Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,650 members, 7,816,665 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Iphone Or Android - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone Or Android (1327 Views)

Pls And Pls Never Compare Tecno Phones With Iphone Or Samsung / Iphone Or Android : Which One Is Better ? / Which Should I Go For; Blackberry, Iphone Or Android Device? Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone Or Android by P3trCruzZ(m): 8:51pm On Nov 01, 2012
Please,please,please pals,am really confused here,i dont know which 2 buy between iphone 4 nd lg optimus.I really need a lil help in making the choice.
Re: Iphone Or Android by venorite(m): 9:04pm On Nov 01, 2012
Depends on what you intending using the phone for....if you love freedom,android is the answer...but iphone will give u beta swag
Re: Iphone Or Android by P3trCruzZ(m): 9:09pm On Nov 01, 2012
i love apps and games,but it seems iphone lacks at that
Re: Iphone Or Android by venorite(m): 9:50pm On Nov 01, 2012
P3tr CruzZ: i love apps and games,but it seems iphone lacks at that
iphone has apps and games too but you cant compare and apple market to google play....
Re: Iphone Or Android by jedisco(m): 3:23am On Nov 02, 2012
iphone has apps and games too but you cant
compare and apple market to google play....

I don't get you two but iOS has more apps (both in terms of quantity and quality) when being compared to android.
Though the difference is getting smaller by the day, its still quite significant when talking about tablets.
Re: Iphone Or Android by P3trCruzZ(m): 6:43am On Nov 02, 2012
stil confused
Re: Iphone Or Android by jedisco(m): 8:14am On Nov 02, 2012
Which of the LG optimus are you referring to.
Re: Iphone Or Android by francis247(m): 9:12am On Nov 02, 2012
P3tr CruzZ: Please,please,please pals,am really confused here,i dont know which 2 buy between iphone 4 nd lg optimus.I really need a lil help in making the choice.
unless it's iphone 5, don't try it.
Re: Iphone Or Android by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:28am On Nov 02, 2012
Iphone. if u need to ask this question, then u most def need to get the iphone.
Re: Iphone Or Android by P3trCruzZ(m): 5:15pm On Nov 02, 2012
jedisco: Which of the LG optimus are you referring to.
LG OPTIMUS 3D P920
Re: Iphone Or Android by blackweaver(m): 5:25pm On Nov 02, 2012
first question: how much are you willing to put down
Second: do you want phone that just works or one you can customise.

if your answer for the first question is less than 100k then go android

if you can afford any phone and you want a phone that "just works" go iphone but if you prefer customizability go android
Re: Iphone Or Android by P3trCruzZ(m): 7:38pm On Nov 02, 2012
blackweaver: first question: how much are you willing to put down

if you can afford any phone and you want a phone that "just works" go iphone but if you prefer customizability go android
cheesy
blackweaver: first question: how much are you willing to put down

thanks
Re: Iphone Or Android by jahonmatic(m): 5:32am On Nov 03, 2012
Plss i need iphone4? i wanna buy used,.
Re: Iphone Or Android by Suntemi(m): 5:39am On Nov 03, 2012
Oga, go for iPhone 4, you can get 32Gb for 67k. Then find a good jailbreaker to fully customize it for you. You will not regret you did.

Just a suggestion though.
Re: Iphone Or Android by jahonmatic(m): 10:19am On Nov 03, 2012
thanks but i heard its 2 types and i don't want the one with chip.....where can i get it if you have any idea??
Re: Iphone Or Android by Suntemi(m): 10:43am On Nov 03, 2012
I sell and the price I gave you is the price for Factory Unlocked iPhone 4 32Gb. It's not chip o.
Re: Iphone Or Android by blackweaver(m): 11:21am On Nov 03, 2012
@P3tr CruzZ
if you don't mind going for fairly used sha, i'm pretty sure u can get iphones under 100k like sun_temi has said, but some of us like having warranty - even though we hope to never need it
Re: Iphone Or Android by jahonmatic(m): 8:01am On Nov 04, 2012
how much will u gimme last price? i mean the iphone 4
Re: Iphone Or Android by Suntemi(m): 9:29am On Nov 04, 2012
Jahonmatic, the last I can sell the 32Gb is 65k. The 16Gb is 57k. Factory unlocked. You can check my thread for more info; http://
www.nairaland.com/820040/
unlocked-iphone-4-iphone-4s or visit our website: www.suntemitech.com
Re: Iphone Or Android by jahonmatic(m): 9:41am On Nov 04, 2012
let me have your number
Re: Iphone Or Android by Suntemi(m): 10:34am On Nov 04, 2012
Re: Iphone Or Android by P3trCruzZ(m): 8:38pm On Nov 05, 2012
think ama settle for android!
Re: Iphone Or Android by biz2get(m): 6:56am On Nov 06, 2012
P3tr CruzZ: think ama settle for android!
Good choice man! Android is #bam
Re: Iphone Or Android by texazzpete(m): 7:46am On Nov 06, 2012

venorite:
iphone has apps and games too but you cant compare and apple market to google play....

Are you guys on crack?!

There are more games on iOS than Android...and the quality all round is better on iOS.
Re: Iphone Or Android by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 06, 2012
jedisco:

I don't get you two but iOS has more apps (both in terms of quantity and quality) when being compared to android.
Though the difference is getting smaller by the day, its still quite significant when talking about tablets.
texazzpete:

Are you guys on crack?

There are more games on iOS than Android...and the quality all round is better on iOS.

Quantity....ko Quality... ni
The fact is ANDROID and APPLE IOS have equal number of Apps (700000) as at October 2012.
Most Apps in Andriod and Apple are written by the same programmers.
For average users, Apple ios has no advantage over Andriod os and vice versa.
how many apps do you think you can install in device?
Re: Iphone Or Android by francis247(m): 2:48pm On Nov 06, 2012
texazzpete:

Are you guys on crack?!

No sir! We are not on crack. You don't have to go about throwing insults on others simply because they do not hold the same view as yours with regards to Apple products. one man's meat is another man's poison. You've always thrown a blind eye to these living facts about the iphone 4s:
No Flash support in the web
browser
No true multitasking for all
applications
FaceTime video calls work only
over Wi-Fi
No file transfer over Bluetooth or
USB Mass Storage mode
(independent from iTunes)
No FM radio
No stereo speakers
No microSD card slot
Non-user-replaceable battery
Siri still a beta, location services
not enabled outside US
Stuck with iTunes for loading
content
Until there's something similar to the above on any device running Android OS, I think I'll pass for now.

1 Like

Re: Iphone Or Android by jedisco(m): 5:32pm On Nov 06, 2012
petaling:

Quantity....ko Quality... ni
The fact is ANDROID and APPLE IOS have equal number of Apps (700000) as at October 2012.
Most Apps in Andriod and Apple are written by the same programmers.
For average users, Apple ios has no advantage over Andriod os and vice versa.
how many apps do you think you can install in device?

Before you reply some posts you should first get your facts right.

First, the last apple event, apple announced that there are currently 750,000 apps in the app store. Sometime after that google announced that they've reached 700,000

Secondly, the fact that most apps are written by thesame programmer doesn't mean their quality or update cycles are thesame especially when you take into consideration the fragmentation (both in hardware and software) that android has. Moreover, the apple app store is so much more rewarding than that of android to developers so that its so common seeing developers releasing ios apps before making that of android.
It's also an open secret that in googles race to meet apple, they relaxed most restrictions so its easier to publish lower quality and malicious apps on google play.

Lastly, you cannot speak for the average consumer. IOS has alot of advantages over android just as android has some over iOS.
That my reply was to correct someones misconception and like I said, the difference may be quite minute for phones but its still very evident when looking at tablets. For the iPad you get so much more apps customized to make use of the extra screen space while on android tablets you get mainly stretched out phone apps.
Re: Iphone Or Android by Mystiqme: 9:32am On Nov 07, 2012
Another android/iOS war?
Re: Iphone Or Android by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 07, 2012
francis247: unless it's iphone 5, don't try it.

(1) (Reply)

2go Problems / Is MTN Giving Out Free Browsing To Its Subscribers? / I Can't Cconnect To Bbm For Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.