Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,918 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? (9272 Views)

Fowl Thief Stripped Naked In Benue (PHOTO) / Boys Stripped Unclad For Stealing In Ogun State (Photo) / Goat Thieves Stripped Naked, Paraded Round Town (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? by Siga: 5:10pm On Nov 02, 2012
With the recent issues going on in Nigeria where stripping down suspects is the order of the day, it makes me want to know why is this the first thing people do?

I beg no bring tribalism for here ooo....Tx

1 Like

Re: Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? by folem: 5:13pm On Nov 02, 2012
To dehumanise them.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? by slimming: 5:28pm On Nov 02, 2012
To disarm them

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? by obisage(m): 6:27pm On Nov 02, 2012
to teach others lesson.... to unclad any suspect is not just a punishment to her alone.... its a warning to others...
Re: Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? by Siga: 6:37pm On Nov 02, 2012
But in the case of wat we saw on the other tread....thats shows the police as doing same thing to an Okada man....that im sure no be thief....is that right?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? by advocate666: 7:00pm On Nov 02, 2012
because we allow them

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? by AMINSCO(m): 8:16pm On Nov 02, 2012
Cos we don't respect ourselves

1 Like

Re: Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? by SamMilla1(m): 8:20pm On Nov 02, 2012
There are a number of key things we have not clearly defined as a nation.
One of them is sending police officers to jail if they misbehave.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? by pastormustwacc: 8:23pm On Nov 02, 2012
I tire o
Re: Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? by Heeyhun(f): 8:24pm On Nov 02, 2012
I think its to stigmatise them, for me, going unclad in public is the worst that could happen to an average human especially women. Anyways, i have come to understand that hardened criminals don't feel any remose even if they are paraded the whole of Nigeria unclad, it makes no difference to them...

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 02, 2012
lets be sincere....lagos especially is known as a lawless state, by the time ur unclad stubborn peepz otherz will surely learn...GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 02, 2012
What of mad men and women who strip themselves n.aked? Abi na person remove their cloth?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 02, 2012
Police report before people are allowed into the hospital bothers me so much,i am still expecting a legislation to allow people to be allowed treatments,
Re: Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? by elampiro(m): 8:27pm On Nov 02, 2012
It is a sign that our people need so much enlightenment from their uncivilized mentality.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 02, 2012
Sam Milla: There a number of key things we have not clearly defined as a nation.
One of them is sending police officers to jail if they misbehave.

big lie ooo...4 policemen were jailed for 25yearz or so....for robbery....u beta say wah u knw pls.
Re: Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? by Maxymilliano(m): 8:29pm On Nov 02, 2012
It is to dehumanize the suspect, especially when its the malefolks, but for the female folks transcend more than that, apart from the stigma attached to the strippings, the unmentionables on display is always a sight to behold.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? by seedord247(m): 8:29pm On Nov 02, 2012
elampiro: It is a sign that our people need so much enlightenment from their uncivilized mentality.

But if this is done in western countries it would be the other way round....

I wont blame them bcus thats their own way if trearing criminnals.
Re: Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 02, 2012
Humiliation.
Re: Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? by nitlad: 8:35pm On Nov 02, 2012
slimming: To disarm them
grin grin grin
To disarm them!!! grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? by Caseless: 8:38pm On Nov 02, 2012
People are just heartless! I saw one video clip last time...a lady was being stripped unclad for stealing blackberry. How much is blackberry that u will expose someone to such punishment? I'm not suprised, shey they roast 4 students for ph last time over laptop and fone...infact, those guys were also left unclad for everybody to see b4 killing them. Lawless country!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? by Caseless: 8:39pm On Nov 02, 2012
nitlad: grin grin grin
To disarm them!!! grin grin grin
ok oooo
Re: Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? by SELFWORTH: 8:40pm On Nov 02, 2012
1.Becos some perverts cannot wait to see what's underneath
2. Becos some inhuman people will see the need to take pictures of victims so they can glory in others misery
3. Becos some gutter money-mis road people will decide to post it on NL so we know they have a blackberry
4. Becos some ignorant people feel they need to see the picture and follow the thread so we know they have an opinion
5. Becos the devil needs more recruits to his Kingdom so he can continue to celebrate whilst the children of God steal, kill and destroy each other

... Becos it's our choice as a nation to continue to humiliate each other and continue in sin until God gets angry again and kill many more than he destroyed in the bible becos He regrets creating human beings.

If people stop viewing the pictures and no one cares, this barbaric action will stop in no time. If we want change , let us change individually. Nothing will change unless we change as individuals.

14 Likes

Re: Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? by CLIQBOY(m): 8:41pm On Nov 02, 2012
so that will can also commit crime grin grin
Re: Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? by nitlad: 8:42pm On Nov 02, 2012
berem: What of mad men and women who strip themselves n.aked? Abi na person remove their cloth?
Àsé òrò
Ìwo má gò ò. A n wírún o n wírùn. Oshisko.
Mtscheeeewwwww

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? by Gabrielsylar(m): 8:44pm On Nov 02, 2012
Stipping them is naija cops way of saying. “No be dem tiff the money ooooo but because we no know who realli tiff am make we just show una dis one koro koro..seargent comot him kpata“
Re: Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? by Blackteeth(m): 8:45pm On Nov 02, 2012
If you find out why everywhere is full of slums then you have gotten the answer.
Re: Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? by GentleNaaz(m): 8:46pm On Nov 02, 2012
8 men caught a female thief @ 9;30pm. Dy unclad her 2 kil her. On seeing her toto n bumbum, dia mind chngd n dy rquestd for 4 rounds of Bleep each or dy burn her alive. Dy said she go dy gv dm toto any time, any where, any hw dy need it til d day she dies. Seeing toto ft save a female thief o..wink wink wink
Re: Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? by Caseless: 8:47pm On Nov 02, 2012
U go even see some of d mobs de touch breas't and pussy of their victims...konji, i must say.
Re: Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? by andyanders: 8:49pm On Nov 02, 2012
Siga: With the recent issues going on in Nigeria where stripping down suspects is the order of the day, it makes me want to know why is this the first thing people do?

I beg no bring tribalism for here ooo....Tx

In fact this is a serious subject matter of which we all need to be condemned. What I cannot comprehend also is why the law enforcement officers equally do same with impunity. Its seems that the criminals choose to follow/copy. In fact a law should be passed by the legislators to make it compulsory for offenders to receive a jail term of a minimum of 5yrs without a option of fine.This country is turning to wicked nation without conscience. A full blown adult stripped naked in the public because he or she committed a offence? Even these murders are the real culprit. The real robbers, the law enforcement officers that indulge in this disgraceful acts are even robbers in the night. They use their position to rob.official armed robbers. something must be done.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? by Caseless: 8:50pm On Nov 02, 2012
CLIQBOY: so that will can also commit crime grin grin
u say?
Re: Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? by Caseless: 8:52pm On Nov 02, 2012
Gabriel_sylar: Stipping them is naija cops way of saying. “No be dem tiff the money ooooo but because we no know who realli tiff am make we just show una dis one koro koro..seargent comot him kpata“
Blackteeth: If you find out why everywhere is full of slums then you have gotten the answer.
lolling and falling!
Re: Why Are Criminal Suspects Always Stripped Naked? by Feraz(m): 8:53pm On Nov 02, 2012
Na today?? E DON TEY!!! Madam catch househelp with boy for outside dey talk (e fit be say na direction the boy dey ask to enter building), madam go strip househelp for passerby presence com beat am well well...
Pikin thief (even those wee don pass 18), mama/papa strip am flog am well well....
Boy boy go watch match when in dey return from work, oga hear come strip am wire am well well....
You catch the opposite sex with your lover for bed, first thing na to strip am for public com beat am well well......
You catch thief, for boy, first thing na to strip am take pishure com beat am well well to the extent wee be say you fit burn am....if na girl, you strip am com dey push am side to side dey touch dey claim say you dey disgrace dey take pishure dey get multiple o.rgasms.....
You get quarrel with your neighbour, first thing na to strip unaselves naked before fight go start....
You clash with person for road (nigga moment)...first thing na to strip before una fight.....
Police catch you, na to draw you for trousers before your trousers tear....
Bottom line, this mentality is in most Nigerians and this mentality has to be changed from our homes....

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oyo: Kidnappers Kill Iseyin Farmer, Three Others Still In Captivity / Watch As Robbers Returned To Victim And Requested For Remaining Money / Girl Cut Her Friend With A Razor Blade Because She Snatched Her SUGAR DADDY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.