Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

..... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ..... (1275 Views)

Advice For A Friend That Failed / Is 2.7 Gpa Adequate For A Masters Degree In Canada,please Your Advice Is Needed / I Need Your Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

..... by Ymodulus: 11:30pm On Nov 01, 2012
Re: ..... by CuntDestroyer: 11:35pm On Nov 01, 2012
you will never get back to your previous academic form and being that your life is worthlessly dependent on the outcome of a test score I suggest you kill yourself.

pic related : it's what i think you are.

Re: ..... by vanbonattel: 11:38pm On Nov 01, 2012
Ymodulus: Afternoon all, A friend of mine sent me this.

Been an old time member of this forum never felt i will one day be asking questions, untill today. Now straight to my story.

Am a guy, 19 by age to be precise, a year 3 student of a federal university, working in some places and also schooling,

Recently my last semester result was released and my academic performace was poor compared to previous performance, dropped from 4.43 to 3.89 as semesterial gp
and cgpa also went low from 4.33 to 4.21.
Its almost a week i ave been battling with this, been so depressed, really not able to eat(yeah i now take water & biscuits) and trying to cheer myself up for the new semester which just started and not to repeat the silly mistake i made last semester, i have decided to take some following decisions of which am still not sure am doing the right thing as i believe i might be over-reacting so i have decided to come up here to seek your advice.

Actions about to be carried out.

WORK.
1. I work in a radio station, web developing start firm and a construction firm. [ About tendering my resignation letter. Infact it is already typed as i speak.]

RELATIONSHIPs
1. Trying to cut off relationships or close ties with most if not all people around me in school. [ I know it sounds crazy but i think if i have to tell myself the truth i got associations, pple coming around me last semester more.]
Note am not using this as an excuse for my poor performamce.

2. I Have no girl friend, and not planning on getting one. [but i'm planning on getting a female friend, One matured in THINKING.] as i belive the will actually pgive the best advice
3. Also planning on getting a guy i can call a friend. (Note i live a very ISOLATED live, i dont really see a problem with this but if you think its bad i will be willing to hear your reasons).

Miscellanous
1. This is one of the Most difficult decisions but its something i have to do, i have taken programming to me as everything though i dont want to blieve programming has anything to do with my bad grades or use any excuse to justify my poor performance, as my course is not computer related i am thinking of giving a break totally from this.
2. Last semster i waste too much time online browsing, whatsapping and on nairaland lol! yeah. already killing this habit drastically

Reading.
1. Last semesters i was reading at late hours( wen it was late ) and wasnt really focus. [ Now will make sure their is a change. Infact am already working on this. ]

Truth be told i just want to re-start my life in the university and everywhere this semester afresh. please is anything wrong with the above decisions ?

Thanks for your contributions in advance and i also need advice or help on how i can move forward.
Now i feel like i lost a gal friend. lol!! thanks once more. Forgive me if i have posted this in the wrong section. but couldnt determine which board is the right board for something like this.

Avoid drugs, Work harder, keep few friends and sleep early, also try some outdoor sports in the weekends. As you grow older, these problems will vanish.
Re: ..... by Ymodulus: 11:39pm On Nov 01, 2012
CuntDestroyer:

you will never get back to your previous academic form and being that your life is worthlessly dependent on the outcome of a test score I suggest you kill yourself.

hw do u mean sir?
Re: ..... by vanbonattel: 11:40pm On Nov 01, 2012
CuntDestroyer:

Is that your father's picture?

1 Like

Re: ..... by Ymodulus: 11:43pm On Nov 01, 2012
van bonattel:

Avoid drugs, Work harder, keep few friends and sleep early, also try some outdoor sports in the weekends. As you grow older, these problems will vanish.

thanks. i dont take drugs. will worrk harder and keep few friends. On sports ehmmm i dont even play ball not even video games.
Re: ..... by CuntDestroyer: 11:44pm On Nov 01, 2012
van bonattel:

Is that your father's picture?

no your mother. mind your business!
Re: ..... by vanbonattel: 11:48pm On Nov 01, 2012
CuntDestroyer:

no your mother. mind your business!

cuntdestroyer, watch out as you sound like the one who will wind up in jail, your anus will serve the big boys as a cun.t every night grin
Re: ..... by CuntDestroyer: 11:58pm On Nov 01, 2012
van bonattel:

cuntdestroyer, watch out as you sound like the one who will wind up in jail, your anus will serve the big boys as a cun.t every night grin

gaylord, am sure you got turned in faster than a mary poppins ballet. what were you in for? did you suck aids d1ck and if so how many?
Re: ..... by CuntDestroyer: 12:02am On Nov 02, 2012
OP, by the way this isn't your Dear John advisory. If you can't figure sh1t for yourself by now then you have no business getting a higher education. Consider a simpler way of life like doing dishes or flipping burgers. You know regular direct entry labor market skills.

We talk politics here and no one is going to give a rat a55 about your grades.

gtfo!
Re: ..... by vanbonattel: 12:04am On Nov 02, 2012
CuntDestroyer: OP, by the way this isn't your Dear John advisory. If you can't figure sh1t for yourself by now then you have no business getting a higher education. Consider a simpler way of life like doing dishes or flipping burgers. You know regular direct entry labor market skills.

We talk politics here and no one is going to give a rat a55 about your grades.

gtfo!

wonder who gave this raving lunatic access to the internet?
Re: ..... by CuntDestroyer: 12:08am On Nov 02, 2012
van bonattel:

wonder who gave this raving lunatic access to the internet?

Re: ..... by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 02, 2012
van bonattel:

Did you have to quote the entire write-up? angry
Re: ..... by ifyalways(f): 9:55am On Nov 02, 2012
Perhaps I shouldn't say this, but I really lol-ed @ CD's 2nd gif. Where do you get them?

@OP,what are you studying in school?do you really like the course and see yourself excelling in that field?would you be fulfilled in the career it would lead you to?

Do things differently this semester and see how it goes. Please, do something about your social life, offline social life. Go out, meet people, network, have fun.
Re: ..... by Callotti: 10:26am On Nov 02, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/ymodulus/topics

With all the time you spend on Nairaland. . . I doubt there is any hope for recovery being a STUDENT! grin

YOU WILL HAVE TO SORT OUT YOUR EMOTIONAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL ISSUES YOURSELF! IT IS CALLED GROWING UP! kiss

*I really would hate to be 39 again. . .not to mention 19* cry

(1) (Reply)

The Kings Poly, Saki, Oyo State, Nigeria Admission 2014/2015 Session / Association Of Masscomm Student'unilorin' / What If There Were No Medicine????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.