Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate (8164 Views)

Benin Bronze Cockerel Causing Debate Between England & Nigeria (PHOTO) / Cross Cultural Marriage:interesting Tweets From White Lady Married To A Nigerian / Some Tribes And Their Weird Cultural Practices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:38am On Nov 29, 2012
Ify,you wan start war,abi ?
By the way,I nominate Ifyalways for the judges panel.
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 01, 2012
ifyalways: Lol @ "the usual nld drama" .

@topic, here's an example of what i meant:

Topic of drama : should inter-marriage be encouraged?

Cast :tag team style
Mrs Chima.Versus
Pagan9ja

Jallowbah. Versus
Nri Priest.

Kails (neutral)
Stillwater(neutral)

Scene 1
Mrs chima would tell us why inter marriage is important, should be encouraged et all.

Scene 2
Kails enters to tell us why she's indifferent and don't care about who marries who.

Scene 3:Pagan9ja's turn to tell us why all akata's and foreign women should leave our brothers alone, why our sisters should stick to black men only.

Repeat same pattern for the other casts. The basic thing is that it would be presented in a fun way as opposed to debating.

hmmm...

lol @ bolded.
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by odumchi: 8:18am On Dec 02, 2012
ifyalways: A lot going on in nld now. It might make more sense if we shift this to next year.

I think that's the best option; this is the time of year when people are very busy. However, I will leave this thread open for more suggestions as we work our way towards it. If all things go right, I look forward to having this early next year.
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by pleep(m): 3:07pm On Dec 11, 2012
I NOMINATE PLEEP!
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 13, 2013
LMAO! @ the hidden post! grin
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by bilms(m): 6:51pm On Apr 01, 2013
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by dubem3(m): 9:57am On Apr 02, 2013
odumchi,how far for this market sef?
meanwhile happy ihe nine agbara agba and nke aka ga agbagba.
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by pleep(m): 4:26pm On Apr 04, 2013
Hey mod, i think we need to start trying to make this happen. I would be happy to assist

1 Like

Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by pleep(m): 8:39pm On Apr 27, 2013
LMAO! @ the hidden post! grin
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jun 12, 2013
pleep: Hey mod, i think we need to start trying to make this happen. I would be happy to assist

pleep why don't you organize it?
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by pleep(m): 3:51am On Jun 13, 2013
Good idea, ill open the thread Tm!
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by basra: 9:41am On Jun 15, 2013
pleep: Good idea, ill open the thread Tm!

i wana contribute
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by EfemenaXY: 12:27am On Jun 25, 2013
So, has/have the topic(s)been decided upon yet?
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 25, 2013
If u're serious and determined about the debate, then you should know there is no right time for it. Early next will be okay but its a very dull period in NL. So, organise it well and speed off...u can ask sexkillz on how he runs his own package.
Anytime u're ready to organise the debate... I like wil be a contestant
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by Tgirl4real(f): 4:13pm On Jun 27, 2013
I hope we wont end up sleeping on this thread. grin
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by dubem3(m): 5:28pm On Jun 27, 2013
ODUM!
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by pleep(m): 3:43am On Jul 05, 2013
i think ill try and organize it.... just busy with school now.
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by EfemenaXY: 5:44am On Jul 05, 2013
Tgirl4real: I hope we wont end up sleeping on this thread. grin

You nko?

Weren't you supposed to be organizing one in the Family Section? undecided
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by Tgirl4real(f): 2:19pm On Jul 05, 2013
Efemena_xy:

You nko?

Weren't you supposed to be organizing one in the Family Section? undecided

Go jor!

Is it not all u market women that turned the place to a buying and selling centre... angry grin

Actually, I got no positive response. U didn't make up your mind, coogar opted out cos he was the only male and I was only left with babe.
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 05, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Go jor!

Is it not all u market women that turned the place to a buying and selling centre... angry grin

Actually, I got no positive response. U didn't make up your mind, coogar opted out cos he was the only male and I was only left with babe.
You need my help?
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by Tgirl4real(f): 5:02pm On Jul 05, 2013
Chukskalidon:
You need my help?

How do u wanna come in?
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by Afam4eva(m): 5:03pm On Jul 05, 2013
Is this cultural debate ever gonna happen?
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by EfemenaXY: 5:58pm On Jul 05, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Go jor!

grin grin

Organize something jare and you'll get participants.

But make sure it's a controversial topic. Something that will get both camps heated up. smiley
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by Tgirl4real(f): 6:04pm On Jul 05, 2013
Efemena_xy:

grin grin

Organize something jare and you'll get participants.

But make sure it's a controversial topic. Something that will get both camps heated up. smiley

Indeed!

Dint I do that before?

Go and fish out the thread and revive it by posting on it. I will take it up from there. cool
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by EfemenaXY: 6:14pm On Jul 05, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Indeed!

Dint I do that before?

Go and fish out the thread and revive it by posting on it. I will take it up from there. cool

That topic wasn't inspiring.
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by Tgirl4real(f): 6:25pm On Jul 05, 2013
Thatz one of the issues we had then. The topic wasn't even my idea.

Can u suggest topics on the thread?
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by EfemenaXY: 6:48pm On Jul 05, 2013
Tgirl4real: Thatz one of the issues we had then. The topic wasn't even my idea.

Can u suggest topics on the thread?

There are a number of 'smoking hot' topics in the family section that have brought about passionate debates...religious views from different camps pitted against each other. Babyosisi's threads are an example of such... smiley
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by odumchi: 4:16am On Jul 06, 2013
I'll happily go along with this, however only if enough people decide to participate.

dubem3: ODUM!

Nwoke m, kedu ka I mere? O teela.
Re: The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate by dubem3(m): 10:31am On Jul 06, 2013
odumchi:
Nwoke m, kedu ka I mere? O teela.

adikwa'm mma oh.
Odika mgbaghari ekweghi gi megharia ahu.
Kedu ubochi anyi ga aso mpi'a?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alhaji Abubakar Ali Appointed As The New Emir Of Yamaltu / History: Get To Know The Legend Of Usman Dan Fodio,wars,politics And Works. / Nigeria's Queen Of Sheba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.