY DISEASE, INFACT THE TREATMENT DOES NOT REQUIRE SURGERY, THERE ARE TENDENCIES THAT THOSE WHO ARE OPERATED ON ARE LIKELY TO STILL HAVE IT.
THIS PRODUCT IS A MUST TO ALL MEN FROM AGE 40 AND ABOVE, EVEN IF ITS FULLY MATURE THERE IS HOPE.
THE PRODUCT IS AVAILABLE IN NIGERIA, I TELL YOU, YOU START GETTING PRONOuCE RESULT THE 2ND WEEK OF THE PRODUCTS USAGE. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED THEN LETS TALK.
ITS VERY AFFORDABLE BEYOND YOUR IMAGINATION BUT THE RESULT AE WONDERFUL.
DONT UNDERSCORE MY CONTRIBUTION IT WOULD SAVE LIVES.

DO A LITTLE RESAECH INTO THE PRODUCT;
PUMPKIN SEED SOFTGEL, AFTERWARD CALL 08064303063.
DISTRIBUTORS ALSO WANTED.
Re: Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert by maclatunji: 6:58pm On Nov 01, 2012
^ My brother what do NAFDAC and the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria (PSN) have to say about this your wonder drug?
Re: Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert by specco(m): 7:37pm On Nov 01, 2012
ochallo: all you need to do is multiply 14 by 365 to know that the stats are erroneous.
The stat is not erroneous as u sugested. What d Op meant is that on d average, 14 Nigerian men die daily from p.cancer. So if in a year 5,124 men die from p.cancer, that gives u 14per day on d average. It is possible b/c in 24months I have attended 4 different burials of folks who died from this ailment. It is unfortunate that there is not enough awareness on this deadly disease. God help us.
Re: Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 01, 2012
o boy how do you want me to be awake and see someone tearing my chairman and looking for walnut.i know its for men good but dat sounds scary o.(thr tearing part)
Re: Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert by MrsChima(f): 2:13am On Nov 02, 2012
uihebom: o boy how do you want me to be awake and see someone tearing my chairman and looking for walnut.i know its for men good but dat sounds scary o.(thr tearing part)

It is better to be torn up than dead. wink
Re: Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert by MrsChima(f): 2:14am On Nov 02, 2012
ACM10:
Prostate cancer is a disease of the elderly. I don't know what an elderly man will do with his sex life at 80. Anyway, urologists will proffer a better advice. But I don't think so. Depending on the stage of the cancer, either parts of the prostate or tes.tis is removed. Or drugs which blocks the male sex hormones are used. Sex life will be affected. But I don't know why a great grandpa will chose sex over life.

Prostate cancer isn't a disease of the elderly however the risk for elderly men are higher. There have been some cases where young men have been diagnosed with prostate cancer however the rate is higher for men over the age of 40 and that is not elderly.

Even if the man is 80...if he want to get laid...he can as long as he can get it up. grin
Re: Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert by itsabdul(m): 1:45pm On Nov 18, 2013
The best way to stay away from cancer is by taking steps in preventing it. Check http://foodsanddiseases.com/cancer to see foods that cause and prevent any type of cancer
Re: Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert by Agents: 6:19pm On Nov 21, 2013
Re: Prostate Cancer Kills 14
Nigerian Men Everyday According
To Expert :
Yes! but it has cure which i can give for just three days and it will permently cured and never return you can contact us via Email-vasioninc@yahoo.com or call/Whatzap.. 2347068600523
Re: Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 19, 2015
MrsChima:
That's not surprising because Black men in America do not get their prostate exam until it is too late. The organization I am involved with are creating several awareness fairs to encourage black men over the age of 40 to get their prostate examined. We have decided to allow men as early as 35 years old to participate because we believe early detection is the cure to prostate cancer.

The issues with Black men regarding prostate exams is miseducation and ignorance. Many of them do not have the accurate facts about prostate exams and listening to peope who have absolutely no idea what prostate is.

I would tell my clients to thin of prostate gland like a walnut or hazelnut. It is usually located by the bladder and if you were to rub your finger on the perineum...you may be able to feel the "walnut" depending on some patients. Prostate gland is a reproductive gland for men and it aid the development of seminal fluid by providing "transportation" for the sperm. Some doctors have argued that the prostate gland is responsible for the color of the sperm and it creamy appearance. However without prostate glands....it is impossible for sperm to travel to their destination.

It is very important for men to understand their body and I encourage men to study basic antomy because knowledge is power. Anatomy isn't just for nurses and doctors but it is for humans to understand their body and how it works. I believe when people understand their bodies...they will treat it better and take concerns of the things that are harmful to the body. Unfortunately there isn't a cure for prostate cancer but early detection is the cure.

I encourage all wives and girlfriends to support their partners in getting prostate exams starting at 35 years old and you owe it to yourself to have your man with you until rocking chair age. Some symptoms that you can help your partner look for:

=swelling of the prostate gland
-frequent urination
-discoloration in the urine
-lower sex drive or change in sexual habits
-complaints of discomfort in perineum area
-pressure while urinating

Some of the male clients have complained about fear of someone putting their finger in their rectum but that is how doctors check thoroughly during prostate exam. Doctors can't just look at the scrotums and go hmmmm I think that cancer. They have to draw blood, collect urine specimen, and do some basic tests addition to manual exam that may be uncomfortable but it is a life saver.

Men...you owe it to your wives, girlfriends, and children to live a healthier life by getting your prostate check annually or bi-annually. Who is going to walk your daughter down the aisle and give her away? Take care of your prostate and your health.

Good luck. (sorry OP for the seminar lecture) grin grin

Re: Prostate Cancer Kills 14 Nigerian Men Everyday According To Expert by Horus(m): 10:54am On May 28, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALLlX9-UzHA

Group laments increase in rate of prostate cancer in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kayan Mata Natural Herbs / Lassa Fever: Rivers Declare ‘operation Kill All Rats’ / My Journey In Getting Fit And Losing Weight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.